Now that Transformers Prime is over, how would you rate it?

Discussion in 'Transformers Earthspark and Cartoon Discussion' started by Transformed, Jul 27, 2013.

?

How do you rate Transformers Prime

1. 1 Poor

7 vote(s)
    1.6%
  2. 2 Not too good

33 vote(s)
    7.5%
  3. 3 Okay

70 vote(s)
    16.0%
  4. 4 Pretty good

146 vote(s)
    33.3%
  5. 5 Excellent

182 vote(s)
    41.6%
  1. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah, I know there is still Preadacons Rising--if you want to wait for that to air before judging the series as a whole, go right a head, but I think most have already made up their minds about the show at this point.

After watching all episodes, how would you rate this series on a scale from 1 to 5, 1 being poor and 5 excellent.

Feel free to leave comments, but could we please keep it civil:D 

Talk about what you like/dislike and what the series could have done better.

EDIT:

To clarify, the hope of this poll is for voters to vote on how they feel about Transformers Prime and Transformers Prime Beast Hunters the series as a whole, not how it compares to previous Transformer shows or any other show for that matter. Please judge the show on its own merits;) 

Last edited: Aug 13, 2013
  2. Niv3k

Niv3k RED ALERT WOO WOO WOO

News Credits:
    I think this serie is excellent!
    Megatron his death
    was kinda sad =/

3. JetFormers

JetFormers « Ultima Ratio Hecate »

News Credits:
    Pretty good I enjoyed it .

4. electronic456

electronic456 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The show ran pretty good, the flaws in it are minor. 4 out of 5. :D 

5. HuffR_WFCTX_91135

HuffR_WFCTX_91135 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Absolutely terrible.

3.5/5

6. Breakdown96

Breakdown96 ‘Cause I'm Mr. Brightside

A show that can make me emotional as much as this show ending did, must be good, so 5 stars easily the show was amazing, and glad it had such a great episode to go out on a Bee getting his voice back.

7. SHINOBI03

SHINOBI03 Well-Known Member

Let's see what was my initial thought back in March 28th, 2012.

Now, I think it was good. However, I think all the treasure hunting was a waste because most of the artifacts got little to no payoff like some of the weapons or the Predocon bones.

But this was more mature than what we got before. Especially in the death category. Has there been any animated shows with on-screen human deaths before?

I gave it 7.5, now I give it 8. Let's see how Predacons Rising will be.

8. TransRavak25

TransRavak25 Maximal

If 3.5 for you is absolutely terrible then whats a one.....

9. AMG

AMG Old School

3/5 - OK

The show doesn't really stand out overall, but it had some characters I really liked.

10. CNCBrawl56

CNCBrawl56 Former Toys R Us Commander

Ebay:
    I won't go into specifics cause I don't want to spoil anything for anyone, but the finale helped the show in my opinion. I was already loving it, but the culmination of things from earlier in the series being shown/hinted/called back to, really showed to me that the writers were conscience of where the show was going for a long time, of the little things each episode writer put in (whether or not it was a bullet point or that writer actually putting in creative stuff), and the opinions and feedback on the show.

And I think the only reason we are getting a Predacon movie is because the writers had a set idea of what they wanted the show to do, how it would end, how all the pieces would come together, etc., but when Hasbro (or who ever) asked them to put in the Predacons, it threw a monkey wrench into their plans. So they had them in the show as little as possible, just to appease Hasbro, so they could finish what they wanted to do.

Whether or not they knew exactly what they were doing with the Synth-En in season 1, they made great use out of it. Who knew we would be seeing that again at the finale or be glad that Knock Out got that drop of it in the episode where Rachet went all.....Doomy!

Sure the show had its faults with the item hunts, but is that really a fault? They got to be battling over something! At least they are not hunting down all of Earth's resources to get back to a dead planet! That would be boring seeing Soundwave turn gallons of gasoline into energon cubes IN CGI!!! And I am not dissing G1, that stuff was fine for the time of the show and the circumstances the characters were in. But there needs to be something there to keep the characters going.

In Prime, they were in a war on another planet just trying to survive. I am sure the Autobots were desperate to end the war, but they had no hope, no upper hand. But throughout the show, they were able to get new tech/weapons that gave them hope. And more importantly has the show made much note of, the addition of the kids giving themselves a sense of family, belonging to this planet. Which I am sure gave them a major morale boost, that the faceless/nameless people of Earth they were protecting, now had faces and names.

I am sure with all of this I am just preaching to the choir, but as somebody who is working on a story of my own, trying to create something new and original, takes a lot of time, brainstorming, and a lot of creativity. And I think they did a pretty awesome job with this show and I cannot wait to see what the next show is gonna be like, since the same writers are working on the next one!

11. PcPrime23

PcPrime23 501st Legion Trooper

News Credits:
    I'd give it a 4.5/5. Awesome series!

12. Meta777

Meta777 Dr Pepper Fan

A solid four from me, Meta. I've had a lot of fun with this series throughout its ups and downs and overall, I found it pretty good. I'm happy :D 

13. Soundwave12

Soundwave12 Well-Known Member

I gave it a 3. It started out realy well and then it went downhill. I'm sorry but that my personal feeling. It has a lot to do with how the protrayed the decepticons.

SPOILERS

but just take the last episode... the decepticons are an army!... WHAT ARMY??? There are 3 guys that can actually fight... Soundwave, Shockwave and Megatron. Starscream has been turned into a joke. Knockout is more concerned about his finish then anything else. And a million vehicons that cant hit the planet they are standing on! Against all the autobots it was almost a 3v8 fight...

then during the seasons, the autobots get reinforcements from scattered bots, smokescreen, wheeljack, ulra magnus... every single one a capable fighter. What do the decepticons get? Shockwave, who they per chance find. Skysquake, who doesnt even survive his entry episode. Breakdown who doesnt fare much better. Dreadwing who ends up getting shot to save the court jester. As for Airachnid and Predaking, I think everyone say those storyline come from miles away.

I ended up getting the feeling it werent the autobots that were on the brink of extinction but the decepticons!

To me, to make a good series you need a strong villian and this just wasnt the case. If they had made the decepticons into a formidable fighting force it would have been far, far better in my opinion.

14. BooyakaDragon

BooyakaDragon I Don't Even Know

News Credits:
    3.75, I loved watching it, but I started realizing flaws when I read the discussion threads, unfortunately it made me feel depressed about the show at times.

15. Jakest123

Jakest123 Well-Known Member

4/5. That one point was mainly lost after my quarrels with Deadlock.

- Bumblebee kills Megatron.
    - Soundwave defeated by kids.

16. BumbleDeez

BumbleDeez Well-Known Member

Pretty good. It's the first TF show I was able to watch with my kids, so it'll always be a little special for me.

17. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    As I'm not voting for myself, but my children too, this show gets a five; they loved every second of this series and have watched every episode countless times--they'll watch the finale again tomorrow several more times for sure.

I would have given this show a 4 had I not taken my children's enjoyment into account, but I can't. Their happiness with this series was quite infectious, whatever I didn't care for didn't matter, as I found myself enjoying it more while I watched it with them.

The highlight for me will be the return of Peter Cullen and Frank Welker reprising their respective roles of Optimus Prime and Megatron again after all these years (horrible movie games aside). The voice acting from everyone on the show was fantastic, as was the beautiful CG animation (which got better season after season), the amazing battle scenes (particularly season 3), music and even the story.

I seriously hope the rumor floating around for the next season is a bunch of misinformation, as I want nothing more than the continuation of what Transformers Prime started. With Earth out of the picture, there are so many new possibilities for the story--Starscream lived to see the end of the series and he was loyal to the end!

Here's hoping the next series is a continuation and not another reboot:D 

With so much already invested in 3D models why not continue to use them anyway?

18. MaxLinden

MaxLinden Deceptipunk

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Agreed completely, without villains who can't live up to what it takes be a force to wreckin' with it left me disappointed.
    Mostly the fact that I actually liked this Megatron and he just got the most simplest death in the book, to me it was as bad as his death in the Bayformer movies.
    The only part of the episode I actually enjoyed was Soundwave getting shadowzoned, fitting ending for sure.

When the writers said when someone dies, that's it... I guess they meant it only for most of the Decepticons unless they happen to be a main character.... And one Autobot (Cliffjumper) that I had no attachment to what so ever.... Too bad they didn't have the guts to kill Bee.

Is it bad to say that I saw this whole finale coming together like this.
    This whole finale just wasn't as good as previous shows like for example Animated left with a way bigger bang and wishing there was more... Prime just left me with a whatever type of feeling...

I wish the show was as good as the first season... After the first season, things just started to go downhill, got a bit dull, the episodes were starting to become a bit predicable, and a few characters on both side started to just get annoying.
    I kept watching for one reason and one reason only.... The Decepticons as The Autobots were just too generic for me.

That all said.... I did enjoy the show WAYYYY more than I will ever enjoy a Bayformer movie and honestly, I feel like this is what a Bayformer movie seriously would be like without the direction of Michael Bay.
    So ya, I give it a 3 out of 5.

19. Angel Magnus

Angel Magnus Well-Known Member

Good, but too many well-documented and obvious problems, inconsistencies, cheap and quick resolutions, lack of direction and (lasting) character development, and questionable choices in pursuit of the video game "boss"/"epic" fight scene mentality, to keep it from being truly great. Had the makings for a truly peerless series, but didn't make proper use of them - too much potential, not enough follow-through. Generally enjoyable and often either fun or dramatic, and the best CG animation I've ever seen (which only improved over the course of the series), but not enough to transcend its problems, nor compelling enough to join the ranks of several of its predecessors which were - and still are - the franchise benchmarks.

>AM<

20. DrTraveler

DrTraveler Wheeljack, Wheeljack, Wheeljack

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I gave it a 4/5. Not as good as Animated or the IDW continuity, but way better than a lot of the other continuities.