NYCC 2018 Flame Toys TFs Display

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Sol Fury, Oct 5, 2018.

1. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    Definitely 2 different shades of yellow between Bee and his coptor bits.

Is that deliberate?

• Like Like x 2
  2. Digger

Digger Banned

News Credits:
    Probably. Possibly.

• Like Like x 1
  3. FruitBuyer

FruitBuyer Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Damn it Flame Toys, please send out the Tarns!

• Like Like x 1
  4. Alienmorph

Alienmorph Well-Known Member

Do like the BB model kit, but it bugs the heck out of me that he's as big as Prime, even without all the helicopter kibble stuff. I can understand that in a normal toyline, but in a collector-grade model kit series, not so much.

If it's just a matter of staying in the same price range, they could have made him a 2-pack with another small Autobot, or have him come with something like a turrett or stuff like that. As it is, I'm gonna have to pass on it, even tho I've already pre-ordered anime-y Prime and Starscream.

Oh well... more money for the IDW-style kits.

• Like Like x 1
  5. UltraPrimal

UltraPrimal YouTuber (she/they)‍️‍

News Credits:
    Has MMC done a SG repaint of their Drift mold? Mmmm... Because if not, they should get on that. :drool: 

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  6. Wolfdawg

Wolfdawg Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Pardon my ignorance, but these are all model kits? Meaning I'd have to paint and put them together?

Just asking, because these look freaking amazing. Unfortunately, my painting skills suck, so I don't know if it'd even worth looking into these if I do, in fact, have to paint them.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Cax6ton

Cax6ton Insufferable Smartass

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    Pinterest:
    Drift, Tarn, and Star Saber/Victory Leo are not. Anything with "Furai" in the name is a kit. The plastic parts are the colors they need to be, and they have stickers, so you don't have to paint them if you don't want to.

• Like Like x 3
  8. Thundermania

Thundermania Banned

So that Star Saber. Anyone else imagine him sounding like Imperious from Diablo?

• Like Like x 1
  9. Wolfdawg

Wolfdawg Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Good to know, thanks. I may end up getting Nemesis Prime and pre ordering Starscream.

Are these sold in stores, or is Robot Kingdom the best way to go?

Thanks again!

• Like Like x 2
  10. Robert Snoke

Robert Snoke Gundam Astraea hangar

so you want them having classic Go Nagai super robots aesthetic? or Evangelions?

• Like Like x 1
  11. Cax6ton

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    Pinterest:
    Depends on where you live, they have an official storefront at http://www.d4toys.com/index.php?route=product/category&path=427 BBTS and TFSource also carry them, ChosenPrime probably does too.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Paxtin

Paxtin ...

If the original action master is anything to go by, it very well may be:

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  13. calubin175

calubin175 Well-Known Member

I am surprised that the Furai line isn't cancelled yet. Maybe that is why they are releasing IDW Prime before Anemiya Bumblebee to confirm which style is better received.

I personally want as many IDW kits as possible. Bring on IDW F-22 Starscream, IDW Rodimus but I can't think of any more IDW guys who could get the treatment. Most IDW designs aren't iconic enough, as in they don't appear in multiple covers.

Perhaps a downsized model kit Drift would be great too, just like how the Sentinel Mazinkaiser was downsized into a Moderoid model kit.

Flame Toys Drift is priced and engineered the same as Mazinkaiser, while the Moderoid kits and Flame Toys kits have a similar approach.

I guess the kits are a budget alternative for those who don't want to spend 30k yen on a 20cm tall toy.

We are living in a world where there are two options. Likewise with Soul of Chogokin vs Super Mini-pla, and Gundam Metal Build vs RG Gunpla.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Hadlen_Weltall

Hadlen_Weltall The original Mad Genius Gunpla and Cow Master

News Credits:
    The "Furai" figures, aka those Obari-esque figures with the dynamic proportions: long angled joints, and protruding pelvises.

• Like Like x 1
  15. GrimLocke

GrimLocke Cultus Volcanicus

News Credits:
    I find it funny that the second case with Tarn, Drift, Autobot Megs, bigger kit Prime, and Starscream looks way better than the display with Saber, Leo, smaller Prime, Nemesis Primpram, and Bumblemerry Poppins. Particularly, Nemesis and Saber look like they are trying to hide their chins, which is a bad sign.

Granted, I’m probably only gunna get the SD Soundwave, and would consider an SD Grimsy ‘cause, alas, I should’ve bought Hero Hobby’s Tiny Rex when that was available. Still, there’s a chance MasterMade could also make SD Dinobots. And, it’s also possible that some 3P company attempts a slightly more accurate ‘Bot Megs than MMC’s Tyrantron.

Macross is also limping along, but I stalled a few episodes into Frontier, so... I dunno how that’s doing.

Otherwise, Go Nagai’s oeuvre and Eva are still in hibernation, excepting that Devilman did receive a solid revival on Netflix. And, I enjoyed Gatchaman Crowds and Kill La Kill, but that’s more on the (Bio)Powered Armor side of things.

But, Gridman has returned! Though... we’ll see if it’s significantly better than Darling in the Franxx, which had its moments but was mostly messed up, yet still not as terrible as some other things in the last few years that should remain nameless.

Oh, and there’s the Digimon OVAs, which I saw the first three—maybe, & JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure is back on air, but now I’m really reaching! :p 

16. Johntimus Prime

Johntimus Prime Where's my perfect Legends-scale Ultra Magnus?

News Credits:
    Well, the Furai Prime popped into my POL, SS probably coming next week. So far those and Nemmy are my only planned purchases. Zero interest in most IDW stuff so those are a pass, but I'd like it if they did more evergreen style stuff like said Prime.

17. Thundermania

Thundermania Banned

I'm probably gonna put the money down on Star Saber, always liked his "archangel" design that ditches the gundam aesthetic of his original body.

18. Kenchanayoh

Kenchanayoh Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That Drift is extremely pricey. Did anyone ever make a KO of it?

19. liquidroyl

liquidroyl Well-Known Member

Why’d you expect the Furai line to be cancelled? Drift got great reviews and appears to be hard to track down at the original retail price now, and I haven’t seen anyone reselling the Preorder version...

20. Cax6ton

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    Pinterest:
    Furai is model kits, Kuro Kara Kuri is the line Drift is part of, but yeah I don't think they would cancel a line when the first figure is just now getting released. They're committed to at least Prime and Starscream.

That being said, Flame Toys really needs to do a better job of differentiating between the two lines. Maybe it's better understood overseas.