NYCC 2018 - Transformers Siege Figures - On Display High Res Images

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Kickback, Oct 4, 2018.

1. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout Crazy like the Fox

And here I was, thinking I was SAFE with my limited funds, since none of the movie stuff interested me I could avoid this.

But Hasbro...Oh, HASBRO...so many replacements will be made within my collection now...

Megatron
    - God that robot mode is GORGEOUS. Tank mode is...honestly pretty weak since it looks a little too much like TR Hardhead, just with a centered gun turret. But it at least looks interesting. I might seriously have to consider replacing CW Leader Megatron with this guy, since I like the CW alt. mode a lot better as well as the size, but a smaller Megatron certainly would look better in the collection and there this new one simply outclasses the CW with the better arm cannon and legs that aren't honestly lame.

– Starscream (tetra jet mode!) -
    BEHOLD, the voyager G1 seeker mold people have wanted for literally decades. And goddamn it looks fiiiiiiiiiiiiiine! Absolute purchase, as well as the inevitable Thundercracker and Skywarp. My existing Deluxes can stick around for the earth modes but there's just no question the new Voyager seeker is setting new standards by visuals alone.

– Soundwave (tape deck opens to store tapes!) -
    I'm sorry, FOC Soundwave, I honestly do like you but your gimmick and clown shoes, as well as slightly more non-geometrical design, simply never quite fit in with the rest of the Generations Decepticons. Siege Soundwave does everything you can, looks far better even with the weird 'attempted death by a thousand cuts' battle damage, probably turns into a better stereo fan-mode, and doesn't have a giant damn square rod sticking out of his back to deploy tapes.

– Flywheels
    - THE DAY HAS COME! Honestly, this guy looks fucking perfect. I've always had a soft spot for the Duocons, kind of a personal thing since I got the pair as a result of a silly adventure that occurred at Botcon 2008, as they seemed the very epitome of the late G1 gimmick-crazy period obscure figures. I've yet to aquire the POTP Battletrap scout halves but while I applaud Hasbro's creativity in making Battletrap essentially a two-bot combiner like the later cassettes (Slamdance, Squalkbox, etc.), frankly I would have been happy if they just retconned the Duocons into triple changers (what lore exists for them does specifically mention Shockwave created them as part of his multi-mode transformer experiments, eventually creating the triple changers). But no, Hasbro's gone the extra mile because comparing these Flywheels pics to the original G1 figure I own, they absolutely NAILED every sculpting detail. Even the cannon - now a handgun appropriately - has the vertical tab on it that exists on the original toy for no other reason than to lift the jet cockpit/chest slightly away from it.

That and I already own the Skytread TR, so now I also get to give the obvious homage Titanmaster set as a weapon for the real deal like I did TR Brawn to TR Legends Brawn. Except Flywheels already has two handguns, so does that mean I should give him to Battletrap? THE MIND BOGGLES AT THE POTENTIAL.

Shockwave - arguably the weakest of the newly revealed lot, which itself doesn't mean much. His alt. mode obviously being the weak spot since now he turns into the Nemesis, which if inverted probably resembles a laser gun, so I'm okay with that. The kibble I'm not so okay with - like seriously, did they have to make his shoulders THAT GODDAMN BIG? I'm not even arguing about character model accuracy, those shoulders legitimately do not look like they fit with the proportions of the rest of the figure. I'm sure in hand it'll probably be fine and I badly need a good sized Shockwave, but I would have preferred something with a little less footprint due to Big Convoy level kibble problems.

Brunt - He's a big-ass generic based on the IDW Centurions, he's a Decepticon, and you can break him apart. Except he also is stand-alone and turns into some kinda Beast Machines-esque (you can clearly see his head...though given he's a guy based on a drone maybe that's intentional) tank/cannon thing. It's awesome and I want it. I do wish they made him comic-accurate gray instead of Decepticon purple, though - the former looks way better but maybe they thought he looked too much like Megatron.

Refractor - I tend to have a rule where I don't buy duplicates of the same figure (or straight repaints to be a different version of the same character) in order to keep variety going (moderate to heavy retools into different characters I.E. Generations Sandstorm and Springer, Seekers, and Movie Landmine because he's just that goddamn good, are the nominal exceptions). I've only broken this rule TWICE: Animated Soundwave and Electrostatic Soundwave to get both Laserbeak and Ratbat, and Generations Junkheap I bought two of so I could have one junkion riding the other.

I will gladly break this rule again because it's freakin' REFLECTOR. You gotta have all three for the trifecta combination. Oh, sorry, 'Refractor' - though that's a pretty good name change.

Air Strike Patrol Battle Masters - So, micromasters are basically like Targetmaster mini-cons now. I wholeheartedly approve.

Ravage - I love how you can put him on the back of Hound's Jeep mode, just like the 2008 versions could. But yeah, this looks like the best Ravage to date (I can't tell though, does he have the rockets?). And I happen to badly need a good G1 Ravage.

Laserbeak - Also looking quite excellent. The only Laserbeak I've got is the simplistic FoC disc that came with FOC Soundwave and an upgrade for this guy alongside Soundwave is also in order.

Hasbro really put me off with the quality drop during the TR - POTP period, of which I still am wary about. But my God, they REALLY seem to be making up for it with Siege. I probably won't succeed in getting the whole line but if I can just get some of the new ones like Flywheels and Brunt, well, I'll be a happy man indeed.

EDIT:
    THE ARMOR CRAP IS REMOVABLE AND SHOCKWAVE IS PERFECT OH MY GOD. I TAKE BACK EVERYTHING I SAID.

EDIT 2:
    Soundwave was the lamp post guy, and we already got one with wheels. However, him having a flying mode makes more sense given he's flying around as a tape deck in the original cartoon. Plus, it's a change from him being a flying stealth aircraft.

Given the tetrajets were never intended to become physical transforming figures, the fact they managed to compress Starscream that much is impressive.

If you want something more streamlined, there's always the Cybertron Starscream mold which is based on the tetrajet, or the FoC Starscream which is a pointier version of a tetrajet. But a truly accurate G1 tetrajet in any form like this hasn't been done before and it's obvious they focused on the robot mode to give people a voyager seeker at long last - and the Tetrajet since we just got a Voyager F-14 esque Starscream (which isn't nearly as good looking in comparison to Siege Starscream) is a good touch given the pre-earth theme.

You've clearly never seen the original Flywheels.
    [​IMG]

The Duocons originally didn't have their vehicle modes be entirely separate robots, the entire gimmick was they were two different vehicles combined into one robot. But they were produced very cheaply too. Siege Flywheels is basically everything the original TRIED to be and failed because of late 1980s engineering not being able to do it for an affordable price.

Starscream's null lasers have been on his shoulders for YEARS. Even the Masterpiece puts them there.
    [​IMG]

The classics seekers have been doing it since 2006
    [​IMG]

And then if we look at the original animation model, they're mounted just below the shoulders.
    [​IMG]

So it isn't like the guns are distinctly located far from where they traditionally are mounted as has been the case for over thirty decades. They aren't typically forearm mounted like you seem to believe, as is the case with more recent derivative designs like Animated and Prime Starscream, or even BB film Blitzwing.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2018
    • Like Like x 22
  2. Warzonebeta

Warzonebeta The Faceless Minion

For those wondering Soundwaves alt mode is a downscaled version of the Energon hauler level from Fall Of Cybertron, sans the ground transport form...
    and blue!

• Like Like x 4
  3. Sy-Rein

Sy-Rein Rogue Stunticon

News Credits:
    Basic mode of Shockwave looks great! (I've be leaving all his extra pieces in the box)

Soundwave looks good. Might finally pick up a Soundwave to replace the WFC deluxe I've been using as a place holder.

Flywheels will look great with Battletrap. Not too fussed that he only has the one robot mode. Honestly prefer it anyway.

Omega Supreme! This is one I've been waiting for. Will definitely be picking this up.

Starscream looks good. I'll wait for the Thundercracker repaint but will definitely pick that up when it comes out.

The other figures look good to me. Some great additions to the line, I'm sure a bunch of people will be happy to give Trypticon his buddy, Brunt. But I wont be picking up any of the other figures since I already have good examples of them in my collection.

• Like Like x 3
  4. peteynorth

peteynorth TFW2005 Supporter

Overall, all bot modes look great, but the alt modes range from good to terrible.

Love Megatron – bot mode is pretty much perfect (not a fan of the battle damage marks, but minor issue), bodybuilder frame, great articulation, fusion cannon, big ass sword, and all fully integrated in tank mode. Tank mode is very good, all things considered. Meant to be Cybertronian vehicle, but like with Prime it’s close enough to Earth mode for me (far more Earthy than the ‘Earth’ modes of Armada). That said, not liking the open rear and the feet sticking up is bad, but ultimately, this is by far the best G1-ish Voyager Megatron we’ve ever gotten.

Shockwave – not bad, but not going to buy it. My budget is such that it really has to be great, especially a leader, for me to buy, and it’s just not great. My question is, and it’s likely been asked and answered already, but does the stand-alone voyager toy transform into anything by itself? I’ve seen the combined alt mode, the combined robot mode, and the naked robot mode, but no naked alt mode. Either way, probably just going to stick with my Energon Shockblast.

Soundwave – great robot, an utter mystery as to the alt mode. Yes, I get it’s a Cybertronian mode, but it should still look like some functional vehicle or structure or something. But this thing is just a headscratcher. It’s great that you can stick his minions in his chest, but I’m still not going to buy it. I guess the question of whether the Ravage that came with Classics Hound can interact with this Soundwave will have to go unanswered.

Starscream – again, great robot mode, but can’t stand the vehicle mode. It’s a Battlestar Galactica fighter glued to the top of a brick. The Cybertron version was a far better vehicle, and robot mode was pretty damn good too. Pass.

Brunt – Looks pretty good, better than the Autobot version (Sixgun or whoever). Might get him, but with deluxes getting close to $20, probably not.

Reflector – Neat, but no, not getting, and certainly not getting three.

Smaller guys – probably not getting any.

Overall I’m impressed with this line, the gimmick (which as far as I can tell is having lots of holes to plug stuff into) doesn’t handicap the other aspects of the toy like the Armadaverse gimmicks or that Headmaster nonsense did, the characters are who we want and at the sizes they’re supposed to be (yeah, everyone bitches that it’s always G1 guys getting the focus, but until now Hasbro has insisted on dicking around with the sizes – deluxe Seekers/Triplechangers/Galvatron/etc – this is the first time they are actually sticking to the right size for the right characters). Granted, I’d prefer Earth alt modes (modern) and that they lose the battle damage (we all have access to pencils, if we want that shit we’ll scuff up the toys ourselves), but I’m really liking these Siege figures. That said, of the Decepticons, I think I’m only going to buy Megatron. Sorry, but the alt modes are just meh.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II The Pristine

News Credits:
    "Hahaha Spiderman! This time I'll finish what my father started!"

• Like Like x 13
  6. Markatron

Markatron MarKreations Studios

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    So when will we be getting images of Studio Series and MPM?

• Like Like x 1
  7. Prime135

Prime135 Cyber Planet Key holder for "This Land"

News Credits:
    They literally took his gun mode, flipped it upside down, and made it into a “spaceship”...hasbro I love you lol

Also submarine forever :buttrock 

• Like Like x 12
  8. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP AKA Beve Stuscemi

News Credits:
    Nah, it's a submarine.

• Like Like x 9
  9. IgnikaMarcus

IgnikaMarcus DON'T TRUST THE RENDERS!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I want the Air Strike Micromasters remolded into the Star Saber and Energon Saber.

• Like Like x 3
  10. Cykill 1

Cykill 1 Well-Known Member

Did someone play with some of these toys in the dirt?  I would have to look at them in person to see if I like that affect.  I like a lot of these figures otherwise.  When is the release dates on these?

• Like Like x 2
  11. ACMagnus

ACMagnus Take Your Heart!

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Not gonna lie, i'd pay extra for a toy colored Reflector box set.

• Like Like x 4
  12. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout Crazy like the Fox

I want this to become a running joke so hard that eventually we get legit submarines for all the dudes who used to become Guns.

And then we get Arpeggio of Blue Steel style naval combat which is basically missile and beam spam galore - BUT WITH SUBMARINES!

• Like Like x 4
  13. Chaos Prime

Chaos Prime Combaticon

My wife is going to kill me...

• Like Like x 16
  14. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    It is for me.
    Honestly, all the other stuff will likely stay in the box.

• Like Like x 5
  15. DOTM Bumblebee

DOTM Bumblebee I must be some kind of nut...

Well this changes things for me. I was content to just hunt down the older classics figures for these guys and only get Shockwave. Now him and Soundwave + cassettes are must haves, and Flywheels, Brunt, and Reflector also pique my interest. I'm almost certainly getting Ironhide and the rumored Ratchet now, too. Optimus Prime and Megatron look good, but I'd be just as happy tracking down the Japanese releases of the Classics figures.

• Like Like x 1
  16. DutyBeforeAll

DutyBeforeAll Well-Known Member

Because that’s how he’s supposed to look?

74DFB67B-602B-4E61-A052-51177B9CFFE5.jpeg 53586579-A284-419B-A508-5CB6C355C88B.jpeg 53E3B00A-3056-425F-90B7-AA7F01B14ABD.jpeg

And Flywheels is so much better than battletrap, looks like you can actually touch him without him exploding into a floppy mess.

• Like Like x 9
  17. MrSoundmeister

MrSoundmeister Bang,Bang Boom!

-Cue the "IN SPACE!"-

Also.​

I have a hunch someone is going to plan to Army build the Fall of Cybertron Shockwave toys to make a fleet. With THIS bad boy as the flagship.

• Like Like x 4
  18. James Sutterlin

James Sutterlin Well-Known Member

Facebook:
    I like them alot. With the Exception of Starscream. I just feel he didn\'t get the attention the others did. Soundwave and Shockwave are looking tight though. Megs looks ok. Didn\'t think I\'d be to into Brickformers, but I like em. 

• Like Like x 1
  19. Dinobot Snarl

Dinobot Snarl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    What are you smoking, this is the best face sculpt since CW

DSC04680.jpg

• Like Like x 10
  20. firmpulse

firmpulse milliradian practitioner

I don't understand why in the world they didn't even bother trying to integrate the legs AT ALL into the alt mode transformation. I'd love a really great tetrajet. But this just makes me scratch my head.

• Like Like x 2