North Carolina Transformers Sightings

Discussion in 'Transformers Sightings' started by SndWve2002, Oct 30, 2003.

1. daimchoc

daimchoc Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    We were by the Target in Southsquare Durham. They had the Kingdom Leaders (T-Rex Megs / Optimus with Trailer), and several Ectotrons (Ghost Busters Afterlife), as well as TF Cyberverse Adventures Starscream (latest version).

2. Gatchaman

Gatchaman Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Was out at target university and they have 2 hot rods and some buzzworthy bee bee and Daniel sets. Went by albemarle rd target and they had an Optimus primal, but that’s it. Called target Matthews to look for a grimlock, guy said let me check, yes it looks like we do, let me check the shelf and then says ‘oh sir I’m sorry it looks like we have 2 but this lady has just put them in her cart... ignorance would’ve been bliss lol. If it’d been me trying to get one for myself and a second for a buddy I’d have probably been hit with a ‘1 per customer’ as friend of mine was with deluxes last week, but nope not today. I even asked the associate, aren’t those one per customer? He said no they weren’t and said he was sorry for the situation, but nothing he could and they didn’t have any others. I hope that person was getting one for herself and one for a friend and not a scalper.
    You can put grimlocks’ dpci in in store if your target has the newer system with the touch screen scanners and it will say a number on hand and 0 in the back but they are not on the floor and there’s no locator so they can’t be found. Some targets will say it’s street dated for 2/1 when you call, but people have been able to buy them, so they aren’t register locked. i think this is more of a set date for target and not a firm street date. Why target prefers to have inventory sitting in its back room as opposed to the sales floor is beyond me. I wish walmart would get things as quickly as target, it is too much work to give target money lately.
    Oh and target kannapolis has still not restocked anything since before Christmas save some of those cyberverse bee and Daniel in exo suit sets.

• Like Like x 1
  3. OldGlory

OldGlory Well-Known Member

I feel your pain, its like Walmart has stopped selling TFs all together. I still only ever saw arcee from the last earthrise wave.

As far as the 1 per customer thing, I see it all the time. Always whenever a new wave hits around me, for the next 2 weeks I'll stop in to the local stores and more than once has somebody else been there with a cart full of what I'm looking for. Extremely frustrating.

I've made myself a resolution this year. Whatever I want ill order on Amazon. Whatever I can't get from them ill get on BBTS or the like. The extra 3 or 5 dollars will be worth it in gas savings alone. I dont know if COVID impacted distribution last year or maybe more people had time to hunt, but finding new stock was next to impossible for me unless I lived at the stores each and every morning. Good luck to those of you not frustrated into submission yet, and happy hunting!

• Like Like x 1
  4. edicius

edicius I need a drink.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah, I was at a couple Walmarts yesterday (one in Hickory, one in Conover) and one had nothing by a handful of Cyberverse, while the other had the same, plus two Paleotrex on the pegs (first and only time I've seen Kingdom in stores).

I just said screw it and ordered Blackarachnia on Amazon and, miraculously, caught the Quintesson on Hasbro Pulse yesterday when it was in stock (shockingly, still in stock at the time of this posting).

The hunt was just as bad when I was down in Florida until the end of October.

5. GreyFox787

GreyFox787 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Not TF-related, but if anybody in the Charlotte or surrounding areas (within an 1-1.5 hour drive) is into Gunpla, I'm having a hell of a time trying to find the HGUC Hyaku-Shiki Revive version. It's sold out on all of the online retailers, but been hoping to find a HobbyTown with it in stock.

No luck at HobbyTown Mooresville, and PopCult in Charlotte is a near-deserted wasteland right now...

Not sure if anyone might be taking a trip to the Hickory HobbyTown this week and could photo what their inventory looks like on Gunpla...

6. edicius

edicius I need a drink.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    A couple Ectotrons and a Kingdom Optimus Prime at the Hickory Target, along with a Cyberverse Arcee (only second time I've seen her), but nothing else really of note.

7. Demsac

Demsac Well-Known Member

E hanes mill (Winston) Walmart had kingdom cores, kingdom leader Optimus Prime and 2 SS86 Hot Rods and a Scourge. I left with a Hot Rod and Scourge. The University Target had 1 Ectotron.

8. OldGlory

Northlake target had 1 kingdom prime in leader and core class. Core class package was badly damaged.

9. daimchoc

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Have the Kingdom Voyagers been seen in the Durham area?

10. Taureanstar

Taureanstar Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Went by targets Mooresville and Huntersville this morning. Only thing new among the two locations is one blurr at Mooresville, which I left. I didn't see employees in the toy department at either location, so I didn't ask about anything in the back.

• Like Like x 1
  11. GoggleV

GoggleV Well-Known Member

3 hot rods at morrisville target

• Like Like x 1
  12. OldGlory

Only thing of note now is a lone kingdom leader prime at mooresville. Blur, unfortunately, was already gone.

13. jadeitesan

jadeitesan Well-Known Member

Stopped by the TTC Target this morning on the way to work. Had a full case worth of SS 86 deluxes on the pegs, picked up the Jazz I needed, left the rest, nothing else new at the time. Stopped back by after work to see what was left over, only 1 blurr left, but they finally put out their Kingdom deluxes and cores. Plenty of each core figure, 1 Warpath, 1 Cheetor, 1 Blackarchnia, and 2 Paleotrex on the pegs.

14. Demsac

Demsac Well-Known Member

Found the SS86 deluxes at West Jefferson Walmart today, they still had a cheetor and 1 other kingdom deluxe too.

15. ex dtw2003

ex dtw2003 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Walmart on Indy had a full slate of Kingdom deluxes but that was all.

16. Gatchaman

Gatchaman Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Walmart at concord commons has the Netflix wave 2 deluxes and a bunch of cyberverse and a core Optimus.

17. vorskyr

vorskyr Well-Known Member

2 thrusts at north lakes target

18. daimchoc

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Was at the Walmart at Newhope Commons in Durham, they had a set of Netflix Wave 2 figures - Red Alert, Wheeljack, Elita-1, Bumblebee, Impactor. Nothing else of note.

19. Demsac

Demsac Well-Known Member

Dad picked up the Headmasters at Granite Falls Walmart this morning, (They only had 1 set left so they're hitting NC!) they had some kingdom deluxes too. Still can't find Cyclonus :/

20. Venomus Rodimus

Venomus Rodimus Well-Known Member

Wal-Mart in Laurinburg, NC 28352 has 2 Autobot Jazz, Kup, and Blurr SS 86 Deluxe figures in stock.