Now that Animated is over, what gripes did you have?

Discussion in 'Transformers Animated Discussion' started by Sideswipe80, May 29, 2009.

1. Sideswipe80

Sideswipe80 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I like this show, a lot. But there were some gripes I had with it.
    1. Prime never did beat Megatron on his own. Even in the last battle if Prowl didn’t save him he would have been blown to bits. And when Prowl did beat him, he had to use the Magnus Hammer.
    2. We never saw how Shockwave trashed Magnus
    3. How could Shockwave struggle with beating Ratchet and then get done in by Bulkehead on 1 hit? I thought the cons were supposed to be stronger?
    4. Cons seemed waaaay too strong sometimes and makes you wonder how the Bots even held onto Cybertron.
    5. Once Magnus was trashed we didn’t even get to see him recover.
    6. Prowl’s death felt forced.
    7. Wreckgar.
    8. The Dinobots in my Opinion were poorly used. They were jokes just like the season 3 G1 dinotbots. Not the tough guys of Season 1 & 2 or comics.
    9. Prime was a great character. I know they didn’t want to make like a typical Optimus, but man I found myself missing G1 Optimus leadership.
    10. Magnus. This guys was a complete jerk.

2. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    The only thing that bugged me was that Optimus needed to star in more episodes. (i.e., more Optimus-centric episodes) My favourite episode is Decepticon Air as it stars my three most favourite TFs, Ops being one and he was practically the main character.

3. Reflector Unit

Reflector Unit Cameracon

I only have two real gripes.
    Elita-One was never restored to her original form and able to reintegarte into Cybertronian society, and that there was no on-screen accountability for Blurr. Sure, Shockwave is in the stockade, but does anyone know what happened to Blurr or where he is? Is he never even going to at least get a real memorial?

Aside from that, where was my Reflector cameo? You promised me a Reflector cameo. But I can let that slide more easily since I realize he would have only had about the same amount of screen presence as Wheeljack.

4. Rodimus666

Rodimus666 Member

- RATCHET SHOULD BE MAGNUS AT THE END
    - Lack of Team Rodimus and Team Charr.
    - Needed at least 2 more episodes with Lockdown.
    - No Grimlock/Megatron fight.
    - Sari being missing for 4 episodes in Season 3 with no explanation
    - Sari's story not being finished.
    - Lack of Magnus recovery and subsequent "I was wrong. Being a hero IS in your programming." line to Optimus. Or even Magnus' death.
    - Prowl's death was rushed to hell.
    - Starscream's death being so anticlimactic.

...that's all I got. I enjoyed pretty much everything else.

5. StarSaber79

StarSaber79 Banned

News Credits:
    -Human villains
    -Episode without Decepticons
    -Soundwave was under used
    -Dinobots
    -Prime not being the leader(I guess he is one now which is good)
    -Prowl and Starscream's death
    -Sentinel Prime(he was freaking annoying)
    -Lockdown should have done more
    -Wreck-Gar being under used

6. SoundFire Prime

SoundFire Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Where do I begin?

Sari was gone for five episodes in Season Three

Sari's story was not completed by the end of Endgame Part Two

Not nearly enough Wreck-Gar

No one ever found out about Blurr's death and Shockwave didn't even brag about it (at least the son of a gun went to jail)

We never saw Thundercracker and Skywarp again

They apparently said we were going to learn Femmscream's name, but we didn't (What the french toast?!)

Starscream died

It would have been nice if Sari interacted with Jazz (they haven't said a word to each other since the first episode of Season Two)

The Dinobots were lamers

I could probably think of a few more, but I've already said too much. Oh, I have one more...

THE SHOW HAS BEEN CANCELLED! HOW'S THAT FOR A GRIPE?! :mad  :lolol 

7. Coeloptera

Coeloptera Big, bad beetle-bot

You know, upon seeing it mentioned over and over I must confess, the Dinobots were quite a bit less exciting than I'd hoped. They were often punked with distressing ease. No one seemed frightened of them at all save Meltdown, and this is after a mere mutated human managed to cow all three of them into utter submission. They were often treated like none-too-bright dogs.

In point of fact, I can't recall them actually fighting the Decepticons. Am I not remembering correctly, or did they actually never do that? Well, aside from Slag sort of helping with Soundwave.

- Coeloptera

8. Orbital

Orbital Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    As much as I was disappointed in the fact that the Dinobot's didn't play a very big role in this show, and we didn't get to hear swoop or snarl talk, I was still happy nonetheless that we got them in this show.
    There's only three things that pissed me off. Blurr's death is never mentioned again, or concluded properly, we never find out if he truly died or simply get thrown with the trash and none of the characters ever bring it up again.
    Blackarachnia never gets any real closure, she doesn't return to being Elita or accept herself as who she now is and rejoin the autobots.
    And let us not forget Sari who will always be remembered as the biggest plot hole of the show.

9. Aurora Bluewolf

Aurora Bluewolf Aurora Bluewolf

i was disappointed in the while damn thing ending so soon. cartoon network (biggest jerks alive) were out to kill it from day one. i hope that the people responsible never get a decent job again and the higher ups responsible get what's coming to them.

Too bad Wyatt, we had really hoped for more of your work. I guess that some people just can't appreciate the mastery of animation you gave us. Sorry dude. (goes off to shoot targets and drink soda while eating ice cream and high energy bars)

10. Feralstorm

Feralstorm Good Morning, Weather Hackers! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    1. I feel the final battle of S3 qualifies as "close enough". Prime had help/upgrades, but IMO it had a real feel - as in "I'm smart enough to know I need some help to fight this enemy" as opposed to the anime-style "sheer willpower will overpower any obstacle and spontaneously become a new toy in the process!"

2/3. I get the impression that in a straight fight Shockwave is not much of a warrior, which is probably why his primary job was infiltration. If someone can get past the cannon, he's not much for melee fighting. Ultra Magnus, on the other hand, has a weakness for the 'sucker punch'. I'd assume Shockwave walked into Magnus' office as Longarm Prime, and blasted him point-blank while his guard was down. He might have even gone "Hey, can I hold that hammer for a sec?" first. :) 

My only 'gripes' with the series is we never got to find out how baby protoform Sari got into the Sumdac building in the first place, and your aformentioned treatment of the Dinobots. They had a lot of potential, but became the Dinobots who never do anything for anybody - unless you're a bad guy who knows how to do that Dog Whisperer "TSST!" noise. (I don't mind that it happened - I minded that it KEPT happening.)

Everything else I'm happy or at least OK with - if something is easy to explain, I don't need the writers to do it for me, I can handle it myself.

11. Sage o' G-fruit

Sage o' G-fruit Critics gonna critique

News Credits:
    It ended, and when it did, it felt rushed. :( 

Stop right there.

12. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

The show felt too small at times. I really would have liked to have gotten full teams for the Dinobots, Constructions and the Predicons.

The Dinobots just seemed on the weak side and it would have been nice if they could have kicked more butt instead of just hiding on the island most of the time.

Somehow it just seemed wrong to have Constructicons but not to have enough to make Devastator.

Too many story elements that were not tied up.

Would have been nice at the end if they could have just gone hog wild to have an army of Autobots and an army of Decepticons fighting it out in Detroit. Really wanted to see more of the Transformers in action than we got to see.

13. ZeroEdge

ZeroEdge Geass'd

News Credits:
    Honestly? I'm glad they decided to focus more on the Autobots more for season 3.

14. Dran0n

Dran0n miss me w/ that

News Credits:
    I hated the key and Sari's powers. There's no drama in the show anymore. I also felt the last episode was rushed, Prowl's death felt forced, how one blow from Bulkhead could cripple Shockwave, we never found out the fate of the Decpticons or Ultra Magnus.

15. asderiphel

asderiphel Severian's Understudy

I wasn't a fan of the Constructicons, except as a foil to Bulkhead's character development.

The one real gripe I have is once Sari had lost the key, the writers never explored how losing the key affected Sari's interaction with the group. I really wanted to see her reaction when one the Autobots took a near-fatal wound that only the key would have healed (the kind given out judiciously in S1 & S2). I thought we would see it when Prowl died, but they never even hinted at it. The fact that the 'reset button' had been removed from the board never seemed to bother anyone. In Transwarped, Ratchet went through the process of regaining his self-confidence in his medical skills without the key, but Sari had no similar enlightenment. Her journey could have been incredibly complex, but we didn't see it.

16. HiKaizer

HiKaizer Plot Botherer

The show is over, confirmed dead and thus the ravens descend to pluck the bones dry and whittle away what dignity it had left.

It wasn't perfect by any means, but overall I enjoyed it and felt it was good. You can't please everyone after all and even had it met one persons expectations completely many others would be disappointed.

17. asderiphel

asderiphel Severian's Understudy

That's a little melodramatic. This is a normal sort of discussion to put things into perspective and gain closure...i.e. if there were no gripes and the show was perfect, and everything was done flawlessly, then the announced cancellation would send grown men weeping into the streets while women wailed and children stared with vacant eyes into the lifeless and cruel landscape now left to them.

The show was great. In order to accept it's canceled, it's easier to talk about what made it not the most perfect incarnation of transformers that will ever exist.

Doesn't make the show any less stellar, just makes us human.

18. Kando

Kando Well-Known Member

I have no gripes. The last three animated series I had was the Unicron Trilogy. After that demoralizing era of cartoons, Animated was more than I could had hoped for.

It's unfortunate it ended when it did, but it is what it is. The best Transformers show I've seen in over a decade.

19. HiKaizer

HiKaizer Plot Botherer

Oh I'll admit it's melodramatic, it's more the manner of people and the non stop complaining now that Animated has finished. The board seems to have turned somewhat sour and I was wondering how long until the thread would simply turn into a long list of complaints.

I have my own complaints with Animated to be sure, but if I was going to voice them I would do so by balancing them against positives. This sort of thread is liable to run downhill and perpetuate ill feelings.

20. nightbolt

nightbolt Lead Farmer

1- The last episode was rushed and, as a result, very anticlimactic.
    2- Was prowl's death even nessisary?
    3-If Megatron's character was consistant, than he should've attacked Cybertron.
    4- What happened to the constructicons, dinobots, wreck-gar, predicons, and Swindle?
    5- SHEKICKER!!!!!!!! When they created this abomination, I thought it would be logicly explained. But when S3 was finished it was apparent that that plot thread wouldn't be finished, so....... THEY MADE A SHEKICKER JUST FOR THE SAKE OF HAVING A SHEKICKER!!!! DO PROTOFORMS JUST APPEAR FROM THIN AIR?!?! EVEN THE DIM WITTED KIDS WHO THIS SHOW IS DESIGNED FOR CAN FIGURE IT OUT!!!!!!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: