North Carolina Transformers Sightings

Discussion in 'Transformers Sightings' started by SndWve2002, Oct 30, 2003.

1. GoggleV

GoggleV Well-Known Member

Well, the triangles probably the only area in NC i'd personally want to live in, its like a weird liberal bubble and you leave and realize you live in North Carolina. Traffic can get bad on 40 during rush hour, but honestly it's not as bad as living in any other major metropolitan area, theres just like no public transportation really or any of that. Some parts of raleigh and durham are still terrible, but theres also a lot of gentrification going on (good or bad), but all in all its a very convenient area to live in. I live in cary, so if i head towards durham or raleigh, I can hit 3/4 targets in either direction if I'm going toy hunting.

Really the only toy places around here that aren't big box would be Crowemags, the Crowemag booth at the fairgrounds only open on weekends, and theres a new little shop called Ogo Toys that opened up inside the Ultimate Comics in cary by where Grand Asia is.

• Like Like x 1
  2. jadeitesan

jadeitesan Well-Known Member

No sign of new SS deluxes or leaders yet, but I did find new Voyagers this afternoon at the Super Walmart on Bus 64 in Raleigh, Jetwing-retooled OP and Bonecrusher. Bought 1 pair, left 1 pair on the shelf.

3. ILoveDinobot

ILoveDinobot You can, you up. No can, no BB.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    I just moved here last January. People from NC love it here, if you are from a real city like NYC, etc. You will hate the roads. That's basically it. Lots of people moving here and the roads and transportation services don't keep up with the growth.

There are no Transformers haunts here, the triangle sucks. The people are mean and horrible, the stores are awful. Kids are everywhere all the time, because of some weird year round school schedule. They don't even educate the kids here. Move to NYC.... forget this wasteland.

I just adopted a dog from the spca, they don't even have the technology to give me proper paper work or medical records. I'm living in the boonies, in the middle of a "city". Charlotte is more a real city, you will disappointed here unless you want to live in the middle of no where. It's what my husband wanted and he loves it here. He hated Manhattan/Long Island.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2019
  4. mute

mute Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    People say the infrastructure sucks because there is no public transport outside buses and the highways are struggling to keep up with the 500 people per day or whatever that are moving to the area.

That being said compared to other major cities I really don't think you could call our traffic that bad, just worse than it was 10/15 years ago. I live in Raleigh and work in RTP like a bajillion of other people and there are plenty of alternate routes to take with less traffic if you don't want to stick to the interstates.

I spent the first 18 years of my life in the Charlotte area and got my fill of the place, so I prefer Raleigh/Triangle area. Both have their positives and negatives though I guess.

I'll echo the sentiment though that it is pretty hard time looking for transformers here for whatever reason. We tend to get new releases later and they go fast or shelf warm without getting new waves.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2019
  5. Sixshot666666

Sixshot666666 Ninja Consultant

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Hey, long time no see! Haven’t seen your name in this thread forever!
    Dang, I’m sorry your having a tough time here!

• Like Like x 1
  6. daimchoc

daimchoc Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Saw the Siege Ultra Magnus and Shockwave last night at the Brier Creek Target.

7. Gatchaman

Gatchaman Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Walmart on 29 has a good mix of seige stuff minus ultra Magnus and lots of studio series deluxes with drop kick. No new OP or Bonecrusher voyagers.

8. Gatchaman

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    target in kanapollis had the leader dotm megatron and jetfire, but no voyagers. Walmart in kanapollis has a studio series ww2 bumblebee deluxe and walmart on the mills has a couple outbacks and swindles and nothing else.

9. ILoveDinobot

ILoveDinobot You can, you up. No can, no BB.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Hey off topic, but it's important. Rowan County Animal shelter, like 2 hours west of Raleigh is full. They will be euthanizing 100 adoptable animals between 2/9 and 2/15. Some of the younger animals have sponsors who paid their fees, so the animals are free if you just go get them. If anyone can help spread the word, it would be awesome. Come on NC let's see save these animals. It's in salsibury, NC. here are the animals Rowan County Animal Shelter The "last day" date on their pics, are the day they will be put down if no one claims them. By not buying any new figures for a few months I was able to save 2 cats and a dog.

• Like Like x 2
  10. GoggleV

GoggleV Well-Known Member

Apex target had both new SS leaders ,I grabbed the megatron but they still had a Jetfire around 2pm

11. IMayHaveAnAddiction

IMayHaveAnAddiction Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Target at TTC.

Attached Files:

12. SoundwaveSuperior

SoundwaveSuperior "The Scourge of the Sky" (She/They)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Custom URL):
    Tumblr:
    Any Siege stuff?

13. NemesisGamer

NemesisGamer Bane of Your Wallet

I’m sorry stupid question but what does TTC stand for? I’m trying to figure out how close that is to me.

14. SoundwaveSuperior

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Custom URL):
    Tumblr:
    Triangle Town Center.

• Like Like x 1
  15. NemesisGamer

NemesisGamer Bane of Your Wallet

Ahh gotcha, thank you, I appreciate it. :) 

16. IMayHaveAnAddiction

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Nope. Sorry for the late reply. Did see a Megatron at North Hills Target yesterday.

17. SoundwaveSuperior

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Custom URL):
    Tumblr:
    Don't suppose anyone's seen Rippersnapper lingering on clearance anywhere lately (or has one they'd part with for cheap)? I picked up Cutthroat and Sinnertwin on clearance recently (and already had Blot), and would really like to grab Ripper to go with them.

18. ChErikS

ChErikS Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Go check Family Dollar stores. The PoP toys they had this Christmas are all about to be marked down 50%.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Gatchaman

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Returned SS jetfire and Megatron unopened to target kanapollis earlier today, so I’m they may be back on the shelf now. Nothing else new. Walmart further down in kanapollis has the deluxe armored car green bumblebee. But nothing much else new of note anywhere around concord or university

20. IMayHaveAnAddiction

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Just curious, why the return?