NYCC 2016 – Hasbro Preview Night – Transformers RID

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Matty, Oct 5, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cykill 1

Cykill 1 Well-Known Member

Don\'t two of the small combiner figs, when combined look a lot like Minerva to you?

2. atomD21

atomD21 Not made of sterner stuff...

Not bad! Bludgeon and Stormshot look great, and the Drift redeco is nice. Not too sure about the Combiner Force thing...

3. Porkulus

Porkulus Too Many Hobbies

YouTube (Legacy):
    Stormshot seems to have an altmode and paint scheme inspired by the Russian Knights aerobatics team:

[​IMG]

4. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid Gnodab Kidult (He/Him)

News Credits:
    I'm hoping Combiner Force turns into at *least* one wave of combining Warriors.

5. T-Hybrid

News Credits:
    TFWIKI now reporting "Bludgeon" is in reality "Blastwave". Hence the colors and Autobot logo.

Assume the Bludgeon repaint will be another TRU exclusive like Paralon or Starscream...

Transformers Wiki on Twitter

6. Starscream 91

Starscream 91 Mech With A Mouth

News Credits:
    Neat!

7. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    Hmm that explains some things. I'm guessing that means we'll see a true Bludgeon version of the mold later on.

8. Deadend

Deadend Spark of Creation

News Credits:
    Sweet! I still hope we get more on Drift's backstory though! It kind of seems fitting to have Blastwave and Bludgeon as part of his personal history. Though I'm kind of wondering if maybe BlastWave is bludgeon, and he takes the new name when he goes to the decepticon's side. The tank mode does seem awfully cybertronian like, and makes me think 'flashback' more than anything.

9. TCJJ

TCJJ 125% Tank Engine

News Credits:
    Not really digging most of this. I like Stormshot. Blastwave is decent enough but despite all the new parts, I can\'t help finding him too much like Megatronus, especially in vehicle mode.

The Combiner Force figures just look... eh. Very, very basic. They\'re Scout-size which I suppose could be good but they don\'t look particularly good. To be fair, I felt like that about a lot of RID toys until I got them, but despite liking most of them, they\'re still quite basic, and these look like the epitome of that.

As for the other RID toys... I don\'t get the point of making so many different versions of the same characters. I could be wrong but that doesn\'t seem to make them sell better. In fact, it seems to create more shelf-warmers, if anything.

Oh, and Drift? Drift is a lazy repaint. They could have at least used TakaraTomy\'s new head.

10. Deadend

News Credits:
    This. I love that paint scheme, but dammit I want a decently priced version of the 'young' Drift on market! It does seem fitting though if Blastwave becomes Bludgeon later and goes orange. That's what makes me think those two are interconnected since 'old' Drift is Bludgeon orange.

With all these re-dos of the same characters too, you'd think they'd have done a Drift that can have a minicon attach to each arm like the two do in show. Otherwise I love many of the play concepts they're working on, and I expect we'll see those expanded on later. Right now those all seem more directly kid market stuff. Which is great, I mean that is what the show is for. But I'd also love to see some slightly more show aspects included in some Warrior class releases like Drift's skittle color swaps with a newer arm gauntlet attachable minicons.

11. MartyFeeb

MartyFeeb Wait... it's a bug?!

News Credits:
    Medic Drift is interesting... but more of an obligatory purchase for an already cool toy. Still, I don't know why we need a white version... ANY NEW HEAD would make the toy a 1000 times better.

Bludgeon/Blastwave looks decent, but that Megatronus mold is pretty weak - and I bought a few of them to say that, cause I love me some tanks! :D  But I really wish it didn't feel like such a drone canon... :banghead:  Yeah, I hope they also release a properly orange Bludgeon later! :D  We haven't seen one since the poorly distributed (never-released-in-the-USA) TF Prime BH Cyberverse Commander (but at least his title isn't ridiculous? :lol ).

That plane guy looks good... but I hope he doesn't feel too PLayskool in-hand. Cause the plane mode is looking a little kid-basic, no?

The COMBINER FORCE thing is BRILLIANT. My kid will LOVE IT. Looks simple and easy, but kind of fun. Unless those two jets also have a robot mode, they give me a very DUO-CON vibe - which is awesome. I'd love to see more DUO-CONS! :D  :thumb 

12. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II Banned

News Credits:
    Stormshot, Bludgeon and Drift look good, but not really exiting. If i buy one it will probably be Stormshot.
    But those new combiners is EXACTLY how i want them to do the Duocons in the generations line:
    two legends class transforming robots that combine into a roughly Deluxe class robot. That may result in a lower than standard articulation, but it would be awesome to be able to have Duocons where the vehicles can transform too!

13. Feralstorm

Feralstorm Good Morning, Weather Hackers! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Interesting stuff. To me, Stormshot looks like an RID-ized version of Aerobot from the old Playskool GoBots line.

14. combinerlover

combinerlover MONSTRUCTOR's BFF ;)

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Neat . Hope we get a Bludgeon with the GENERATIONS line eventually . I can`t see it with TR , may be next year .

15. Deadend

News Credits:
    Is it just me, or does that jet combiner give off some heavy starsaber/wingsaber designs combined vibes?

16. Novaburnhilde

Novaburnhilde Lord High Governor

News Credits:
    There are some neat figures displayed here, I really dig Stormshot. I like the G1 colored Drift, but I prefer Takara's "Drift Origin", if I had to choose between the two. Blastwave definitely looks cool, I really hope he's repainted / retooled into Bludgeon, which it really looks like he was made to be.

17. AirjitzuRonin

AirjitzuRonin Member of the Bee Team

There is a Mini-Con Cyclone named Bludgeon.

18. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Proud grandpa

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That's fine as long as I get a Bludgeon out of this. :lol 

19. T-Hybrid

News Credits:
    It's sorta clever how they flipped him backwards at the turret. Kinda wish his fists hid though.

20. User_136440

User_136440 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    These look so much fun, both RID and Titans Return. The emphasis is definitely on playability, which is no bad thing, and I guess makes up for the increasing lack of paint.

I like how the Energon style combiners have a combined head that's a mixture of the two components'.

I wonder whether this will be carried over into all of the TLK lines with some kind of line wide gimmick. I think they're learning as they go along just how to make the simplified toys have play value, I just hope though that they still make a line of as accurate as possible looking figures without a line wide gimmick

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.