NOVASTAR FOUND

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Kane prime, Aug 12, 2018.

1. Rated X

Rated X Banned

I found it to be very blunt and offensive. I called out the obvious. He admitted having a lot more than an extra hun-grr. He was complaining about having more than one CW Groove that nobody wanted. Does that sound like a "trader" to you? FYI a figure is worth whatever someone is willing to pay for it. So if someone insists on a fixed rate, theyre no "trader". A trader would be content getting what they can get. I question why my calling out a scalper would bother you unless you defend the practice. As far as Firestar goes, (Novastar to you youngins) lets hope this guy doesnt get his hands on multiples to "trade". Hows that for bringing it back on topic?

2. Rated X

Rated X Banned

I got a question for you:

If I go to the only walmart in your small town and buy the only 2 hun-grrs in a 100 mile radius to list them on my "wholsale account"....what does that make me?

3. TFXProtector

TFXProtector Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    He's not a scalper. He owns an online business that was crippled by Hasbro's Walmart embargo, among other things, and he's still trying to dig his way out of a debt burden. He happened to get Hun-Grr in a trade and he's trying to recoup his losses. That doesn't make him a scalper, that makes him a businessman.

A scalper is someone who gets an item at one price, close to MSRP and then charges double or more so in the hopes of making big bucks off of it, even after fees.

I don't get why you come here and try to be a rabblerouser. I know you still post over at Seibertron, why aren't you over there doing this to people? Are you just being unpleasant for the sake of being so? I just don't get it.

EDIT:
    Please use the edit button and add this to your original post. There's no need to double post. Now, I'm convinced you just think something and blurt it out due to some lack of impulse control. That's not really our place to deal with it, it's your place to police yourself.

• Like Like x 5
  4. stad

stad Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Again, he is/was a retailer that purchased his items via a wholesale account. In this case, he traded one of those slow-moving items to somebody for what was, at the time, a faster-moving item (Hun-grr.) Unfortunately for him, it was right when they were being resupplied at retail.

Not even following him to figure this out - I've seen various posts over the past couple years, and it's readily evident.
    You're apparently jumping to conclusions in order to support your unfounded claim that he's a "scalper" - as if there's such a thing (realistically) when it comes to mass release toys.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Rated X

Rated X Banned

So $50 wont break you but free shipping will?
    You say your "helping people" ???
    Helping people would be if a specific individual sends you a PM and asks you to pick up an extra and you negotiate a shipping cost in private. Considering you havent made pre-arrangements with a particular individual youre not doing anyone any favors. Im not trying to be disrespectful to you personally, but if youre going to scalp just be upfront about what your doing and dont try to sugarcoat it.

6. stad

stad Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    SMFH.

What part of "retailer" do you not understand, that you somehow believe equals "scalping"?

I mean, it's already been pointed out to you - multiple times - so that if you didn't already know, that's no longer an excuse. It's almost as if you'd have to be purposely ignoring things that disintegrate your "argument" even though that doesn't make those factors nonexistent....

• Like Like x 1
  7. Rated X

Rated X Banned

Have no idea what your talking about with the edit button or double posting. Im merely checking my alerts and using the reply feature.

Theoretically, every scalper is a businessman, entrapanuer, or whatever you wish to call them. But if you dont have your own website and declare earnings and pay taxes, youre not a small business, youre just a scalper. It is what it is man.

8. Neko-bot77

Neko-bot77 Cybertronian Kitty

News Credits:
    I submit the following: an ebay auction for $50 buy-it-now (but free shipping). Transformers Power of the Primes - Novastar - Deluxe Class - New Wave 4 | eBay

Scalping, or legit business? After $18 for the figure, 12% for ebay fees, plus lets say $10 shipping, the seller is going to make somewhere in the $13- $16 range of profit. But he/she DID go thru the trouble of buying the toy AT RETAIL for the express purpose of reselling it for a profit.

9. TFXProtector

News Credits:
    Shipping is astronomical. You assume he's talking about free shipping on one item, I can absolutely assure you he's talking about multiple items, multiple times. A lot of people tend to think "Hey, I bought a certain amount, I can haz free shipping?" and that's a big fat no. To send an empty MP box to California cost me $13.00. It was an empty box! Imagine a box full of figures, all at retail pricing, and then at the last minute the buyer says "Oh, I don't get free shipping? No thanks. KTHXBAI." and you're left holding all of those figures from a lost sale. To send a box full of figures, it's on average $12-20.00 per shipment. That adds up to well beyond $50.00, quick.

He's a wholesaler (per his account) who's a small business owner by himself. He's not BBTS, TFSource, HTS or TCP where they can get a bulk discount on their shipping from FedEx due to volume and the amount of business. Plus, people tend to complain about one method or another, which requires the seller to switch to another service to appease the buyer and that can cost even more money, especially when they don't have an account with that shipper.

You're just trying to back him into a corner that doesn't exist.

Now, I'm convinced he's come here to go after people because he's always argumentative and he constantly counters peoples points just because. I'm not sure he could hold an actual conversation with someone else without a single swipe. I have family members like that, they're hardwired for strife and attention and they'll do anything to get it. I've seen it. He reminds me a lot of my second cousin. She lives for stuff like this. Facts don't get in the way of her feelings.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Rated X

Rated X Banned

I suppose you consider the little girl with the lemonade stand on the corner a "retailer" too? :crazy: 

When the guy builds his own website instead of using ebay or forum sales boards and decides to declare his earnings to Uncle Sam and pay taxes, then he can call himself a "retailer". Until then its just a side hustle AKA scalping. Calling him a retailer is the equivilant of calling an uber driver a taxi service.

11. Rated X

Rated X Banned

Youre entitled to youre own opinion. Let me have mine. At the end of the day we have a guy that calls himself a "trader". You call him a "retailer". I call him a "scalper". Youve offered no proof that he owns an actual licensed business that pays taxes. If he did he wouldn't be calling himself a "trader". Use common sense bro.

12. TFXProtector

News Credits:
    You know how the edit button works, this is not a free form flow of consciousness blog you can just abuse. There are rules and structure for a reason.

As for the second part, you have no idea what he does behind the scenes, nor is it your business. You don't have the right to know whether or not he declares earnings, pays taxes, etc. He did have a website, last I checked. Regardless, it's still none of your business.

Neither the edit feature nor his personal business should have to be explained to you, you're an adult and you're crossing lines, here.

Eh, I'm going to have to say that's scalping. That's not a legit business by the definition being used here. It is legit because eBay makes it legit, but that specific example is definitely scalping. He shouldn't be making $13-16.00 profit on a $17.00 figure, that's utterly ridiculous. It was his choice to go to the store, it was his choice to sell it and incur any fees, I'm sorry but I can't agree with this one here. Maybe $5.00 as a profit, okay, that's reasonable, but not $13 or more.

Apparently the local laws consider her a retailer. Most towns are starting to crack down on kids doing that and require them to have permits to do so. Soon, they'll require taxes and earnings reporting. And apparently you haven't done your due diligence on RKillian. He's a legit businessman. He just happens to sell some of the stuff here on the side to get it sold, period.

Oh, and Uber drivers ARE a business, they pay taxes and report earnings. They have to, it's required by law and the agreement. Google it.

You're trying to make this argument that doesn't have any place to stand, thus it's falling apart on all sides.

You're more than welcome to an opinion, but when facts are presented thus negating your feelings, your opinion is rendered moot. You're always entitled to an opinion, as are we all, but not past a certain point. Then it's just insanity or trollish behavior. I've been guilty of that in the past, so I speak from experience and can talk about it. He calls himself a trader because he trades from time to time. He's a retailer because it was actually his business for a while and he is a wholesaler. You call him a scalper because you won't listen to reason or facts. There's a tremendous difference. It's not my place, nor his, to provide you proof of his legitimacy because it's none of your business how he conducts himself or how he handles his business. I don't know what you do, who you are, or how you handle yourself outside of this board. I don't want to. It's none of my business, nor do I want to make it my business.

I am using common sense. I'm not your "bro".

• Like Like x 6
  13. Gamerlingual

Gamerlingual Moderator TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    A trader or a traitor?

14. vehiconjunkie

vehiconjunkie General

News Credits:
    I will pay a bounty on Novastar for your time and effort. LMK if you have one

15. Gamerlingual

News Credits:
    I’ll check to see where I can get her for cheap

16. Omegax80

Omegax80 Using a Positive Rifle

News Credits:
    Well... this thread went off the rails...

• Like Like x 1
  17. Gamerlingual

News Credits:
    Mission complete. But was the last one. Guess she is hard to get. And I got two at that.

18. VictoryLeo19

VictoryLeo19 Well-Known Member

Ahhh yes. The weekly "accuse them of scalping" and "defend the scalping" thread.

Always good.

• Like Like x 1
  19. ORIO

ORIO Plant-Based Bot Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yes it did. Please take the discussion of scalpers and the like to PM's. Back on topic for Novastar at retail please.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Neko-bot77

Neko-bot77 Cybertronian Kitty

News Credits:
    Another ebay auction just showed up. Seller is in San Antonio Texas. Not even going to say his asking price, just mentioning that he probably got it somewhere nearby.... real nearby... (Srry, wrong forum for a P/CP j/k but couldn't resist.)