NYCC 2016 - Official Titans Return Transformers Images

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Kickback, Oct 6, 2016.

1. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    Yeah, this for me, in pretty much all cases.

2. prfctcellrulz

prfctcellrulz Pokémon Trainer/WWE Champion

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    Is there still a chance we may see Leader-Class Overlord revealed this weekend?

3. Deadend

Deadend Spark of Creation

News Credits:
    Possibly. There's still two-three more days of hype they need to keep fans wide-eyed about and talking.

4. Fort Max

Fort Max Too many is never enough. Veteran

News Credits:
    I think toy fair is more likely.

5. Deadend

News Credits:
    Does make the most sense to show him off along with Sky Shadow and their titan masters then. Though I could see them teasing with only the bot mode out there on saturday or sunday to build hype for the full Toy Fair reveal too of all his modes and features. The NYCC presentation really did seem kind of like a more laid back fan interaction and discussion than really a full hype building and reveals thing. Seemed extremely casual and relaxed.

The more I look at Sky Shadow, the more I'm wondering if maybe a massive retool might still give us Starsaber too. Kind of a Ultra Magnus to PMOP kind of massive overhaul retooling. The way they're implementing the head points via almost brainmaster type head casings makes me lean thinking that's what they plan on doing. Wondering if they really would try to push 5 molds out of it or not. Though the massive retooling on the tank for the autobot variations like MetalHawk and Starsaber plus whatever jet retooling they do for Starsaber, maybe it would still turn out pretty awesome.

I could see them doing that though to keep costs within reason and still provide other amazing figures though. Loving this direction of Hasbro overall. So many great figures from Generations, Combiner wars, now Titans return. Gotta say I have a ton of faith in the stuff Hasbro is doing for transformers.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2016
    • Like Like x 2
  6. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    No way for Overlord. They're not going to show two uses of the same Leader mold at the same time.

• Like Like x 1
  7. bumblebeej8

bumblebeej8 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    They've done it with the two leader Megatrons.

And man that Broadside is a bunch of disappointment. If that jet mode didn't suck, then I might've considered it. But even then I'm not all that interested in the robot mode.

I also really like the Deluxes they showed today. I know I'll be getting Doublecross/Twinferno, Triggerhappy, -and Perceptor.

8. YoungPrime

YoungPrime DJD VET

News Credits:
    Is Flywheels still a possibility? Hell I'll take him in that mold and "The Fallen" as well.

Brawn looks great BTW.... Is that shield on his hand detachable?

9. Dachande

Dachande Janitor. Moderator TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Yeah, but the Megatrons were in the same assortment. Overlord will probably be a wave behind Skyshadow.

10. bumblebeej8

bumblebeej8 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah that's true

11. Driftx3

Driftx3 lord of all things robot

News Credits:
    So who is the blue prototype guy?

12. Deadend

News Credits:
    Oooh. Those would be interesting too. Though Flywheels has a more standard jet mode. The Fallen would definitely be an interesting one with the two titan master approach!
    I keep thinking eventually we'll see Flywheels from the previous Blitzwing mold. Like they did Battletrap with Springer's. But that was a botcon exclusive. So maybe Hascon?

Would love to see some deluxe releases for them both! But that seems like a later on thing. Might be why we're seeing Combiner Force over in RID right now, to test engineering ideas for that later in the deluxe scale for them. Or maybe they can get a Starscream out of it afterall, and have the tank be silver like remnants of a tank Megatron. That way they can get two mold uses out of that kind of retool. Be kind of funny if that's one of the Broadside remolds. Continue on the joke of his altmodes don't really have an emphasis on wheels.

I think so. It seems like it works like Generations Trailbreaker's truck top shield.

One of the Six clan. Greatshot I think. The remold for Sixshot.

13. Mecheon

Mecheon Grumpy Dinosaur Nerd

Honestly I reckon we're not going to see Overlord until next year. The stuff for the later days is probably going to be movie related

14. Skottech

Skottech Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I for one would love it if Flywheels would be a recolor/retool of black Shadow

And this is why I haven't bought many of the Titans return figures. I find myself waiting to see who they make next (I'm one who don't generally buy more than one mold, save for heavy retools)

of the figures shown in official images here the stand outs are Brawn (Brawn in Brawn Brawnception FTW) & black shadow (but I need to see who he gets retooled as before buying) if he does get flywheels then I'm buying titanmaster Skytread to go with it.

• Like Like x 1
  15. battery1979

battery1979 Combiner

Is Broadside going to be stuck with the stupid tiny planes, or will those be removeable?

16. Toonstrack

Toonstrack #BringBackBoxBios

I\'ve been waiting for a new Perceptor for a LONG time.  I will be buying him swiftly.  Brawn also looks fanatstic.  My Autobot army will be getting larger!  Now give me Shockwave!!

17. artiepants

artiepants Transformers '84!!!

News Credits:
    if you look at the preview night pix, you can see the 5 mini aerielbots come on a separate sprue, they aren't attached to him.

18. battery1979

battery1979 Combiner

You are correct, thanks for pointing that pic out to me. Honestly, they'll probably get lost anyway.

19. Deadend

News Credits:
    I'm kind of wondering now if Perceptor will get retooled into Reflector. The microscope tank wouldn't be hard to retool into a camera(and plus removing the shoulder cannon), and the chest piece is only one minor tooling away from Reflector too.

20. MartyFeeb

MartyFeeb Wait... it's a bug?!

News Credits:
    Oh, I get the strategy... but it's too much like selling antacid-shaped mints at a buffalo wing convention.

Plus, it's NOT about willpower to me - it's about protocol. Like getting ice cream before dinner. Especially relevant when said ice cream comes MONTHS before the actual dinner.

I know... eat the ice cream now or I may get too full to eat it later! BRILLIANT HASBRO! But I'd rather eat the meal first, and wait on the ice cream. And I like Sentinel Prime a LOT. A LOT. I still wish Astrotrain came first. I'd still buy both. But I still wanted Astro first. Hasbro may think we can't wait on toys... but aren't they seriously underestimated the consumerism? I think a lot of folks will buy both. A LOT. Regardless of which recolor you release first.