NYCC 2016 - Official Titans Return Transformers Images

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Kickback, Oct 6, 2016.

1. artiepants

artiepants Transformers '84!!!

News Credits:
    I dunno, at least the Cybertronian Hot Shot repain had the big shoulder pads - aside from his head this version has zero correct physical details.

2. Max Tower

Max Tower Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Re-tools are not always literally a re-tool of the existing mould - that seems to be when a change is made to the mould that exists on all subsequent versions - or other pieces are included in the mould for later use - like a alternative head or weapons.

I have found this kind of interesting over the years like when the made some small changes to the Terrorsaur Transmetal mould over time yet the spark crystal appeared for the Dinobots subllne and then disappeared again for Armada. suggesting the use of different moulds.

Also our old Friend Aaron Archer specifically stated at the time that Armada Skywarp was a whole new mould that was just a variation of the Starscream mould.

So it appears that what is happening here is that to save development costs in terms of design time and engineering development time they use some of the Transformation schemes and CAD files for some parts then make a whole new mould - that is why we are starting to see "reskinning" of parts too that are otherwise identical - it is also obviously exemplified in the Chromedome situation where someone seems to have started not with a blank page but with a Combiner Wars design then altered it as appropriate.

This may have been happening for years in some respects - just we didn't notice - a case in point is rocket pods - ever noticed how many Transformers have exactly the same mortar/rocket pods on them - they are so often the same design - I think there is a pre-shaped part on their computer they just drag and drop and they've been doing it for years.

Anyway - I hope we still get a Dlx Fangry from Twinferno and perhaps a Horribull from Skullsmasher.
    Not to mention Missfire and Slugslinger.

In terms of story though a Dlx Cyclonus would be nice too - now Galvatron is out of his chest.

I get a bit irked when we get partial sets - it happens far to often for my taste. It's likely to happen with Slapdash being missing as well I expect. there is going to be so many partial sets it's going to be hard to keep track of who is missing.

• Like Like x 2
  3. shadowfall1976

shadowfall1976 The Alpha and the Optimus

I know what was changed, just not seeing anything that needed fixing. The lens tube can probably be swung to either side like the G1 toy.

4. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    I had to actually go to TFWiki to see which Perceptor had white thighs, and it's the IDW version. AKA, the absolute most boring version of the character.

• Like Like x 1
  5. shadowfall1976

I had to look myself, and yeah, I'll take the G1 based character and his colors. I'll need to find a G1 gun for him though, forget the rifle he comes with. He needs to have his Red gun for my display.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2016
  6. shadowfall1976

The non G1 rifle aside, I love that Perceptor has the two G1 alt modes.

7. Matty

Matty @StayingInTheBox Veteran

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Perceptor looks like a real winner. Very cool!

8. Chronix

Chronix Well-Known Member

FTFY

• Like Like x 1
  9. battery1979

battery1979 Combiner

I like scary Perceptor.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Dachande

Dachande MULTI-QUOTE- USE IT. Super Mod

News Credits:
    If Preceptor would have been pure IDW I'd have no interest. As it is, I really like the design and find myself looking forward to it.

11. Lady Slipstream

Lady Slipstream Hi.

News Credits:
    Sunbow Perceptor > IDW Perceptor

Deal With it.

I use glasses.

So your point is invalid LOL

• Like Like x 2
  12. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II Banned

News Credits:
    Ditto on the partial sets. CW has been really great on this (because it was only logical and even then only Takara really gave us the complete teams) TR seems to be slipping up in this respect but we'll see: if rumours are correct we may get all Decepticons Targetmasters except Cyclonus (wich i would be ok with but it wouldnt really be right) but only half of the Autobot Targetmasters. I suspect there are several characters who are getting toys in TR (like Getaway) because of IDW wich could mean he is the only Autobot Powermaster to get a TR toy and we will see the whole team getting more appropriate updates in some future subline (wich may not be a bad thing).
    But like i said: i agree i prefer Habro to update the complete teams and not do things haphazerdly. If they want a character who is big in IDW to get a toy then give the characters that where a subgroup he was in in G1 toys in that generation subline too.

13. DesertDog

DesertDog Gone Fission’.

News Credits:
    In the Alberta Rockies on my Triumph Tiger 800XC
    Very excited for Perceptor, it'll be fun to put Hasbro Cerebros' head on him for his G1 toy head.

Twinferno's Battle Beasts homage is awesome, I love him even more now. I hope we're getting all three Monsterbots.

It would be great if Brawns head flipped over and had a Titan Master socket on the other side so that we could use his Titan Master head. I doubt it but I want him anyway. I'll happily take an Outback from this as well.

I'll pass on Blackshadow in favour of Overlord. Thunderwing will definitely tempt me though.

14. Louise Belcher

Louise Belcher Autobot loves Android

News Credits:
    Sculpt wise, I have to completely disagree these are one the most beautifully detailed transfomers ever made. The attention for details is insane! However about the quailty issue, I have to agree. Unfortunately you can see the diminution of quality in all toys these days, especially fashion dolls (damn you Mattel and your monopoly on girl toys!). I admit that my beloved new titans return Blurr won't survive for long in a hands of child, heck mine even already have stress mark! Even with those issues which we still need to not ignore them or deny them and demand better quailty and paint for our toys, Titans Return is one of the best toys for your buck in these days. I try to support and invest my money in the better toys from the currnet lame range in the playlne toy market, hoping it will lead slowely but steady to the rise and restoration of good quailty like in the 80's - early 2000's. For exmple I won't buy a transformer with hollow legs that have no decent cover to make it look neat and be stable.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2016
  15. Max Tower

Max Tower Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I wonder if a simple accessory is practical for Blackshadow like a tiny Titanmaster vehicle sized black shuttle craft that can fit on the nose instead of the gun-seat - maybe with a robot mode and gun mode. and an alternative storage spot on the back of the vehicle.

That would really bulk up the Pretender homage (wouldn't be so different from The latest Titanmasters mini sets) and would also give him something to work with the base mode - the "scout jet" Overlord has and also luckily give you a second Titanmaster too.

They could even give the head a different look too - OK so they'd have to "make up" a new character or call it Gigatron of some such - but I think it would benefit the toy a great deal and also would offer 2 potential repaints too.

You'd get some idea of what I am on about by imagining the Apeface mini-vehicle sitting under that nose instead of the gun-seat part.

If that doesn't happen some wings for the gun pod would help too.

16. IronMagnus

IronMagnus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Getting a bit OT here but...

You know.. all this talk about how it's great to have all three decepticon triple changers in the same size class in the same line... but then how disappointing some of the modes are. It made me take my Deluxe Generations Astrotrain and Tankor/Octane off the shelf and really fall in love with them all over again. Every mode is great - about as perfect as you can be with the limited resources of a deluxe figure. They're respectful of the original modes while updating them as needed.

I mean, not every figure needs to be a super sexy sci-fi space jet or whatever. These are "robots in disguise", not "robots with alternative battle modes". I think it's awesome that Deluxe Generations Tankor/Octane's plane mode is a boring prop powered cargo plane instead of yet another jet fighter. Astrotrain is just a person carrying bullet train instead of a space train gunship.

What I would really love is for a KO company to DOWNSIZE Voyager Generations Blitzwing to deluxe, give it a smaller single-face head so that the nosecone transformation works well, build in the shoulder issue fix, and release that.

To me, that would finally complete my decepticon triple changers set.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2016
    • Like Like x 2
  17. 80sforged

80sforged Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah, a deluxe Blitzwing would have been great. I am getting just the TT versions when they release. For my problems with Astrotrain as a headmaster, I love the deco TT did for him and hope TT gives similar attention to Octane at least for the TT side. Hasbro is going to have Chigurgh and Stratotanker to go with Voyager Blitzwing. I picture him as having a bit of a complex, hence why his barrel is on his back, to make him look taller.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II Banned

News Credits:
    Classics Astrotrain is still a great toy and proof that good toys of the triplechangers
    can be made at the deluxe size.
    I am affraid i dont feel the same about Octane.
    But i always felt the triple changers fit in better with characters they are often associated with in the 80's fiction at the deluxe class toywise.
    I still hope someone will make high quality downsized ko's of the thrilling 30's and TR triple changers someday, cause i do like their design.

19. IronMagnus

IronMagnus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'll probably only get TR Blitzwing and focus on having a Blitzwing collection instead of a set of decepticon triple changers. I already have G1, Generations, and Iron Factory. From the look of the Megatron version, at it seems to be the only mold that is faithful to the character.

20. Starfire22

Starfire22 :D

News Credits:
    How nice. Overriding someone's opinion.