Nuremberg Toy Fair

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by daimchoc, Jan 28, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Timothy.R

Timothy.R Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    i absolutely agree with you. though, i think the fists will most likely be black.. i'll be happy if i'm wrong, but big friggin woop as you said.

i think it may have the right shape, but i doubt it'll look like a cab.

i'll be okay with that as long as the real cab isn't visible from the front in combined mode. i mean, in the cartoon, devastator lost a decent amount of detail.. so, as long as it looks close to the toon model i'll be okay with it.

but it begs the question.. why? why do it this way? it looks like they've gone full on g1 with the rest of the figure, why change mixmaster this way? in my opinion there's no real excuse. if they were able to do it with the G1 figure and 3rd party companies were able to achieve it.. it seems odd that they'd do it this way. but even then, most of it being as G1 as it looks, i can get over it. but i'd still like to know why.

2. Timothy.R

News Credits:
    yeah, didn't marvelous say that devastator's connections were different from the others?

which makes sense considering the size of the figure.

maybe, since they're all voyager sized, each of them have the ability to be the torso for the other limbs.. but i can't see that being the case.. and if it is, i think it's a little lame.

3. DrOblivian

DrOblivian Mad Doctor jAmS

I gotta say. If this thing ends up as g1 accurate as it looks. (regardless of mixmaster) and all modes are relatively unhindered. Having devastator be able to combine in any configuration would be an engineering marvel. Granted I would usually always stick to the normal G1 combo for normal display. But god damn i would still want to see every possible combination, just because it can actually do it.

4. David Hingtgen

David Hingtgen Chromaticon

News Credits:
    My interpretation of the pic is that we are seeing the top of the vehicle, standing on its rear bumper. The "foot" is where the back end of the mixing drum attaches (the "spout" for the cement), and the purple bit above, is the mixing drum itself.

5. Cheebs

Cheebs Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Where is this pic showing Mixmaster?

6. David Hingtgen

David Hingtgen Chromaticon

News Credits:
  7. DrOblivian

Why? most likely budget, mold space, to many parts etc... it could be any number of reasons or a combination of some or all of them. once a figure is in hands you can usually figure out why something was done just by looking at it. the 3rd parties are not hindered by these things, they make things exactly how they want to make them and then give it a price when its done. the designers at Hasbro have to do it the other way around. Hasbro says "make it fit within this price point" and the designers have to deal with it in whatever way they can.

the whole "they came SO close but didn't go quite all the way" argument is another reason i believe he is mistransformed. they went SO FAR to get him as G1 as possible, and this one small simple detail is wrong? wut? Im hoping its just a matter of someone forgot to twist Mixy at the waist for transformation or something, and that puts his foot mode out of alignment too. I honestly would be AMAZED that something Hasbro is displaying for the first time ISN'T mistransformed.

It could also be an engineering thing too. Perhaps they did try the normal configuration but it made him too unstable. I mean he is going to be nearly the size of Metroplex, shy a few inches but still. I would rather have a devastator with a backwards Mixmaster than a proper devastator who will fall off my shelf at any given moment because of a faulty leg.

This particular reason would actually make a lot of sense too, because this thing will be the largest combiner ever attempted by either Hasbro OR 3rd party. and ive heard some horror stories about some 3rd party guys just because of the sheer weight of the things.

My own Hercules' hips ripped themselves apart because of his weight. (And I have the NEW fixed version!) I droped a few extra bucks to get the metal hips from shapeways. hes the best thing since sliced bread now since i did that.

8. Timothy.R

News Credits:
    you can't see all of mixmaster, just the bottom part..

Sneak Peek (Part 2) at Generations Devastator from Nuremberg Toy Fair - Transformers

it looks like you can clearly see the bottom of the purple barrel.. so, if it is backwards.. i don't understand it.

if it is backwards.. why do it that way?.. why have the barrel on one side and the cab on the other?

if it is backwards.. hopefully the ankle is articulated and can be turned around.

9. Cheebs

Cheebs Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
  10. Lazerwave

Lazerwave My Most Prized Treasure

News Credits:
    I'm certainly puzzled about Mixmaster being upside down. I mean, the cab is the knee?

"Hasbro!!!!! You have some splaining to do."

11. DrOblivian

no, we had it wrong, turns out the cab is his heel. not his knee.

12. Lazerwave

News Credits:
    Then they have Splaining to do with the heel.

Unless, we can just turn it around.

13. Cheebs

Cheebs Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    No way. The heel looks way too much like the back of the dump truck. Looks like a cab knee to me.

14. Richard McBeef

Richard McBeef Banned

It's probably mistransformation. The cab section is probably on a swivel joint that allows it to turn 360 degrees, which would allow the heel spur to be positioned forward.

15. DrOblivian

wut? longhaul is the waist, why would the dump bed end up on mixmaster's heel of all places?

also it was confirmed to be his heel by marvelous. she was actually AT the fair. her initial report was unclear so she clarified. The cab is the heel.

16. Lazerwave

News Credits:
    Just 2 more week, Just 2 more weeks, Just 2 more weeks.

17. Timothy.R

News Credits:
    i understand that 3rd parties can do things hasbro can't.. in fact, i've pointed that out in this thread.

there still isn't a reason for mixmaster to be this way (unless, like you said, it's mistransformed, which is possble)... it seems they were able to pull off everything else accurately.. why not this?

if these designers can pull off things like masterpiece magnus, bumblebee, wheeljack, generations WFC prime, animated blurr, generations rattrap, generations rhinox.. i'd expect them to be able to pull off something as seemingly simple as mixmaster being the right way.

also.. these figures will be FAR lighter than the third party offerings. as we've seen with the recent generations figures, they're very hollow and very light.. i mean, compare leader jetfire with other leaders. it's much lighter. so, i have no doubt they'd be able to pull off a proper mixmaster from an engineering sense.

if anything.. i'd think scrapper would be the more difficult one to pull off.. but it seems as though they've done it. so, with scrapper being accurate, it makes mixmaster even more puzzling.

they've clearly used some mechanism to make the foot.. that same mechanism should've been used to make it properly. as i've said before.. they could've simply used the G1 scheme, added articulation.. and there you go.

it's been 30 years.. i think they'd be able to give us proper mixmaster.

plus.. from the sounds of it, the cab is either near the knee or backwards at the heal.. either way, it's still helping support the weight. so, it doesn't make sense that they couldn't just flip it around, or spin it around.

anyways.. like i've said.. it's not a huge deal and it's not a deal breaker. it just doesn't make sense. i'm glad that you think it does make sense.. but those reasons don't add up to me.

18. Timothy.R

News Credits:
    from the position of what looks to be the purple barrel.. it doesn't look like the foot can simple spin around.. it looks like the heel (or the cab) is too large to fit under the barrel.

19. Lazerwave

News Credits:
    I wonder how Mixmaster will Transform into robot mode. Because the G1 toy wasn't much. Just flip him, and turn the cab for his feet.

20. Afterburner

Afterburner For your health

News Credits:
    I'm not worried about stability at all, much like I never have been. Size and complexity aren't issues if the engineering is there. It is just like building a bridge. Thankfully, engineering is TakaraTomy's department so I'm even less worried.

Also, a lot of people have had no problems with Hercules stability, me included. Even official product has duds, and any issues the 3rd party combiners have are all relatively simply fixed by better engineering.

But they certainly shattered the "omg you cant have a deluxe or voyager sized combiner with modern articulation" nonsense from the get-go. All you need is a good design and good engineering. It really is that simple.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.