North Carolina Transformers Sightings

Discussion in 'Transformers Sightings' started by SndWve2002, Oct 30, 2003.

1. Taureanstar

Taureanstar Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I would have liked to have seen you guys there and get that warbot defender that JDK got, but I worked until 7 lol. Honestly though thrilled with my inferno. Had come very close to getting one of the versions of inferno for a long time, and the deal never worked out. To end up with the original at a great deal was kind of triumphant for me. Starscream was kind of just an add on cause it was there, complete, and on sale. I would have gotten sideswipe instead but couldn't find the accessory that goes on the roof in car mode.

2. JDK

JDK Seen Your Member

News Credits:
    Ah I was wondering if you were a 2005er. I've come close to getting buster a hundred times, but never could pull the trigger. I put him down once and left but ended up turning around and coming back for him, just having it in hand made all the difference Couldn't leave him looking so sad in that bin. Hope you enjoy Mirage! I had no idea who he was.

3. Pete Rock Remix

Pete Rock Remix Well-Known Member

Winston salem target near the mall has the windblade wave minus windblade.

Walmart near the mall has a fresh case of the windblade wave.

Anyone is winston seen waspinator? Seems like between waspy and sky byte predicons hate winsto Salem.

4. Taureanstar

News Credits:
    Hit some stores today.

Ross matthews: lunchbox primes, and 1 bh voyager upscaled optimus

Target matthews: voyager drift and slog wave is there, along with hound. Only older geneations stuff.

Ross monroe: 1 lunchbox prime

Target monroe: several roadbusters and sky-bytes, a couple each of voyager drift, slog, and hound. Snarl wave is there in terms of deluxes. No new generations deluxes.

5. HQJ

HQJ Well-Known Member

Big Lots in Lexington had the AoE Legends figures, all the repackages, plus a couple Strafes.

Ollies had all the same Kreo sets that I'm pretty sure they've had since they opened.

The Walmart up there had the new waves of deluxes. I finally picked up a Snarl, leaving one other and two Hot Shots.

I checked Roses up there too, just in case, and there wasn't really anything in the Transformer department, although they did have a bunch of KOs for cheap, nothing that struck me as too awesome though.

6. Gatchaman

Gatchaman Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Walmart in concord had a slew of the new green Dinobot stegosaurus and a couple generations tankors and a few Rhinoxs.
    Target in kanapollis had a lot of roadbuster's and skybytes and the windblade wave. They also had a SW 6" black Jedi Luke and Chewbacca.

7. JDK

JDK Seen Your Member

News Credits:
    Walmart on Peter's Creek had at least 6 cases of TRA MV4 GENERATIONS DELUXE W3 14 out in the aisles last night, along with heaps of other toys. I didn't spot any other TF stuff but there could have been lots more inside the fortress of boxes.

8. Superquad7

Superquad7 OCP Police Crime Prevention Unit 001 Super Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Cool you're checking Ollie's, as they've carried TFs a bit. Roses...man, that store is more than a former shell of itself. When I was a kid, it was THE place to get TFs. Most of my retail G1 memories come from Roses.

That Tankor-wave seems to be getting a pretty good spread, at least from what little bit I've been at retail.

9. Taureanstar

News Credits:
    Ollie's has been pretty much solely kreo - tons and tons of kreo - enough to build your own kreo ollie's - for quite some time now it seems.

I never knew Roses used to have transformers. All of mine as a kid came from two places: kay bee stores or woolworth's, both from the Richland Mall near Mansfield, Ohio.

Generations wave with windblade and crosscut showed up at target monroe. Target's got some awesome sales right now(my wife came home last night with 5 bonus gift cards totaling $35 from specials), but none of them are on transformers unfortunately.

By the way, have you guys checked out apps like Ibotta and snap or internet sites like ebates? They can help offset the cost of transformers at certain retailers sometimes.

10. Falconhood

Falconhood Harbinger of Apokalypse

And Centurions and Inhumanoids...but wow, Roses has turned into Big Lots. I can't even accept that the modern Roses IS the Roses from 30 years ago.
    I definitely got my best Transformers from Roses during the end of the G1 era.

11. Superquad7

Superquad7 OCP Police Crime Prevention Unit 001 Super Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    It's because it's not: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roses_(store) It really bares the identity in logo image branding and store appearance alone.

Everytime I see the one here in Zebulon, it makes me sad. Zebulon really needs to just combine Roses, Family Dollar, General Dollar, and the Dollar Tree into one store.

12. Tux Chaos X

Tux Chaos X Spades Slick

Target Crossroads also got Windblade's wave between Wednesday night and Thursday morning, but last night she was nowhere to be found; only one Jihaxus and at least two Nightbeats. I think they have some newer AoE figures, too (I spotted Galvatron for the first time), but I don't tend to check them that often as no Starscream = no Movie figs for me :p 

Crossroads TRU was the same as always. YOTH Starscream is down to 80 now XD and there are plenty of Jetfires for anyone who needs them. No new Generations figures beyond the Tankor/Rattrap wave, and they still haven't restocked the individually-packed figurines from that G1/Movie/Prime mashup thing (I always forget the name of it; they have 5-packs too featuring Prime/Megatron/Starscream/Soundwave/Ratchet for each of the 3 series).

13. gjcv1408

gjcv1408 Well-Known Member

Target lynn rd has lots of snarl and hot shots. .voyager skybyte, roadbuster, slog, drift, galvatron.

14. jammer506

jammer506 Sentient Being

Ebay:
    Found Brainstorm at my local Walmart in New Bern. When I say "BE CAREFUL REMOVING HIS HEAD." I really mean "BE CAREFUL REMOVING HIS HEAD."

The headmaster head got stuck in the cavity and I had to pry it out and reassemble the whole headmaster.

I think this is the first time I've ever had a helpful post in this thread. :3

15. JDK

JDK Seen Your Member

News Credits:
    Winston-Salem is pretty much pathetic right now, aside from Snarls in every corner. Hanes TRU, Target, and Walmart, plus Peter's Creek Walmart, all the same story. Not a Brainstorm or pink lady in sight.

16. sagejdg

sagejdg Well-Known Member

Toys r us at concord mills has the new one step changers for the upcoming cartoon.

17. Taureanstar

News Credits:
    Kmart Monroe: 2 jetfires at $22.49 a piece. If you have a Sunday paper there'd be a $3 coupon in there good towards this purchase.

18. daimchoc

daimchoc Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    This is because of the BOGO50, right?

19. Taureanstar

News Credits:
    Most kmarts are running 50% off all transformers right now. Been going on since Sunday. I have definitely scored some good deals. There's been scattered reports of some kmarts not running the sale, but I think they're all supposed to be running the sale. I haven't heard of any kmarts in north carolina not running the sale.

And just to be clear, it's not bogo -- it's just straight 50% off all transformers, no qualifications. Only exception I know of is it doesn't apply to stomp and chomp grimlock.

20. Alpha Prime

Alpha Prime Ten Years Strong

8 Brainstorms at Asheboro Walmart. They're not with the Transformers but in main aisle beside the toy section on an Age of Extinction display.