Now it's my turn - Should I open this puppy up??

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Razorclaw, Dec 31, 2007.

1. Razorclaw

Razorclaw Are ya gonna draw pistols

I got '08 Camaro Bumblebee as New Year present, so I don't know right now what to do, open him up or not? I lost my interest in the movie figs a few months back, and I don't intend to get any more at all, unless they come as gifts like this.

I'm interested in what would the demand and price for this figure be in a few months from now, if anyone can make an educated guess?? Because I'm thinking in trading this BB when I get a chance. So with that in mind, should I open him up or not?? If I open him up, I bound to transform him to see how he looks in bot mode, keep on my computer desk a few days, and pop him back in the package. Will opening him lessen the price much??

2. Soundblaster1

Soundblaster1 The Heisenberg of Toys

News Credits:
    I was fairly unimpressed with the first version of the mold. I'd hold out for the Stealth Battle version (superior deco, IMO. And it isn't ORANGE.)

My answer: Keep it sealed. And I'm a strictly loose collector, so that should say something.

3. wheeljaxx

wheeljaxx Banned

one of the BEST figures in a long long time. very very well designed. open him up.

4. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    I agree with Soundbaster1, keep it closed. He's really fun, but that fun only lasts so long, then he bcomes a display peice. He is very well designed like Wheeljaxx said, so if you ever get two (or Cliffjumper, as I plan to) opening one would be a good idea.

Keep him sealed. If you really want a fun BB to play with, get the first one.

5. Sso02V

Sso02V Injector Has a Posse

News Credits:
    Considering the amount of variants this mold is seeing, from original, cliffjumper, battle damaged, premium, and stealth, I don't know if the demand for the mold will be that high.

6. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Proud grandpa

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'd say open and enjoy him personally. He's one of the only movie figs I still have displayed, and I have 1 in bot mode and 1 in vehicle mode since they just look so good in both modes.:thumb 

7. TJOmega

TJOmega The Plastic Addict Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Crack it open, the figure's great. And besides I dont think the value in a few months will be very high, with how produced the figure has already been trying to meet demand, not to mention how many multipack releases it's had and is about to get (Bumblebee double pack, packed with battle damage Prime, the movie scene pack, the premium deco) the value's not going to be that high to keep it sealed up.

8. Soundblaster1

Soundblaster1 The Heisenberg of Toys

News Credits:
    If you do open it up, at least get some metallic yellow car paint. Orange isn't exactly what I think of when I think BB. (I plan on doing this to mine eventually...)

9. Razorclaw

If you mean the '77 Camaro BB, I allready have one opened in my display cabinet in car mode.

This is correct, but if I recall correctly, most (if not all) of those reissues are store exclusives. We don't have Target, Wall-mart, KB here in Europe. I don't intend to trade this to USA or Canada fellow fans. I don't know, I'll have to check the sightings threads, but I think CC BB is not that common in European countries.

10. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Content Contributor Veteran

News Credits:
    Doubt he will be worth a lot in a few months, with the premium repaint, cliffjumper, and stealth bumblebee coming out. He was given to you as a gift, enjoy it. Great figure. The detents on his elbows are great. Weapon is awesome. Articulation is what you would expect for a movie figure.

11. thefrozenred

thefrozenred 4 8 15 16 23 42

Ebay:
    Open and enjoy, for all the reasons listed above. He's also an incredibly fun figure to transform, in my opinion.

12. Switchblade

Switchblade Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Always open your toys.

13. Reeds

Reeds Q-Wing Pilot TFW2005 Supporter

Open and transform it a bunch and remind yourself why they're fun in the first place.

14. SureShot90

SureShot90 Peace=superior firepower

Ebay:
    As a fellow european I'd say keep it sealed because were not flooding with TF's over here... and it would keep you in a good possible trade position if you once would trade it away for something you need.
    Also when as you state have lost interest in movie toys, then keep it sealed an let the demand for it build as soon as wave 2 has left europe, then there still will be some missing BB 08.

15. _Flashback_

_Flashback_ Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Im sorry but anyone who needs to come to a message board to ask if they ought open their Transformer doesn't really enjoy them in the first place.

16. Mr.Roboto

Mr.Roboto YOU'RE A SHRUB ROCKETEER! Veteran

News Credits:
    Open it, just cause I prefer others to open their toys.

17. Razorclaw

You are partialy right, I don't enjoy movie toys....that much. And I already have '77 Camaro BB opened, so I'm not too keen on opening this one. I'm still split 50-50.

I really enjoy my G1 figures and classics. Basicaly everything that is G1 in character. That's why I love animated so far.

18. SharkyMcShark

SharkyMcShark Hi. I'm better than you

News Credits:
    Open it you fool!

But really, if you want to keep a version of the mold in box and one out, then

Stealth BB > Cliff jumper > Bumblebee.

19. Aaron

Aaron Master of Crystalocution Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Open it!

20. Dr. Lucky

Dr. Lucky Well-Known Member

My understanding is that these are being packed 2 per case with the first wave of Allspark figures, so with half of each case being this mold (2 BB, 2 Cliffjumer) I think the concept BB is going to loose value quickly.
    Also, it is a really sweet figure. Probably my favorite of the movie deluxe figures.

Open the damn thing.