NYCC 2019 Panel

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Superhans, Oct 3, 2019.

1. Lex79

Lex79 Well-Known Member

Living in Italy, it's already difficult enough to find the figures I want for a reasonable price. I really hope that this BAF thing doesn't gain traction because I don't want to Imagine having to track down an entire wave to get the figure I want.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Bumblejazz

Bumblejazz Your new best friend

News Credits:
    I think Starscream, Windblade, Prowl, and Hot Rod.

3. Effigy

Effigy Well-Known Member

Do the Bafs transform? If they don't, then I really don't care about them.

4. GizmoTron

GizmoTron Roobaticon Commander

Ebay:
    Through the CAD files and Warden's own admission the hands, thighs, and command center on the trailer were meant to be blue, but they ended up having to mold them with the other gray parts instead of the blue ones because reasons.

Well in general these aren't model kits and should be painted, and time and time again we see there's a lot of nice detail with these toys that always gets overlooked or ignored when Hasbro cheapens out. So I'd love it if they painted up the whole thing like a MP, but I know they won't/can't, so if they're already going to have to leave the trailer and even the upper thighs plain gray the least they could do is meet people half way and do something to get Prime's hands right.

5. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid "See see Seacons!"

News Credits:
    No, the "least" they could do is a line of figures that're damn near beat-for-beat recreations of the original G1 toys with updated articulation. You're looking at the compromise that was made to get this project done.

Like I said, it'll never be enough.

• Like Like x 2
  6. GizmoTron

Ebay:
    Actually I'm looking at it like how with the changes made in Siege Hasbro was showing that they are starting to put the same or similar effort into Transformers that they do for their other collector lines, which included reducing sizes and raising prices to improve quality and to reduce the need for these type of compromises that plagued most of the last decade. And because of that expectations are also understandably raised.

So when you expect better, and you know they can do better, on what should have been a slam dunk but instead is just another Optimus toy that could have been a great one if it wasn't hampered by some glaringly poor choices, sorry, but no, that shouldn't be enough. So I have to agree with the naysayers this time that Hasbro's skimping out on the details here is them dropping the ball again, and that's just really disappointing when they were supposed to be getting past this.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2019
    • Like Like x 3
  7. PrimalFury

PrimalFury The Chosen One

News Credits:
    I hope there are a near equal number of Decepticons for Earthrise

• Like Like x 3
  8. Effigy

Effigy Well-Known Member

Well, they're not off to a good start. Not counting the Micro Masters, it's 6-1 so far.

Unless.... the reason we haven't seen the logo on Cliff Jumper's chest is that he switched sides!

9. Bumblejazz

Bumblejazz Your new best friend

News Credits:
    The grey hands don't even bother me. The figure still looks great. And POTP Optimus has grey hands and I love that figure. I got used to it.

• Like Like x 3
  10. Skycutter

Skycutter Well-Known Member

your probably joking but on the off chance your not, he still has a autobot symbol in his alt mode

• Like Like x 1
  11. GizmoTron

Ebay:
    Siege started out the same way, and I don't think it ever evened out.

They do have at least Scorponok coming, that will help make the difference.

• Like Like x 2
  12. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The problem with the Decepticon numbers is that there really aren't that many of them, at least up until you get to the Combiner characters, and they're not going to do all of those again. The original Nemesis crew only consisted of Megatron, Soundwave, Starscream, Thundercracker, Skywarp, the Reflector trio, plus Soundwave's cassettes Ravage, Rumble, and Laserbeak (and maybe Buzzsaw on incredibly rare occasions?). Plus Shockwave on Cybertron. We just got (or are getting) most of those. So rather than clog the waves with constant redoes of the 1984 Decepticon crew, they've mostly been digging deep into the later years to pad out the Decepticon forces with stuff like Brunt, Spinister, and Apeface. But picks like that are pretty limited, too.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Effigy

Effigy Well-Known Member

We need Blitzwing! He's got to be coming, right?

• Like Like x 2
  14. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I dunno. It wasn't that long ago that the Titan's Return version was released. I feel like the only reason we got a new Astrotrain so relatively soon after was that the last version(s) was such a departure from his classic steam locomotive alt-mode that both the fans (and probably some of the designers) were clamoring for a do-over.

15. Lex79

Lex79 Well-Known Member

Good question, I have no idea at the moment.

16. TheAmazingBrave

TheAmazingBrave 吾輩は猫である!!!

Friggin nailed the Starscream. Just, they just took the classics Starscream, upscaled him, and made him better. That's all I ever wanted. Took 'em thirteen years of the fandom telling Hasbro to "put your hand on the lid", but he's here and he's glorious.

Who's that gray dude? A headmaster? Don't recognize him. Who is he suppose to- Mega Zarak?
    Oh. It's Scorponok's head.

• Like Like x 1
  17. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid "See see Seacons!"

News Credits:
    ...his hands are grey. You just keep proving my point, it's kinda hilarious.

18. GizmoTron

Ebay:
    ...which is a poor choice on the part of Hasbro since it made the figure look worse for it. Is it that really so difficult to understand?

What point is that? You still never did explain why it should be "enough". I mean these threads are initial reaction threads, is it really so hilarious that those reactions can both be fans that praise the good of the new figures yet still also point out and criticize the flaws?

19. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    To the people who are at arms about Optimus's hands being grey there's a good chance that they'll make a running change so that his hands will be blue once they heard enough feedback. I mean they did a similar thing for POTP Optimal Optimus where they painted Primal's faceplate silver as it needed to be so who's to say the same won't be done for Earthrise Optimus?

20. tigatron2002

tigatron2002 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    on the same token, they never changed potp optimal optimus' chest to the proper orange