Nonnef Productions: Upgrade Kits

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by nonnef, Jun 9, 2015.

1. Max Tower

Max Tower Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think he's missed the boat now - anyone who wanted them would have bought the Matrix Workshop ones.
    That said the idea of removable rockets is appealing to me & the Matrix Workshop ones are generic enough to find another use for so I'd still consider other offerings. One could say the same of many other parts suppliers though (especially the ones that cast things rather than 3D print them).

I just wish he'd do another run of the Shockwave kit as Galactic Man was barely even out before they sold out. I think it's a shame he didn't consider a set with more hands in it as if he'd included left and right hands then one could replace the backpack blasters with hands so Shockwave could use them backpack to do science and not just to shoot stuff. Speaking of hands though I do think rather than just include "Jazz Hands" in sets like Hound has a more casual open hand that still includes the ability to hold 5mm weapons would be a more appealing replacement to me. After all what is the point of replacing the hands if they can't hold the weapons and only the original ones can.

It's a damn shame that only Shockwave Labs does replacements that require Pin removal as if anyone needs some hand and arm improvements it's Siege Megatron. But it seems some are refusnik about it as it would require you to push the pins out. But then I'm still perplexed why it's so darn hard to get Titans Returns Compatible ramps too. - That seemed the most obvious thing in the world to make and ironically the one company who did make ramps in a semi-visible way didn't even use the default connection on 2 out of the 4 they made & that connection was single ended too.

Heck even a tiny adaptor to allow the use of Micromaster Ramps would have some use to it.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Fast_Draw

Fast_Draw Pretender

News Credits:
    No problem. I'm just reposting that pic. I found it mixed in this thread a while ago and saved it because I had the same questions you did.

3. Mondochuk

Mondochuk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, this is me, I bit the bullet and grabbed the Matrix Workshop set for Prowl to give him shoulder launchers even though I was really hoping Nonnef would intro his and they'd have up/down tilts like his Sideswipe shoulder cannon.
    I think Nonnef's stuff is usually great, but I got tired of waiting.
    And the fact that there have been a few things planned in the past that I waited for from Nonnef but they never came to fruition means I would rather risk double-dipping than missing out on some accessories.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Rakzo

Rakzo Peruvian Transformers Fan

News Credits:
    Is there a way to contact Nonnef? I would like to add the Nightbird set to my order that hasn't been released yet.

5. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002

News Credits:
    twitter is the best way to contact him

• Like Like x 1
  6. shamanking282

shamanking282 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Just got the G2 Sideswipe parts today. They’re even better than I expected. The unpainted grey turned out way better in person than it looks in pictures.

7. ThomasMink

ThomasMink Minkicon

Not sure what there is to do with Mirage. He has a gun and a shoulder cannon already, unlike the Lambos who came with one or the other.. and his hands are pinned.
    Those adapters I chose not to use with Hound work well enough with Mirage. They're not perfect, but they provide articulation if that's what you want.

mirage.png

I mean.. I'd totally be down for a new launcher and a missile that doesn't have a peg hanging off it, but eh.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Max Tower

News Credits:
    I wonder what happened to the Nightbird kit images ?

Also he says one of the sets is blue - is that Chromia Blue ?

9. jingles1

jingles1 Well-Known Member

If anyone has the Nonnef Chromedome red guns for sale, please let me know.

Thanks!

10. IceConvoy

IceConvoy Jikuu Keiji

News Credits:
    Pics are up now for the Nightbird set. I can’t decide which colors I want.

11. Bob Schoonover

Bob Schoonover Poorly-Known Member

News Credits:
    Huh, I skipped Siege Nightbird, so I thought I'd skip this set, but that purple might look fantastic with Lancer.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Max Tower

News Credits:
    I was thinking The Blue with Chromia - but the Yellow might not look to bad with Green Light either.

13. Oniconvoy

Oniconvoy The other black repaint

News Credits:
    Quite pleased with the Nonnef G2 Sideswipe set once painted.

9A97C824-CE09-4CEB-97C7-B50D65CB670F.jpeg 845C1A38-1625-46E0-B071-2A190441EAD4.jpeg

• Like Like x 11
  14. Robots78

Robots78 Robotanist

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    I just noticed that tfsafari.com is selling Chromedome guns as well as Punch/Counterpunch guns. So if anyone missed out on the Nonnef pieces, those could be a good alternative. Upgrade Kits

• Like Like x 2
  15. Murasame

Murasame 村雨

News Credits:
    Awesome! Thanks!

• Like Like x 1
  16. Fenrys

News Credits:
    got my nightbird kit in today, personally not a fan of the way the nunchucks or sword handles are made as i couldnt get them to fit in 5mm holes, but the sais and adapters make the set well worth it in my opinion

• Like Like x 1
  17. mcart

mcart I'm not fat, it's Prime Armor

News Credits:
    Got my nightbird kit in but can't find my nightbird so Barricade is now showing that he doesn't understand the meaning of the word overkill
    IMG_20191129_150952.jpg

• Like Like x 10
  18. Cool Hand Lube

Cool Hand Lube Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I tweeted the same issue to him, he said that Nightbird has wildly variable hand/peg hole sizes and that's why the sword handles and nunchcucks don't work with her. He also added that there's an extra .1mm on the glued edge of the handles that I could shave off, but that's kinda BS IMO. It honestly feels like this is the first set I've bought from him (and I've bought most of his stuff without issues) where he's just "meh" about any issue resolution.

Either way, still a good set. I love the sais and the throwing stars mounted on the arms with the 5mm>3mm peg adapters looks slick as hell.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Fenrys

News Credits:
    yea, this is the first set thats kind of a 50% miss for me, but the stuff i do like from it works well enough for me, afterall she can only hold so many weapons at once haha

• Like Like x 2
  20. jingles1

jingles1 Well-Known Member

Hello. I'm looking for a set of the Siege Skywarp guns. If you purchased an upgrade for your Skywarp and want to sell the original set, please let me know!

Thanks!