NYCC 2018 - Transformers Siege Figures - On Display High Res Images

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Kickback, Oct 4, 2018.

1. Novaburnhilde

Novaburnhilde Lord High Governor

News Credits:
    Gawd, these Decepticons look amazing.

• Like Like x 2
  2. GrimLocke

GrimLocke Cultus Volcanicus

News Credits:
    The funny thing is that Soundwave has that bonus, spindly rifle that looks a but like a Mini Megs, or just something similar and perhaps with a silencer and an iron sight in the front.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Dinobot Nuva

Dinobot Nuva Johnny 3 Tears Veteran

News Credits:
    Shockwave- Sold and can move the Cyber Battalion Shockwave off the shelf for now, think I'll still hang on to that figure due to its charm though.

Megatron/Starscream- Looks good, but I just don't need another Megatron/Starscream right now, I may be in the minority but I still like my Classics Megatron and Universe 25th Screamer. The artwork teases the leaked Thundercracker listing too, but I'll probably stick with the Generations Classics repaint.

Soundwave- Really surprised to see him if he's really a final wave figure, but good to get in on the Soundwave hype from the Bee trailer! I'm in for one, and will be putting the TR Titan Master on a separate shelf as a separate character, and put the rest of the bot into stereo/dock mode.

Refractor- I'm in for three, I like that you have the option for the stomach iris if you want.

Brunt- Oh lawdi, best surprise of this show outside of Baby Dinos. So happy to see him getting some love too!

Flywheels- Warden using the name "Flytrap" in the livestream TFU did and confirming it is compatible with the Battletrap pairing from POTP is a nice touch. I get why he's not got two bot modes to keep parts count down to fit the release as a regular deluxe. I hope to see more figures using this joint soon (Multiforce, Energon combiners?)

Air Strike Patrol- Yes yes yes! I had broken Whisper and Stormcloud hand me downs as a kid, and didn't get the other until later. I love the Armada looking Star Saber combo.

Spy Patrol- Pass on these guys, don't need another Laserbeak/Ravage. The pairing makes sense though, and its nice to see the G1 pilot Laserbeak visor head. Hope to see these sculpts reused as characters we haven't got in Generations yet like Garboil and Glit. Maybe we'll still get Minispies someday?

Battlemasters- I feel like there's another one or two buried in the diorama, but I can't tell. I know one of them is the Blowpipe we got an on card look at earlier.

Not many mystery figures left to reveal in Siege! We're running out of slots fast now.

• Like Like x 1
  4. RKillian

RKillian http://www.rktoyandhobby.com

News Credits:
    Having said that, most of this looks like I will be importing (already preordered most of Takara's first wave). It won't displace Classics though. I just can't fathom why Generations passed over so many important characters in the first place.

• Like Like x 2
  5. ar78

ar78 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think there will be a huge aftermarket for de-weathering Siege figures.

Oh the whole, the weathering/battle damage looks horrendous. Especially on Soundwave.

Shockwave didn't need to be a Leader Evolution figure. Hasbro just wants to suck extra cash out of the fanbase on that one. Considering he's going to be $50 for a voyager with extra parts, I'm calling it a huge ripoff. Ultra Magnus isn't even close to the old leader scale, he's almost a big Voyager.

It is hard to judge the full scale in the photos, but it looks like Transformers have shrunk again.

In some ways this line is what I wish Transformers was over the past six years. But, it still feels compromised in some ways and based on the pricing, WAY TOO EXPENSIVE.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Jakedc1997

Jakedc1997 Well-Known Member

Not big on the greeblage om screamer. But that megatron is gonna be an instabuy. 

• Like Like x 1
  7. Paxtin

Paxtin ...

Oops...My bad...Dyslexia's a bitch sometimes.

• Like Like x 1
  8. C16

C16 Space Nomad

News Credits:
    We've seen it.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  9. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Better than CW Megatron's headsculpt. That one had an oddly long upper lip area with a sculpted filtrum, which looked strange and vaguely simian.

• Like Like x 3
  10. GAUGE

GAUGE Wargod ARTS

News Credits:
    As it's been stated many many times through the years.

"The figures are getting smaller and smaller while the prices get higher and higher".

Not sure why this continues to be such a shock to people.

• Like Like x 1
  11. lambi

lambi Well-Known Member

rather impressive

• Like Like x 1
  12. Blam320

Blam320 Assembly Inventor

News Credits:
    Unarmored alt-mode. So what the robot transforms into without all of the extra kibble bits attached to form the space cruiser.

• Like Like x 1
  13. C16

C16 Space Nomad

News Credits:
    He's standing on it!

• Like Like x 1
  14. GAUGE

GAUGE Wargod ARTS

News Credits:
    He has his traditional Space Gun mode. It's placed Upside down as part of his Space Battle Cruiser Mode.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh Mostly Harmless

News Credits:
    he has some pegholes on his back kibble so I imagine you can just plug something here, like his other cannon (the thinner one that forms the center of his sword, which btw looks like it also separates into 2 smaller swords)

• Like Like x 1
  16. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid Gnodab Kidult (He/Him)

News Credits:
    The undercarriage on that Tetrajet....woof.

Skytread looks great.

• Like Like x 2
  17. levyshahar

levyshahar Nemesis Wheelie

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Ok, so far on my list:

1. Flywheels, because Misfire needs his crew
    2. Shockwave, if he’s indeed voyager (need to get rid of that stupid cyber battalion now)
    3. Sideswipe, because I hate the old mold he has
    4. Soundwave, might push old G1 out of my display :( 
    5. Cog? Why not

Probably won’t replace my Megatron (Hegemon), Optimus (Orion) or Starscream (iGear raptor) with the new offerings, but happy for other collectors!

• Like Like x 1
  18. Blam320

Blam320 Assembly Inventor

News Credits:
    I know we got the "circles drawn on picture" outline of what it is, but that doesn't change that we still haven't actually seen it. It's bought regardless, but I would like pictures of the laser-pistol mode by itself.

Shockwave's core robot is indeed a Voyager. The extra bits push his price to the Leader point.

• Like Like x 1
  19. iacon45

iacon45 Missing: One Custom Title

News Credits:
    Design wise, I'm loving some of these guys. Only one that Im not feeling is Starscream. (Might he the kibble in his jet mode) But I am absolutely thrilled to see a new Reflector and I will definitely consider getting three to have the "complete" Reflector. Also looking forward to Flywheels. Soundwave design wise is amazing BUT....

...the weathered look on some of these figures is actually turning me off. I can kind of forgive it on Megatron because in some light, it kind of looks like Cosmic Rust and I dig that. But Soundwave, they really went overboard on to the point, even though the design looks good, the excessive weathering just kills it for me. I really hope there is a possibility going forward we might see these guys without the extra weathering or possibly dial it back alot. Especially on Soundwave.

• Like Like x 2
  20. slochmoeller

slochmoeller Well-Known Member

Altmode aside, I am a sucker for any Soundwave that has tapes/chest minions.

• Like Like x 1