Nuremberg Toy Fair

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by daimchoc, Jan 28, 2015.

1. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Super Mod

News Credits:
    Nope. Venksta let out big hints as to what was to come months back and that was enough for me. All I got from the blurry image was that:

Devastator is big
    Devastator has purple
    Devastator is green

That doesn't tell me anything I didn't already know from Venksta, catz, translations from ACToys, Marvelous, et al. If someone prefers images that's cool and I understand, I prefer information over imagery, especially if the imagery doesn't tell me anything new.

2. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    I was not aware that there were multiple leaked pictures of Devastator. That said, the little bit of Mixmaster is not enough to go on, and I've been taking Marvelous's info with a grain of salt since the begining (no offence, but I can't help but be skeptical of such info from a random board member).
    Ummm... I really couldn't care less if this Devastator has Mixmaster's foot engineered differently than the G1 version. Hell, I actualy like that he has black fists. I think purple would have looked weird with the black forearms.

3. Timothy.R

Timothy.R Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    for me.. someone could tell me all about something.. i'd still want to see it for myself.

that's why images are posted in news stories and not just information. people like to see stuff for themselves.

i understand that we were told more than the image shows.. but the image is still important. you get a better idea of something and are able to picture it better when you add the photo, especially when that photo is added on top of information already gathered.

all of those panels from conventions where there's no photo's allowed.. people attending still list the information and describe what they see.. but that won't stop others from wanting to see it too.

if i told you there's a new masterpiece magnus coming out.. it looks almost exactly like he did in the cartoon. the robot mode is great, all of the details in the show are there. there's no kibble.. etc.. wouldn't you want to see it? even if it's just a blurry photo?

i'm glad we got all that info.. but none of it really described what was in the photo.. just that it was impressive and it was G1-esque. the information we got was what the photo didn't show.. like about the box, the individual robot modes, and the articulation. so, the photo helps put all of that into context.

i'm not arguing.. i'm just saying that photos help.

anyways.. back on topic.

sometimes* i wish these things would just show up in stores rather than be previewed months ahead of time.. only because i hate waiting for things like this.

4. Hollywood Hoist

Hollywood Hoist Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I agree it's crazy that I own that many Bumblebees :) 

I can't tell how close to G1 this is by the blurry pics.

5. Marvelous

Marvelous Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I can totally understand that some people are sceptical. I would be sceptical too, when someone on the web has such informations.

I'm not new to TFW and provided news and information before with another account, but since I work for a small company and got lucky to attend the toy fair in the name of this company, I rather be careful With using my other account.
    I also take to account, that the whole interview was in english and either for me nor the employee it is the native language. So it's possible that I got some things wrong.

6. Underwear

Underwear Banned

News Credits:
    So does it looked like TFC Hercules?

7. Macross7

Macross7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Devestator's actually stepping backwards. Ironhide is yelling "What the hell? You're a damn construction vehicle. If you back up. F'ING BEEP!!!"

8. Marvelous

News Credits:
    Combined is totally G1, but bulkier. Single bots were also G1esque but reminded me on the Hercules bots in terms of bulkieness

9. Underwear

Underwear Banned

News Credits:

Ok gotcha! :thumbs2: 

10. Mercutio

Mercutio Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Wow, English isn't your first language? You're pretty fluent, that's for sure! And thanks for providing so much great info! I'm keeping my hopes up for Devastator until we finally get pics at Toy Fair.

11. Marvelous

News Credits:
    Here in Belgium, it's quite necessary to learn english as soon as possible, cause foreign movies and tv shows commonly get subbed only.

12. Dinobot Slug

Dinobot Slug Dinobot

News Credits:
    Thank you Marvelous.What did Streetwise and First Aids bot modes look like?J am equally interested in them.Also,what was Streetwises weapon?Out of 10,how much would you rate them?

13. Marvelous

News Credits:
    They were only shown in vehicle modes. I got only a quick look at the weapons, I think Streetwise's wad a gun, First Aid's was a melee weapon.

Can't really rate without seeing the bot modes, but they looked different from the wave 2 cars

14. Dinobot Slug

Dinobot Slug Dinobot

News Credits:
    Thank you!Also,what kind of car did Streetsmart look like?And did First Aid have a hood like an Suv or like his G1 van mode?

15. Marvelous

News Credits:
    Streetwise was a police sports car With a less realistic look, like beast hunters prowl. First Aid was a mix between animated ratchet and Universe Ironhide

16. BidoofdudeofOz

BidoofdudeofOz The Stench of Discovery

So First Aid's more of a station-wagon looking van, rather than a flat nosed one?

17. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
    English isn't my first language either, but I paid more attention at school than most of my classmates... Also, watching Star Trek in English on VHS helped a lot back then. :D 

18. Dinobot Slug

Dinobot Slug Dinobot

News Credits:
    Mm hmmmm sounds yummy!Added with the other 4 Bots should be the best out of the regular combiners!

19. Marvelous

News Credits:
    Recent discussions with Pegida followers show,that a critical amount of germans don't speak their own language fluently ;D

20. alanyap

alanyap Will work for LEGO

Exactly my thoughts too...well almost. they're scout figures moonlighting as deluxes. I can understand the lack of complexity as long as they form a cool looking articulated combiner.

I wouldn't wish for Titan Constructicons members to be Voyager sized BUT with complexity level much worse than a deluxe.