Nuremberg Toy Fair

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by daimchoc, Jan 28, 2015.

1. BidoofdudeofOz

BidoofdudeofOz The Stench of Discovery

I kind of like that they compromise the complexity for good combined modes. I hope Devastator does the same. Complex transformations aren't as essential on combiner bots.

2. Crim

Crim Well-Known Member

Nope. Lol it varies from region to region, at least thus is what I learned from my German teacher back in the day. He lived there for the majority of his life before emigrating here (this was a good fifteen plus years ago though). I believe he taught us "Munich" German since most would understand that if we spoke it to them.

3. Darkstone

Darkstone Code of Hero

News Credits:
    That's not what she means. Pegida is a stupid organization that is afraid of religious war on German territory and think we shouldn’t allow more foreign refugees to come into our country. They are afraid the Islam and other religions would consume us and our traditions. Which is stupid bullshit and used by many Neonazis as a cover to state their harmful opinions again.

And many people who participate in these Pegida demonstrations are just so dumb and twisted that they can't even speak our own language fluidly, but still condemn foreigners in our country that they are harmful to us. That's what Marvelous wanted to say and made a little joke about it.

What you describe are the different forms and accents of German that are spoken in different parts of the land. That has nothing to do with being too dumb and hateful to express yourself in a clean and understandable way.

But please, that's nothing we should talk about here any more, we talk about Transformers here and not stupid shit like Pegida.

4. Marvelous

Marvelous Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    To clarify, I´m against Pegida, they stand in for something I absolutely detest. But that´s of course not the right place for political discussions.

bavarian german is very hard to understand in my oppinion. The kind of german they speak in Cologne shows some similarities to dutch ^^

5. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
    Is Baravian even German? *zing*

Meanwhile, the accent they speak in Cologne (and Rhineland in general) sounds better than Dutch. :p 

And yeah, Pegida are morons who thankfully deconstructed themselves in a short amount of time.

6. knoted

knoted Resistor Transistor

News Credits:
    Ehm...would you say, the sculptdetail and panel lining on them is still crisp ? Does it look in proportion to the overal scale of the figures or does all detail really look soft/blurry because of the "upscaling" ?

7. peaces

peaces Well-Known Member

well, cw prime is pretty floppy in torso mode which most likely means motormaster will be too. i don't know why people think a titan devy will be perfect. the mixmaster problem could be for cost cutting or stability. many transformers have issues with cost cutting and stability. expectations for titan devy are unrealistic.

8. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
    I own Beast Hunters Deluxe Class Twinstrike and Windrazor as well as the Legion versions, and their sculpt detailing is crisp. There's even some brand new sculpt detailing that wasn't on the Legions.

9. Marvelous

News Credits:
    As far as I can tell, Devastator stood very stable, but I didn´t shake the pedestal. The Employee told me, that it´s the final product, so I suppose the Devy at the Toy Fair is fully transformable.

10. knoted

News Credits:
    But.. did you get a good look at the details & sculpting ?

ROTF deluxe Breakaway is about the same size as DOTM deluxe Starscream....but obviously, Breakaway's sculpt detail and panel lining is way less detailed, way less crisp out of the two.

Would you say... the CW Devastator limbs are in that regard, similar to Breakaway ?

11. Digilaut

Digilaut Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Nothing sounds better than Dutch, people. Someday you will all appreciate our harsh sounding G's that seem like we're constantly coughing up slime.

Thanks for the continuing stream of information, Marvelous! :thumb 

12. Marvelous

News Credits:
    Not easy to tell. If you look close, you´ll miss little details, but having him in Combiner Mode standing in front of you, it won´t bother you.

I´ll try to explain it with ROTF Demolishor and his ROTF Devastator counterpart Scavenger.

Scavenger has a fair amount of details, but Demolishor´s details are much better. It´s a bit like that, but for the CW Devy, there are more pieces involved in transforming on the individual robots.

Attached Files:

13. knoted

News Credits:
    Thanks !

Hmmm.. in a way, I'd say "Scavenger" looks more realistic....

So, in a way...that's a hopeful indication for Devastator's limbbots.

14. DrOblivian

DrOblivian Mad Doctor jAmS

you know thats a VERY good point... i hadn't thought about that. more points the the "mistransformation theory" then i guess.

15. CybertronianFan

CybertronianFan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    A good amount of Americans don't speak (let alone write) their own language fluently either :lol 

16. Lazerwave

Lazerwave My Most Prized Treasure

News Credits:
    Marvelous, did you see what Bonecrusher looks like in robot mode?

17. Marvelous

News Credits:
    Got only a small glimpse of the Box, to small to give an appropriate answer

18. Lazerwave

Lazerwave My Most Prized Treasure

News Credits:
    Could you see the back of the box?

I want to know if the cab on Devastator's left foot was reversed or is it suppose to be like that.

19. CybertronianFan

CybertronianFan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This got me thinking. Why would it be "reversed"? Does CW Mixmaster have two ports or a port that can swivel to both ends of the figure? If it's mistransformed, how would it still combine? This or they truly went with reversing him as the official combined mode for this Devy.

20. orangeitis

orangeitis All orange, all the time. Looks infectious.

Ebay:
    W-wait... it's a bit like which one now?