NYCC 2016 – Hasbro Preview Night – Titans Return

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Matty, Oct 5, 2016.

1. hunternem

hunternem Active Member

Just a question and maybe I get an answer. Hasbro has way more money then any third party out there yet why does it seem that the third party market is doing a better job of it? I mean I look at the Six Shot and see the 1980's toy all over again only with moveable joints. and that will go for 30 bucks. I get that Hasbro might and doesn't condone the third party market but at some point you just got stop and ask? " What are those guys doing that we are not? How are they getting people to shell out 100's when we selling (sometimes) the same thing?\" Sorry I gone off abit there just asking.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    You and me both.

I'm liking most of the new stuff here except I think I prefer RTS Perceptor to this new one.

3. rattrap007

rattrap007 one with the Force TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    If Legends Brawn was a headmaster and you used Titan Master Brawn for the head would that be some sort of Headmaster inception?

Perceptor looks great. So many wants right here. Broadside, the new jet guy, kickback, brawn, doublecross, hot rod, and so on. This line is fantastic.

• Like Like x 2
  4. CyberBlade507

CyberBlade507 Well-Known Member

Definitely getting Perceptor, though I wish he had a monocle. Broadside is almost certainly a buy, too, if only to fill a vacant spot on my Wreckers shelf. Black Shadow has my attention. And I never had any interest in Triggerhappy before now, but I may pick him up as well.

5. Flash1087

Flash1087 Department of False Hope

Ebay:
    NOW WE\'RE TALKIN! I like that Hot Rod more the more I see him, G2 Prime and Broadside are looking sick, Sky Shadow actually exists and that\'s blowing my mind, and look how cute that new Brawn is! Christ, Titans Return has been killing it lately!

• Like Like x 1
  6. gbm

gbm Well-Known Member

Why no jet mode photos for Broadside?

7. Wh33l JcK

Wh33l JcK Well-Known Member

Definitely gettin' dat Perceptor!

• Like Like x 1
  8. gbm

gbm Well-Known Member

Man, Perceptor is near perfection eh?

• Like Like x 1
  9. Florgeysteve

Florgeysteve Well-Known Member

There are a few things i\'m liking here. Just wish the other monsterbots were Deluxes.

10. Transmorph633

Transmorph633 Drifter

News Credits:
    Man my walllet hurts already for the stuff that got released.  Next year is going to be brutal.  Might even get every toy in Titan Returns at this point XD

• Like Like x 2
  11. Rikerwota

Rikerwota Well-Known Member

A microscope Perceptor - Squee! :D 

• Like Like x 1
  12. Starscream 91

Starscream 91 Mech With A Mouth

News Credits:
    Ok so I'm going to need to get that Broadside since I have Springer and Sandstorm. Still not crazy about it? But I'll need to see more photos.

I could carless about Sixshot & Sky Shadow at the moment since I can't afford to collect Leader Class.

Brawn is a must. So happy to complete my 84 Minibots... Minus Bumper. Come on Hasbro give us a Bumper.
    Also, they are making up here for the fact they released Brawn as a head only early. That pissed me off.

Shuffler like Sawback is the only Titan Masters I'm getting, since they original were only heads.

Pissed at what they are doing to Repugnus, you give us a deluxe Monsterbot... And we want all the Monsterbots as deluxes.

Also, really happy to see them reveal the deluxes finally. Getaway is ten times better then Chromedome makes up for the fact that I can't even find him to begin with. Doublecross, Triggerhappy, Hot Rod, & Perceptor are also musts.
    I don't care if I already have the RTS version, one can stand with my 84/85 bots and the other with my 86 bots.

Getting that Megatron as my CHUG Megatron to stand alongside CW Optimus. And because I like Optimus I will get this one too.

And Kickback is perfect!

Man if only Titans Returns were showing up at actual retail and this line would be fun to collect. I'm still waiting for my Wave 2 deluxes, going to be hell going forward.

13. Powerglide1991

Powerglide1991 Autobot

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Everything here is just pure win.

I have the deluxe sky shadow, so probably won't pick the new one up (i'd rather wait for Overlord) but i have to admit, he looks pretty cool.

• Like Like x 1
  14. PlanckEpoch

PlanckEpoch Just a regular old plumbus

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    You know, as someone who has become a pretty hardcore GEWUNNER, this is EXACTLY what I want out of Sixshot. The G1 toy, which was AWESOME, in updated engineering and articulation. So far, Titans Returns has been a lot of good stuff for me. The Wave 1 and Wave 2 deluxe Headmasters. A Galvatron that's worth a damn. Doublecross, Hot Rod. Now we've got a Broadside that looks AWESOME with mini planes for the Aerialbots, WITHOUT Alpha Bravo too, and then there's Sixshot.

As someone who loves G1 to death and refuses to get into anything else, Titans Returns has been nothing short of heavenly for me. It's not perfect, but nothing is. But what's important is that Hasbro is giving G1 it's proper dues here and I enjoy that.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Ribieconvoy

Ribieconvoy It's pronounced "ribby"

News Credits:
    Even though the collector market still makes up a chunk of the people buying retail Transformers, at the end of the day Hasbro still has to sell their product to little Jimmy or more accurately, his mom, who has decided to opt for Great Value brand sandwich cookies this week instead of brand name Oreos because "I'm not made of money and a few always go stale anyways."

They put in fewer joints and a little less fanwank, and hasbro can afford to offer these similar characters that 3rd parties do at a price that kids and adults who aren't fans can afford.

• Like Like x 3
  16. PredaconElder

PredaconElder Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Because HasTak are still working under more restrictions than 3P. Specific Weight, specific partscount and child safety rules/guidelines (thank you lawsuit happy America) are very real things they have to contend with that 3Ps never have to think about.

• Like Like x 3
  17. Rikerwota

Rikerwota Well-Known Member

Also, that little Repugnus makes me think of HR Pufnstuf :p 

• Like Like x 1
  18. hunternem

hunternem Active Member

Fair enough. Thanks for talking about it I never thought of it that way

• Like Like x 2
  19. Megasquared

Megasquared Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    As the Queen song goes "I want it all and I want it now".

20. Altihex

Altihex Well-Known Member

A lot to like here (I sympathize with the folks who wanted Repugnus as a Deluxe, but I have to admit that Titan Master is terribly cute :p 

#1 want from here, though? That Brawn. :cool: 

At kriffing LAST, we have a Legends Brawn to fill out the '84 Minibots, and I can stop subbing in that MP-sized third-party Brawn I have (not that I don't like him, but - size issues). I'm hopeful that Brawn will be among Wave 2 for 2017 (Wave 4 overall, if I read it correctly).

(And now there's no excuse for a lack of an inevitable Rollbar redeco ... Throttlebots, HO! :D 

Kickback's a close second; I'm a little surprised, but not flabbergasted, that Bumblebee wasn't shown (we've seen him already - c'mon, November :) ).

Gnaw ... we'll see how lucky I am. :p  (Luck certainly spurned me on the Kultur/Tarn preorder front ... :rolleyes: 

Tbh, I hadn't planned on getting Perceptor, but he looks good enough that I'm tempted. Perhaps by the time Wave 2 2017 releases, I can afford him. :p 

Getaway and Twinferno/Doublecross are definite wants; Hot Rod, I'm still debating (dino that I am, I'm still fuming over the laziness of not getting Targetmasters as Targetmasters, etc.). Triggerhappy's not terrible, but that's a lot of deluxes in one go (OTOH, there seem to be a good number of four-pack deals on eBay ...).

Black Shadow? Meh. I want the TF Legends version. And frankly, other than the superb CW Magnus we got, Leader class are a mite pricey for me to bite on. (Granted, I want Blaster, but that's more bad timing and lack of funding than any hypocrisy on my part. :p