Nonnef Productions: Upgrade Kits

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by nonnef, Jun 9, 2015.

1. gbm

gbm Well-Known Member

I mean, not to be an instigator, but isn't using black the worst color match of all? lol

I would've taken a slightly off red over that. Oh well.

I'm sure he is providing the best solution available at the moment.

• Like Like x 3
  2. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yes and no, Sideswipe and Red Alert both use black for accents, plus the black mounts for the spoiler makes the black on the doors of Sideswipe look just a little less conspicuous.

• Like Like x 2
  3. gbm

gbm Well-Known Member

True true. Like I said, this is seemingly the best case solution.

• Like Like x 2
  4. jamarmiller

jamarmiller S.K.A.R. LEADER

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    just as long as he doesn't release a red and white one later, my kids wont mind , but if he does , arghhhhh

5. Warpshard

Warpshard Well-Known Member

That the adaptors are only available in black is really disappointing. Honestly, I don't mind the slightly off reds or whites, my figures already have mild color matching issues all by themselves thanks to the colors of the plastic or just the difference between painted colors and molded colors, I can deal with it for 3P parts and addons. It looks okay in black, but it'd definitely look better in white and red, respectively.

I have Nonnef's Sunstreaker set, so I'll keep an eye out for pictures with both of them and comparisons to the JRC and Lazy Eyebrow sets. I'd like the spoilers to match, but the color at least attempting to match is also important to me.

6. Fenrys

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yea, definitely not ideal but also pretty far from horrible, it's a decent compromise given the circumstances.

7. mikeszekely

mikeszekely Not Pessimus Prime

Ebay:
    Ugh. I ordered two sets of adaptors that I'm going to have to paint, then two sets of spoilers with parts I don't need because the Siege guys are still using theirs. Plus two more sets of Lambo weapons because even if the Siege ones could give theirs up the bone color used for Surge Sideswipe isn't a match for the bright white on Kingdom Sideswipe.

8. poisoncow

poisoncow ....

Nonnef on point today. Already shipped my spoiler adapters.

9. jamarmiller

jamarmiller S.K.A.R. LEADER

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    sooooo. what is up next ?

10. poisoncow

poisoncow ....

I believe the Slag kit, but hes having some issues with the head tooling.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Optimalprimal

Optimalprimal Diecast construction. It's a lost art.

They look great. Gonna hold off until I source Red Alert and pick up an extra set of the SS spoilers. I don't have the heart to take the spoilers off my just moved from shelf to desk Siege Sideswipe. It's kicking a guy when he's down...

• Like Like x 2
  12. Toker

Toker Well-Known Member

Head tooling? Is he making a replacement robot head or something?

13. Kilowog

Kilowog ORA ORA ORA

Ebay:
    Yes, a black head. Seems he's going with a toy accuracy set since it'll also have the option of red horns

• Like Like x 1
  14. TGS1985

TGS1985 Well-Known Member

Man, I know he's having trouble with materials but not to offer color options while making it sperate purchase from the siege sets is just a huge disappointment. I appreciate the thought though, but I think I'm going to go with JRC Design on this one.

• Like Like x 4
  15. gbm

gbm Well-Known Member

I LOVE Nonnef's stuff, but I did the same with this particular purchase as well.
    :/

16. Fenrys

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Just quoting myself to reiterate

If he had included a spoiler with the new adapters then the price for the set would be $5 and not $2.50 and the spoiler would be black. Selling the adapters separately is the better compromise if he isn't able to color the adapters. He's also probably figuring that a good portion of his customers have probably already bought the Siege spoilers, so this way those customers don't have to rebuy the spoiler, just the part they need.

• Like Like x 1
  17. TGS1985

TGS1985 Well-Known Member

Except you're paying for two items to get the one you really need and unless you want all black, in colors that do not match. I doubt the demand for siege Lambo kits are as high as they use to be considering how old and rare the figures are getting. Why not just start repackaging the color spoilers with the new adapters? Just doesn't make sense to me and I don't feel like paying $7 that I don't like the looks of when I can pay $5 elsewhere that nearly exactly what I want. I'll still probably but yet another weapon set though as that's a solid set with plenty of color options.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Fenrys

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    And if the adapters came with spoilers you'd have to pay $10 to get colored spoilers to go with the black adapters rather than $7.50 (because again, spoilers currently made would be black). The reason for not repacking is that the Siege spoilers are already produced. Think about it for a sec, if he is having trouble obtaining red/white plastics for color matching, what makes you think he's still producing the red/white Siege spoilers? That's why he can't just include the colored spoiler with the adapter. And if he just included the whole Siege kit (again, already produced) with the adapter, then it'd still be $7.50.

• Like Like x 1
  19. poisoncow

poisoncow ....

Got the Kingdom adapter today. Happy with the results, I think the black matches the shoulder joints well and blends nicely. Only issue is they tend to pop off fairly easily. No biggie though. 20210923_163724_HDR_(1).jpg 20210923_134334_HDR_(1).jpg

• Like Like x 5
  20. Hobbes-timus Prime

Hobbes-timus Prime TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Agreed. I was initially a little bummed they only came in black, but they really help the shoulder joint feel like a more intentional design choice. Plus it ties nicely into Sunstreaker's spoiler risers.

• Like Like x 2