Now that’s just Eerie

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Snaptrap, Mar 21, 2013.

1. Snaptrap

Snaptrap Field Commander

I’m in the process of moving. That means it’s time to take all my Transformers out of their display cases, and back into their original packaging. To save time for myself, I’ve placed them on desks and other furniture. I’ve been doing it piecemeal, put a few of them away, get some food, do some more, surf the internet, and then do some more. I’ve had TV series on DVD playing in the background. So when I’m transforming and repackaging them, I watch the TV and barely look at the toy.

I just transformed one, and caught myself thinking “wow, that was fast”. This has probably been the fastest I’ve ever transformed a toy. Every contortion was effortless, every movement was smooth, and it locked together nicely. It probably took me all of 2 seconds. It’s only then that I look down at the package and see the metallic blue finish of a Takara United Blurr starring back at me. Now that's just eerie.

2. opt1musaber

opt1musaber Victory Saber's Recruit

News Credits:
    :confused: 

so you saying that your Blurr crumbled during transformation without you knowing because you were watching the TV???????

3. Snaptrap

Snaptrap Field Commander

I’m saying that I’ve transformed a lot of toys while they were in my peripheral vision. I’d take the odd glance at them as I was transforming them, but not really focusing on them visually. Blurr seemed to practically transform himself, and in amazing time.

4. orangeitis

orangeitis All orange, all the time. Looks infectious.

News Credits:
    ...huh? :sly2: 

5. Snaptrap

Snaptrap Field Commander

Well, it's a bit hard to move homes with them in the display case. Plus, I might not be putting the same ones into the display cases after I move.

6. Bumblebee3

Bumblebee3 Autobot

News Credits:
    Dude it is impossible to do in 2 seconds.... Proof video it?

7. Snaptrap

Snaptrap Field Commander

I wish I had. The car hood seemed to hook together on its own, the arms folded up with the barest of touches, I flipped the legs around and under the roof with virtually no effort at all. We've all probably had this happen at least once, a transformation goes so smoothly, but damn, it's funny to me that it was Blurr.

8. ThaConqueror

ThaConqueror Rock! Robot Rock!

I guess the putting them in their packaging would also protect them during the move. I haven't kept the packaging, so when I move sometime this year I'm probably gonna need to use a shitload of bubblewrap or something.

As for the original point: yeah, that is weird. Whenever I absent-mindedly transform one of my figures I usually get interrupted by something, then I forget if I was transforming it from bot to vehicle or the other way around. Which is less eerie, more annoying.

9. opt1musaber

opt1musaber Victory Saber's Recruit

News Credits:
    I understand now, I misinterpreted. Maybe you thought you transformed it, but you didn't since you mainly were looking at the t.v. Maybe you imagined it :lol 

As for repackaging, I do it myself. I never throw away the packaging it just holds its value much more if/when I might have to sell it.

10. Starscream Gaga

Starscream Gaga Protoformed This Way

News Credits:
    I am so confused as to what exactly the discussion here is? Are we patting you on the back for transforming a toy quickly, or are we meant to be discussing toys that we can transformer fast or are we discussing what we do with our figures if/when we move or is there something else?

11. orangeitis

orangeitis All orange, all the time. Looks infectious.

News Credits:
    No, I mean I'm kinda shocked that you still have ALL of their original packaging, let along are willing to put them back in it.

But everyone's collections are different, so whatever floats your boat, sinks your submarine, hovers your craft, etc.

12. Wu Jen

Wu Jen Some old nobody

Yeah, I just bubble wrap and be done with it myself for moving. (For all the play figures, classics etc.) For MP's I have all the original boxes. Now if I plan to long term store them I plastic bag them 1st, then wrap them in Bubble wrap and put them in plastic seal-able bins with dessicant gel packets.

13. Cracka J

Cracka J judas in my mind TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    something else. we're discussing how characters with fast names can transform quickly.

14. Dracomancer

Dracomancer Well-Known Member

I can transform my G1 Topspin like a boss!

15. Wu Jen

Wu Jen Some old nobody

But G1 Twintwist and Topspin don't really have fast names and they are some of the fastest transforming TF's out there.

Or as someone else mentioned Animated activator Bumblebee, not a fast name but 1 button push = whoosh robot.

16. Cracka J

Cracka J judas in my mind TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    twintwist obviously means he's twisting at twice the normal twist speed, which I assume is probably pretty fast by itself. when it's twice twisting speed, you better watch out.

and topspin sounds like he's spinning at maximum velocity. that's fast. so fast the only thing I could possibly associate with it is a transformer that has a very very quick transformation time.

and activator? that explains itself. so fast all it needs is an activation. no transformation involved just WHOOSH.

if you still can't tell I'm bullshitting too cause I have no idea what's going on here either

17. strangeguy32000

strangeguy32000 Well-Known Member

I can transform CV Legion Cliffjumper while he's in my pocket, one-handed without looking.

18. Wu Jen

Wu Jen Some old nobody

Glad I'm not the only one lol

19. Dormamu

Dormamu I am Broot.

News Credits:
    Cocaine's a hell of a drug.

My Battletrap transforms in two seconds with no looking.