NYCC More TF Prime

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Joe Moore, Oct 13, 2011.

1. Lazerwave

Lazerwave My Most Prized Treasure

News Credits:
    I'm only into Voyager Bulkhead and Skyquake, but if there is an accurate Voyager Megatron I'll get him and Optimus.

2. tomagnus

tomagnus question the answers

bulkhead and arcee look cool. might consider them. kinda feel the same way about the styling as I did with TF animated..... meh.

3. Xaddion

Xaddion ...

News Credits:
    The TF Panel doesn't kick off until 12:15. You're going to have to wait about 10 minutes.

4. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    NM I was a moron. I saw the Voayger Prime pics and blindly overlooked the very first picture with Bulkhead. My excitement for this line got the best of me.

5. Ratchets Hatch

Ratchets Hatch Medic

News Credits:
    Yay! Everyone is transformed correctly this time! Arcee just keeps looking better and better. I'm getting her and Optimus as soon as I see them.

Now... bring on Skyquake!

6. Geof7609

Geof7609 Brake Pioneer

I'm quoting you since you're the most recent to ask this.

The Arcee & Starscream figures in these pics ARE Deluxe Class. Look more carefully at the ID card next to the figures, Arcee's card clearly says "Deluxe" while Starscream's has an SRP of $11.99, which is Deluxe price.

7. Sy-Rein

Sy-Rein Rogue Stunticon

News Credits:
    I think the confusion lies in the link from the first post in this thread links to only the Cyberverse stuff. Meanwhile there's a 2nd link on the front page for the deluxe/voyager pics but that also references this same thread.

8. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:
    I'm far from being a price cheer leader of the Animated version of Transformers.

But even I can see the merit in the engineering of some of the toys even when it may not be my favoured artstyle - I don't think Classics toys are always better - I find Perceptor deeply dissatisfying in how he look in both mode - that he does not stand well and how poorly he holds together around the shoulders due to the lack of a proper back hinge to secure him in place (the tab is just far to loose).

But I can also see some real merit in Leader Animated Bulkhead or Deluxe Jazz and some of the others.

So far the Prime toys seem to have so issue with regard to design not matching the show as well as they did it with Animated - Bumblebee's Robot mode is quite far off the mark Arcee has no Blasters and her back kibble has been transposed to her shoulders and her blades are to big and a funny shape.

But Optimus seems very close to the CGI overall and Bulkhead & Starscream are a decent approximation and even that Cyberverse Commander Megatron looks exactly like him (even the face is spot on).

I would even say that the toy Optimus actually has a nicer head than the CGi It's more Optimus like than the CGI (if you get what I mean)..

So Hold out judging to much Prime seems to lean more towards Classic than it does Animated overall.. In many ways I see it more like a successor to Beast Wars than to Animated with it's compact cast list.

Animated I see more like the carry on from RID.. as like RID it has lots of characters and a lighter tone.

Also Prime actually adds an nice flavour note to Beast Wars if you imagine a Prime Universe version of the Beast Wars the reasons the VOK interdicted the Transformers might be because they let Unicron out possibly blowing the Earth up in the process. also if Humanity is the Children of Chaos it make them ascending to a higher form of life more believable. If you think about How the Beast Wars would work in the TF Prime Universe it's quite a fun thought experiment.

9. NCStarscream

NCStarscream Me Grimlock cute

News Credits:
    Soundwave appears to be amazing.

I want almost literally every single Prime item shown so far. I might only get one version of Deluxe Cliffjumper and haven't decided yet on any Bumblebee or that Optimus/Megatron Deluxe two pack. Otherwise I'm pretty sure I want all of it.

10. tomagnus

@RedAlertrescue- I hear what Ur saying. Clever engineering is a good selling point for me. Although I've yet to watch a single Prime episode. Don't have the "HUB" network. I'm sure I'll get a few of the characters as I did with animated in the end. And your right about the head sculpt on Optimus, it is an excellent sculpt! But I'm just not crazy about the Prime toys like some of the others here on the boards. Not gonna go outta my way for'em. It'll be one more set for another child or collector. Besides there are a bunch of other TFs, other non TF toys and games I wanna get first. Unfortunately my wallet doesn't have unlimited funds, would be nice though.

11. Stepper

Stepper Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Skyquake may get release in 2nd wave as so far we did not get to see Skyquake release in 1st wave, a Voyager class of him is most likely to be issued.

12. Alexander Quinn

Alexander Quinn Well-Known Member

Pics look nice, but I'm really starting to get annoyed that have to bust out the silver sharpie for nearly every figure Hasbro releases with tires. Spend the extra .3 cents and paint the damned hubcaps for crying out loud.

13. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Anybody? I haven't had any luck finding any more info on this, or any clearer photos that have the card in them...

14. Stepper

News Credits:
    They may issue him 2 pack just like how they did to Animated OP & Meg but that is the Deluxe version.

15. NCStarscream

NCStarscream Me Grimlock cute

News Credits:
    That's all I see, too. I assume it's a copy and paste error. If they can't be bothered to transform the toys properly I don't doubt they'd mislabel some of them too.

16. Stepper

News Credits:
    Just that the design for Prime series is much more nicer looking compare to Animated which is targetted to kids.

17. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    seriously, what would you rather have the paint go to? the rims? or the frames of the windows?

the frames needed the paint, so screw those rims

18. Stepper

News Credits:
    We will just customised the rim ourself if worse comes to worse

19. tomagnus

They definitely are better looking than the animated line. When I first saw the animated figures I was like absolutely not! With these prime figures there have been some that I do like, but not gonna go crazy about getting them. Except maybe the dlx wheeljack, and voyager bulkhead. And maybe arcee and cliffy. I'll probably wait for some hi res galleries and some video reviews before I commit to this line or focus my $$ towards other toys and things.

20. ediblesteak

ediblesteak Well-Known Member

I can't wait to pick up a Bulkhead.