NYCC 2019 Panel

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Superhans, Oct 3, 2019.

1. ultramagnus1

ultramagnus1 Well-Known Member

Lets hope we get some great cons in earthrise alongside starscream

• Like Like x 5
  2. WishfulThinking

WishfulThinking "Don't touch it! It's Zvil!"

News Credits:
    Aside from the more obvious like Blitzwing, Battlechargers, Fasttrack and the Conehead Seekers - what do we think are the chances Hasbro revisits the Insecticons? Or goes deep cut with the deluxe Insecticons (which can be done now thanks to the fact that the Harmony Gold case set a precedence that Bandai can't come after Hasbro for creating toys of the characters they own based on previously shared IP designs)?

• Like Like x 2
  3. MrUniqZ

MrUniqZ Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    This gray hand Optimus stuff is going to be the next obsession. Maybe someone should make a dedicated thread like MP44 had.

On the other hand, I watched one of the discussion panels and I chuckled about what they did with Starscream. Size up the old classics figure and add articulation. It’s such a surreal and sublime approach. Putting the final nail in the coffin of classic seeker KOs eh, eh..lol

• Like Like x 2
  4. SG Roadbuster

SG Roadbuster SG Wrecker

News Credits:
    sooooo are we expecting any more news this weekend? or did Hasbro blow their load already?

5. ultramagnus1

ultramagnus1 Well-Known Member

I think it will all be about unicron with the final run in

6. LoneDragon

LoneDragon I dare to be stupid!

I was discounting the 35ths because it's a slightly different color of the same guy. I forgot about camo Megatron. I did count Redwing and Shockwave (I don't care what anyone says, he's an overpriced Voyager).
    Blitzwing was my favorite G1 Decepticon AND my favorite Animated Decepticon. And I don't have a Blitzwing figure yet!

I very much hope that there's a Blitzwing in this trilogy. I would be happy with a G1 update like most of the line or a blend of features from G1 and Animated.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Bob Schoonover

Bob Schoonover Poorly-Known Member

News Credits:
    I've found it's easier to just discuss "voyager/leader" as a category (voyers would work as a name if not for the incredibly unfortunate homonym). Will Blitzwing be a voyager or a leader? Who cares, he'll be a voyager/leader. Same with Doubledealer.

• Like Like x 4
  8. Effigy

Effigy Well-Known Member

He's gotta be a leader if Astrotrain is, no?

9. CyberDragon10K

CyberDragon10K Predacon Rising

Granted it's going to be incredibly weird when my LG Blitzwing is slightly taller than this hypothetical new Earth Rise Blitzwing.
    What could they even add to him to give him the mass/parts count to qualify as a leader anyhow? Astrotrain had that coal car. What would a tank/fighter jet reasonably want?

10. Bob Schoonover

News Credits:
    Detachable wings to make a drone that flies over the tank?

• Like Like x 2
  11. Wh33l JcK

Wh33l JcK Well-Known Member

I love Titansreturn Blitzwing, I just wish I could ignore the headmaster gimmick, you sort of can for tank mode, but not for the jet.

12. GoodxCross

GoodxCross Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    i think if they do blitzwing it will be as a voyager but this could be the inspiration for a leader class version tam35100__62725.1459546065.jpg i would hope that its more massive than whats shown here if it was used as inspiration, but the point is its not like they don't have anything they could add to bump him up to leader

• Like Like x 3
  13. Powerglide1991

Powerglide1991 Autobot

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It's a very minor, and easily workable flaw though, that's the point.

If they removed the blue and replaced it with black, or if they removed his ear antenna, then yes, everyone has the absolute right to call Hasbro out on it and back it up with there wallet, but it's the Hands, and it's not as if they haven't been this colour before.

Heck i wouldn't even call this a flaw, a flaw to me is something mechanically wrong with the figure, either not been able to stand properly, or the transformation resulting in breakage, something actually wrong with the figure that makes it near enough unusable. *Glares at PRID Airachnid*

All this is is something that some people don't necessarily like, which is fine, but making a huge song and dance out of it isn't going to help anyone.

Constructive criticism is more than welcome, but when people start attacking one another over the colour of a toys hands, it's a whole different story (i'm not saying you did, but going back through this thread it's not hard to find people insulting one another over it)

• Like Like x 3
  14. Diamondback

Diamondback Bitterly Clinging G1 Micromaster Malcontent

News Credits:
    Oh, that brings flashbacks to my Axis & Allies Miniatures days: "Croc Stew"--a squad of two Churchill Crocs and two M3 Stuart light tanks. Nasty, that combo...

• Like Like x 1
  15. G1 Cassette Hunter

G1 Cassette Hunter Hunting the Elusive G1 Cardbacks

News Credits:
    Anyone know if they ever officially released a response to the Gurafi sdcc set supply debacle? Figured this would be as big a forum post order cancellations as they could get publicly...

16. barry

barry Like a Kind of Matador

News Credits:
    You know that whenever you say something as sensible as that then I just go weak at the knees, right?

Last edited: Oct 5, 2019
    • Like Like x 4
  17. barry

barry Like a Kind of Matador

News Credits:
    Plus correct use of homonym. Oh, it’s almost too much.

• Like Like x 3
  18. Superhans

Superhans TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    It’s only NYCC. No way they show anything else new I’d say - especially with them wanting to focus on Unicron, as stated above.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Fort Max

Fort Max Too many is never enough. Veteran

News Credits:
    Yeah there's a couple more shows in Oct, smaller ones though, Paris and London comic cons I know are happening.

20. Bob Schoonover

News Credits:
    That was just for you.

I do think w/how most leaders have a more or less voyager height that it's kind of silly to get to caught up when speculating about which spot any given character will land. Astrotrain has a pretty plausible way to add bulk (you don't have to like it, but adding a tender car and launchpad at least make sense for the character model). Doubledealer being a leader or a voyager will come down to the decisions on the size of the bird wings and whether or not to include powermasters (or something similar).

• Like Like x 3