Nostalgia

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by krishnanspace, May 27, 2020.

1. krishnanspace

krishnanspace Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So today after quite a long time, almost 3 years to be honest, I heard No Sacrifice No Victory and it made me incredibly nostalgic. Tears started to roll. All my memories of watching Transformers especially the first time I witnessed it in the theatre started popping in my head.

I remember being on this forum everyday checking for updates, whether a new movie would be announced, following the filming of the current movie etc. Can't believe its been 13 damn years.
    The year 2007 was so perfect and innocent. Those were perfect times to live in.Wish those times could come back

I really miss the Shia Trilogy. Wish they could make more with the same cast. The Marky Mark ones were Meh.

Gonna be watching thr trilogy over this weekend. The first one will always have a special place in my heart.

• Like Like x 2
  2. AutobotAvalanche

AutobotAvalanche Number One in Boogieland Moderator

News Credits:
    Whenever someone says this about X years ago my answer is always "no they weren't, you were just X years younger".

• Like Like x 14
  3. Galvatross

Galvatross Shrek yourself before you check yourself! Veteran

Ironically, there is not a single piece of Transformers fiction I feel nostalgic for. None of the cartoons, movies, games, etc. I either like something or I don't, but I never feel nostalgic for a piece of fiction or an era. Especially since I can go re-watch something any time I want.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Rumblestorm

Rumblestorm Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Pretty much.
    Honestly I feel we always say "things were simpler and much then" because we were young and weren't fully aware of how shitty the world still was lol. Its all an endless cycle.

• Like Like x 3
  5. Applejacktimus

Applejacktimus Likes Alpha Bravo

Strangely, although I technically "grew up with" the Bayverse movies, being nearly 9 years old when the first one came out, and so on with the rest, I don't consider them my childhood or feel nostalgia for them. I appreciate aspects of some of them, but I didn't get very emotionally invested in them, (excluding AoE) even at a young age, so I guess that's why I'm not attached to them. My nostalgia with TFs really only covers Armada, Cybertron, the '86 movie, (via VHS tape) and Animated.

• Like Like x 3
  6. ObakaChanTachi

ObakaChanTachi someone please return the slab

News Credits:
    Thank god for the Internet. I can't imagine how I'd supplement my need for nostalgia without it.

7. TheSoundwave

TheSoundwave The Fox

News Credits:
    I feel a bit nostalgic for 2007, but for whatever reason I feel a lot more nostalgic for the ROTF era and the stuff that came out in 2010.

• Like Like x 4
  8. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Formerly SPLIT LIP

News Credits:
    I think because that era was just the hypest shit in TF history. Animated was pretty much at its peak, Classics had evolved into a whole line up updates across various generations, TF toys were more complex and experimental than ever, you had the sequel to the biggest TF thing ever coming out, the War for Cybertron video game was a huge hit, there was just so much going on and it was all so cool and amazing. It was the last time the brand really felt like it was capable of anything.

• Like Like x 9
  9. Minibots

Minibots The New Order.

I feel quite a bit of nostalgia for the first two films. Whenever I see an image of some figures from the ROTF toyline it just takes me back.

10. Magnum Dongus

Magnum Dongus Stupid Idiot

If you’re talking about Transformers 2, that came out in 2009.

• Like Like x 1
  11. TheDapperScrapper

TheDapperScrapper Well-Known Member

Flickr:
    Probably the nostalgia for the first '07 movie comes from seeing live action Transformers for the first time.
    Seeing Optimus transform and hearing Peter Cullen as a real world transforming robot for the first time . . . . epic.

• Like Like x 1
  12. TheSoundwave

TheSoundwave The Fox

News Credits:
    Definitely. I said it in a different thread recently, but ROTF was the last Transformers toyline that had a massive marketing push, at least in my area. Stores had literal walls of ROTF figures. My stores disappointed when it came to DOTM figures. They were late stocking the toys, and they had much less merchandise. ROTF and Revenge of the Sith were the two greatest toy releases I've ever seen.

I also think a big part of my nostalgia for that era was the Hunt for the Decepticons figures in 2010. Those were fantastically engineered, and they were really creative and fun.

• Like Like x 2
  13. 96megatron

96megatron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Dark of the Moon was the last film I saw when my folks were still together so I have a bit nostalgia for that film. Age of Extinction I hadn't realised we were in the theater for almost three hours.