Nucleon Charge Rifle: It's awful...

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by UndeadMonkeyGuy, Aug 28, 2012.

1. UndeadMonkeyGuy

UndeadMonkeyGuy Logic Meister

News Credits:
    I tried the Charge Rifle out as soon as I got it & I've got to say, it's the most awful sniper rifle I've ever seen. A fully charged up shot can't take out anyone, it'll only hurt them but by the time you've charged up the next shot they're gone.

None of the maps have any good sniping spots since everywhere there are things for people to hide behind so you never get a clear shot, this guns damn awful.

It needs a buff.

Rant Over

2. ArmoredSwampert

ArmoredSwampert Literal Pokéformer

This game just doesn't suit snipers. Everybody has a tiny head and moves rather fast.

3. shadowsfm

shadowsfm Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    i'm satisfied with it. go get the upgrades for it and see if that helps

4. Prime Jetscream

Prime Jetscream HE PULLS THE STRINGS AND HE MAKES THEM RING

News Credits:
    In the demo, I once stood on the bridge near C and did pretty damn good with it.

5. Shizuka

Shizuka Optimus Prime's Scriptor

News Credits:
    Key phrase: in the demo. I did pretty well with it too in the demo but in the full game I'm not touching it. Yeah I think I'll use the sniper rifle in these maps that have so much clutter in them. This isn't a game for snipers unlike WfC where you had more opportunities. It doesn't help that there's no crosshairs either.

6. shadowsfm

shadowsfm Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    it doesn't help that once they know where you are (using kill cam) it does become useless

7. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Wields Mjolnir!

News Credits:
    Snipers in the real world never fire more than two shots before moving. Standing around firing at someone without moving will get you killed no matter where you are and what you're using.

8. itMFtis

itMFtis Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It's pretty good on certain levels (duh), like Convoy. Agree that it's tough getting headshots though. Damage could stand to be a little higher. A fully charged shot followed by a quick, non-charged shot is not enough to finish off even a scientist.

9. Garet Jax

Garet Jax Well-Known Member

Good, I'm glad the gun sucks. Getting sniped constantly is annoying. I prefer medium to cqc any day over the snipe and hide like a coward method.

Just to make sure everyone who reads this is aware: this is my opinion and in no way am I representating it as everyone else's and in no way am I stating facts.

Cheers, :) 

10. UltraPrimus56

UltraPrimus56 In the ruins of paradise

I love it. Especially with it fully upgraded. I have to constantly be on the move, and I feel like a real sniper. It is hard to get headshots though :( . WFC had better areas for sniping as well. In FOC's multiplayer, one fully charged shot is able to take down a Titan for me, you just need practice.

11. Angelwave

Angelwave Physical Maintenance.....

News Credits:

Exactly. Further more for the game, it's to prevent camping. Which some people have a bad habit of doing, only for them to be gunned down.

12. Haloid1177

Haloid1177 Hey, That's Pretty Good

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    "A charged up shot can't take out anyone."

Well, I completely disagree with that statement. I went through the Jazz level using this gun mostly, and only two times did I not get a one shot kill.

13. LCDR Blindside

LCDR Blindside Banned

News Credits:
    You know what other sniper has to charge his rifle?

The TF2 Sniper.

Before you start complaining about this easy peasy game where it's "hard to snipe," go play Sniper for a round on TF2. It is brutal compared to the sniping experience here.

Also, real snipers get one-shot kills. At max two shots before moving. However, they're also prone, on high ground, and supposed to be invisible to the people below, which makes the FOC experience somewhat flawed. (Seriously, that's one of the things I notice moving from TF2 to WFC. There's pretty much no high ground. I mean, there's the top of the buildings in Orbital Debris, but that's it.)

14. Crainy

Crainy Well-Known Member

Sniper rifles should be very hard and frustrating to use. Sniping is a thing that in balanced multiplayer titles, only really good players should be able to pull off.

15. G1Vanguard

G1Vanguard TRUKK NOT MUNKY

I'm not very good at snipers, no matter what game, Halo, TF2, Mass Effect, I was even bad in War for Cybertron, however I recently tried to snipe and I did pretty good. I got a few kills with it, some were pretty amazing.

I wouldn't say it's awful at all.