Nuremberg Toy Fair Transformers Details

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Mechafire, Jan 31, 2016.

1. Cal

Cal Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Wait... what? But Titan Masters are already Legends class, so how does one Transformer fit into another Transformer of the same size? :confused: 

[​IMG]

2. Matrix_holder

Matrix_holder The chosen one.

News Credits:
    the whole titan master pricepoint is to add a variety to the figures, 2 head styles for each figure plus a mini vehicle for those mini figs.

3. Scaleface

Scaleface Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I suspected this for a while, but never heard confirmation.

4. Maverick Hunter Christian

Maverick Hunter Christian Choke on that, causality!

News Credits:
    Does the reverse hold true? Because I've never been a fan of Hardhead's toy face.

5. Probe

Probe Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Titan Masters are much smaller than Legends. They're the size of a head. We already know that they are supposed to ride on the other legends like Rewind and Buzzsaw.

6. ExVeeBrawn

ExVeeBrawn You Are Out of Range

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    I'm skeptical to say the least. I would expect the Titan Master price point to pretty easily outnumber the larger figures. Smaller product, greater number of units per case, easy potential for assortments of greater than four items per shipping case. So even if the entire Titans Return line was built based on providing bodies that match these independent heads - which it isn't - it would have a hell of a time keeping pace. I'm expecting that a few bodies that pair with a solo Titan Master will come along, but there's still gonna be "orphans."

7. Matrix_holder

News Credits:
    titan masters are not legend scale, they are really small. they are about the size of Generations brainstorms headmaster. All titan masters are heads and will fit on deluxe class bodies, the voyager scale bodies will have helmets to bulk up the head to fit with the voyager scale.

8. AlienRadio

AlienRadio Avatar of Entropy

When I saw that the Titan master class Nightbeat used his toy design (i.e. Siren's comic head) rather than his comic character Model I assumed that we'd see characters realeased in both size classes. It's quite cunning, It solves the Hasbro Question of Toys that lose parts and are no longer functional as a result (one of the reasons they struggled with combiners, and was a concern for any potential -masters), since you can buy replacement parts and can also solve the issue of the differing head designs for the various headmaster characters. (does Brainstorm have a mouthplate or not? does Hardhead? toy accurate head for cerebros or comic accurate head?) I'm curious to see how effective the thriple changer aspects of Spasma and Krunk are handled.

9. primalxconvoy

primalxconvoy Banned

News Credits:
    For those complaining about Apeface and other "head only" figures, just remember; Takara-Tomy is your friend.

And if they don't do it, a third party will anyway.

But, TT will almost certainly release this as Headmaster, Powermaster and Targetmaster toys, complete with extra minicons (probably some new figs, plus revolted arms microns and those Minicons from the awful "combine with drones that aren't very good" line, such as the Powermaster/target master figure).

10. signals3

signals3 Frightfully Important

News Credits:
    Try 160...

And using the Titanium mold? Ugh. And it will be all plastic. We'll see, but it's not a favorite...wait a minute, neither is the Galvatron mold. I knew Hasbro would go cheap-o on the movie anniversary...and it could have been such a big deal...there is no live action anything for a while, they could have milked it.

Instead they will keep the "platinum series" rip-off line going. And we will keep paying triple the price for redecos....

Come on people! The platinum series is for the most part a joke. They used to use Universe as the catch all place for redecos of older toys, and price them on par with current releases, now the put them in a fancy box and call it platinum and go crazy with the price.

How much does it cost Hasbro? To pay someone to pick out a new color layout on an already designed mold from years ago. I mean really! The Hot Rod/Junkion set is how much? Whoever came up with this platinum cash grab should be slapped around.

11. Sa173533

Sa173533 Well-Known Member

The Titan Master figures aren't Legends Class, they're small enough to form heads for Deluxe, Voyager, Leader, and Titan Class Titans Return figures and can also interact with Legends Class figures.

12. The Kup

The Kup Heavy Metal

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    Really!?

Then let there be lots of rejoicing!

13. TacticalBacon

TacticalBacon Garbage Enthusiast

News Credits:
    Welp, time to stop raising my expectations and actually prepare for disappointment when it comes to Platinum Edition sets.

14. Matrix_holder

News Credits:
    im sorry but that actually makes very little sense. there are 4 deluxe figures per wave, at most 4 titan masters per wave. All sets are shipped with 2 of each character in a case (8 figures over all) except for voyagers. its simple math. All of the titan masters will get bodies in future waves of deluxes. There will be a limited number of titan masters price point released based on past legend waves, deluxe class waves out number legend class waves by a good margin and i don't see titan returns being any different.

15. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid Zenryoku zenkai!

News Credits:
    If you want Ape face, buy the titan master and put it on the inevitable Transmetal Primal homage that steals his mold.

16. blurrr-ed

blurrr-ed Well-Known Member

Really werent paying attention were you chief, nobody said Apeface was head only, speculation just ran a bit in the wrong direction. and no, third parties arent going to start doing deluxe/voyager headmaster bodies, thats not a market that will make them money, masterpiece scale does. but keep dreaming

17. DrOblivian

DrOblivian Mad Doctor jAmS

So wait. No computron or predaking? But we have seen computron... I'm guessing that at least for computron they mean it won't be under the combiner wars header but rather titans return?

18. Matrix_holder

News Credits:
    next months NYTF will have alot more reveals, figures that have not yet had their leaked pics published anywhere but have been seen. There is alot more coming so there is no point in getting all worried or upset about what wasnt shown at a small show in Nuremberg.

19. DrOblivian

DrOblivian Mad Doctor jAmS

^ Oh they just weren't shown is what i guess the news post was getting at then. I thought they meant that someone had told us that they weren't happening period.

20. rosewater

rosewater Well-Known Member

Source?

Also, I'm totally crying into my Cheerios over the lack of legends Kickback.