not a tf: Joy Toy STEEL KNIGHTS HZ1287 Mech and Pilot (titanfall BT)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Dr Light, Jan 31, 2018.

1. Dr Light

Dr Light Well-Known Member

Not a transformer but a 3rd party robot looking thing, hopefully posting in the correct place. Ben uploaded this not too long ago. i had never even heard of this company but this thing looks badass! just trying to find some more information/reviews about him. does anyone here have one or ordered him? what about that company "Joy toy" known for quality products??

More pics:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 5
  2. robvega214

robvega214 Mp5_Brut

looks pretty cool.....i might just buy off this thread alone.

• Like Like x 1
  3. fpjones3

fpjones3 Well-Known Schmuck

These are KOs? If so they are pretty sweet!

4. Ra88

Ra88 Dutchman!

News Credits:
    Oh yeah, I've seen these talked about on /toy/ before. They're mostly available in Chinese markets through sites like Aliexpress. 1:27 scale, and actually a ton of stuff out so far. This mech is definitely the nicest so far though!

Included all the pics I have saved of these. But since then wayyyy more have come out. Just look here: Buy joytoy and get free shipping on AliExpress.com

Come to think of it, it's super weird that Ben is the first English speaking guy to bring these up. They've been around for a bit and look so damn cool. Maybe because they're sold only in China and aren't in a popular scale...?

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 3
  5. Ra88

Ra88 Dutchman!

News Credits:
    Checked out the listings. Wow, there is some MAJOR cool stuff in there.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  6. MasterScale

MasterScale Loose, comes with baggage...

Oh! Is this the Steel Ride Core? Stumbled across this line on Google when I was looking up Beaver's 2.5'' Acid Rain line.

Thanks for creating the thread!

7. MechaFanboy

MechaFanboy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    They should do a 1/12 scale to match the threeZero Titanfall action figures. It's a shame that ThreeZero isn't expanding into titanfall 2, would be great if some 3rd party could pick up the slack, there's some great designs in titanfall 2 that needs to be realized in plastic.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Dr Light

Dr Light Well-Known Member

I remember when Titanfall 2 first came out i was obsessed over the art direction and how the Titans looked. I wanted a figure and wanted some of the ThreeZero stuff but it was just too expensive for my taste. I had no idea these were even in production until i saw Bens vid.

So i caved and bought it with my IT-01 MP-36 money (sorry Megs, maybe next time) lol.

i got it from ShowZ for $100. apparently you can get it from that Aliexpress store someone posted above for $77 shipped. i'm not too familiar with that seller and it said something like 19-39 days to get to me so i guess you pay a bit more for faster shipping on the ShowZ side. granted i've never ordered from them either but i've heard good things on the forum. I'll definitely update with thread with my experiences/pics when this guy shows up.

9. Ra88

Ra88 Dutchman!

News Credits:
    Definitely looking forward to when you get it in hand. I'm very curious to the quality of the plastic, it looks a bit like it might be the 'soft' kind NECA uses. And that's just not acceptable for something of that price.

10. vfxraven19

vfxraven19 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    I have the Steel Knight Joy Toy "Not BT7274" figure. It's a pretty good figure. If any of you have the McFarlane Toy's BT7274, the JoyToy figure is a complete knockoff, but the JoyToy has something the McFarlane lacks - articulation. McFarlane's falls short on the articulation front. Joy Toy's offerings blow McFarlane's out of the water in articulation IMHO. I wish the McFarlane BT7274 had this kind of articulation. I bought this and another mech from Joy Toy from TaoBao. Here are some pics:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here's a shot among the other mechs in the collection:
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 5
  11. Over Easy

Over Easy Well-Known Member

Nice shots, I bought one last week and I'm waiting for it to show up. And I had no idea it was a straight 1:1 reworking, I thought the mcfarlane one was much smaller and the joytoy was upscaled. How are the joints though? They're pretty much the main event, so I'm a little worried about them supporting his weight.

12. vfxraven19

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    The joints are a soft ratchet. They will hold, for now, but I am expecting with repeat play, the ratchet won't hold much. Ankles, knees, hips, waist, fingers, wrists, elbow, and should all articulate. Man, if I could, I'd mod the McFarlane version with all the joints of the Joy Toy version.

13. fpjones3

Is there a way to reinforce the ratchets?

14. kukuburd

kukuburd Eh?

I believe Joytoy produces original figurines to go with their tabletop game, similar to warhammer. But their figures are more like standalone toys, cos they come fully assembled and painted.

They've got some pretty cool designs, I've seen tanks and soldier units with a huge range of different aesthetics. No idea how the game is played tho.

• Like Like x 1
  15. vfxraven19

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    I haven't tried anything to reinforce them myself. :( 

16. vfxraven19

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    I also bought this other JoyToy Mech from TaoBao:
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  17. Kouri

Kouri kupo

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    I'm all for more 1:27-28 to stand next to my WeiJiang Primes. Is that scale for all their figures? Most of the listings at ShowZ don't specify scale.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2018
  18. fpjones3

First time I've heard of Joy Toy. So they're a mixed bag? KOs and original designs? This one looks really good. The head reminds me of the Inbit (Invid) though.

19. Over Easy

Over Easy Well-Known Member

DSC03699.JPG
    Welp, mine showed up and it feels like a 6/10 toy if we're using the whole scale. The ratchets aren't amazing or anything and they're definitely the friction type instead of the clicky mechanical kind, but they support his weight well enough. His plastic also feels light, but I think that was intentional to keep the weight down. I can tap on things and they're definitely hollow, but he still manages to feel solid, if that makes sense.

I pretty much have three problems with him. First, the waist joint is indeed pretty floppy. I'm more than a little scared to try to actually pop it apart, so I'll probably just see if I can dribble some future in there or something. Second, his the ankle joint does swivel so they can go side to side and up/down, but it's SUPER tight and there's not really enough room to grip it. Finally, his hands have a very nice and functional peg system for the sword, but there's nothing like that on the gun so it just relies on the tightness of the grip to hold it. He has the arm range to pose with it, but even with his other hand holding the grip it just rattles around in there.

Good stuff wise, he has above average articulation, and can balance very well provided you've got a minute to get the legs in just the right position. The paint is also very effective, there's not an absolute ton but it's crisp where it should be and the weathering is great. It reminds me of some of NECA's better efforts. His weapons are all really nice, while I didn't spend too much time with the pilot, he's definitely well done for his size. I think I'd say he's good overall, but probably not worth $100. I was thinking about getting the others, particularly the red one, but I'm definitely waiting for them to come down now. I feel like they'd be much more reasonable at something like $60.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 4
  20. vfxraven19

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Get them from Taobao, $60-ish is what I paid per figure.