Nonnef/Fakebusker83 - Trivia (black/blue/pink)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by nonnef, Nov 28, 2014.

1. Cody2003

Cody2003 Well-Known Member

I just got mine in today, and short version: I'm happy with it!

Long version:

The figure itself is very solid. All the joints work and while some are pretty scarily tight, nothing squeaks, creaks, or seems to be overly stressed. The only marks on mine that I can see are on the hips and feet. Both have very smooth solid action so I doubt that there is any long term risk of the joints breaking. Construction is solid, but hastily assembled. ALL of the white parts on my figure had tabs and flash on them while the black parts are a lot more clean with only 1 missed sprue tab. Paint on the chest looks pretty good and the head is very nicely done. Not nearly as lumpy as some of the others in this thread. I am kind of bummed out about the white plastic. The translucency makes it look dirty more than anything, and maybe if it had been more of a bluish shade would look a bit less like glow in the dark green. Plastic actually feels pretty good if still heavily textured from the master parts. Very reminiscent of a good quality model kit which makes cleanup pretty simple.

Transformation is actually surprising clean on my copy! Once all the little injection left overs were trimmed back almost everything tabs in securely. Better than a most of my TFC Hades. The only part that doesn't is one side of the backplate. I doubt that I'll spend a great deal of time with this guy transformed, but it's extremely nice that when I do decide to fiddle with it, it works well. I'm using the transformation hands and they look better to me than I thought they would after first glance. I did have to sand slightly around the peg to get a smoother texture and better fit without terrifying tightness but they now rotate very nicely and fold away without any problems. I love the magnetic feet! That's a perfect addition to a small figure that makes posing fun and removes any doubt about the figure standing. Both from the slight weight added and on any metal surface.

Overall, I got what I wanted. My original purchase was for Fakebusker's great design in a plastic quality more easy to live and play with than shapeways printed materials, and that's what I got. There may be an argument that the increase in quality coming out of shapeways in the last couple years would have made that difference, but I'm still not dissatisfied. The combiner wars ratchet gear I ordered worked exactly as advertised and I feel so did this.

Will I order from Nonnef again? Probably, yeah.

After the first year I kinda shrugged it off as a loss. Or at least like backing a Kickstarter. It was a bummer to have tossed the money into this for no return, but far from world ending. I'm actually really glad that I ordered. I imagine this has been one huge garbage fire for him that everyone will be happy to see the backside of, but if he continues to make products I'll keep looking into them. Bypassing the enormous wait, I'm happy with my purchase and happy to support someone who at least originally did this because they love it. I do think I will sit back from any hugely complex projects until it's clear that Nonnef is on top of it though.

2. T.F. Allen

T.F. Allen Better known everywhere else as Theatre Josh

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Custom URL):
    Precisely what I was thinking. Mine arrived the day after I left for TFCon, so I only just got to start fiddling with him when I returned home tonight.
    Chromedome and Rewind.JPG
    The white could definitely be brighter, but I can fix that with a thin coat of paint.

• Like Like x 1
  3. ubertenorman

ubertenorman Well-Known Member

I agree with pretty much everyone has said about Trivia. After trimming the flash and sanding the wrist pegs, I am mostly happy with him.

Here's some pics with most of the crew:

IMG_2094.JPG IMG_2095.JPG IMG_2096.JPG IMG_2097.JPG IMG_2098.JPG

• Like Like x 3
  4. levyshahar

levyshahar Nemesis Wheelie

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That's a great collection you got there ubertenorman :) 

5. Cha Chi

Cha Chi Minimondomayhem

News Credits:
    I can see what you guys are saying about the white plastic. Might be worth painting over it... Could come out nice and snazzy.

6. T.F. Allen

T.F. Allen Better known everywhere else as Theatre Josh

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Custom URL):
    Nonnef meme.jpg
    Meme created by Dave Cunningham of the Audio Knights Theatre
    (no hard feelings, Nonnef)

7. revlimiter

revlimiter Bot Hacker

News Credits:
    Out of the blue, I got my Rewind in the mail tonight. Or "Trivia" rather.

No communication from nonnef. No shipping notice. I've been emailing him off and on for 2 years, about every 6 months. Nothing. But tonight? I got a Rewind.

Mine has scads of casting flash. Also tons of stress marks on the white plastic. Nothing moves easily. No idea how to transform him. I honestly don't want to, but I do need to take him mostly apart for repainting.

Horrible customer service. Mediocre figure. A two YEAR wait. But I finally have my Rewind.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Rewind

Rewind Swoosh!

News Credits:
    Mine showed up today. It's pretty much exactly what I was expecting (more refined version of the shapeways kit) and I'm happy with it. I might even buy one of the extras when he makes them available.

9. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:
    Everyone seems to be getting the black version, I ordered the pink one, did any one get that one yet?

10. Sixshot666666

Sixshot666666 Ninja Consultant

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    He said there will be more versions coming out? He could barely get this batch out!

11. Tekkaman Blade

News Credits:
    Never mind mine showed up today. Minus the little mic he promised everyone who ordered early, but at this point I'm just glad to finally get it.

12. Tekkaman Blade

News Credits:
    Made a fill in mic and some other adjustments, and still making adjustments to it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. TM2 Dinobot

TM2 Dinobot closet otaku

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Got mine yesterday.

[​IMG]

Not sure what I can say that hasn't been said already. Mold flashing everywhere. The shoulders are misaligned and will not transform. Several of the joints and connection points are stressed or cracked. You have to switch the hands out for transformation, which, whatever I guess. You didn't have to do that with the Shapeways version.

And no microphone.

Am I happy? No, not really. I think I would have rather kept the moral high ground of the victim. Do I like the figure? Yeah, she's okay. More or less what I ordered. And I guess I should count myself lucky as she came in one piece, unlike the hands and feet people have been ordering.

Do I bare Nonnef any ill will? Well, that's an interesting question. I did get what I ordered and paid for in the end. However, It took 2+ years to do so, with absolutely no direct communication. We were fairly friendly before this happened, and I was a big supporter of his when he started out. But his lack of dialog absolutely killed that relationship. It makes me sad, the loss of that connection. But it also makes me very angry. Why won't creators learn that communication is paramount?! I wouldn't have minded waiting 2-3 years if he would have just SAID SOMETHING. And then when a few people asked for refunds, he said no, they shipped. I'm very forgiving. But if I don't know what's going on, I assume you're either lying, cheating, hiding, or all of the above. And because you don't communicate, you have no way to prove me wrong.

So, Do I like the figure? Yes.

Was it worth it? No.

Will I support Nonnef in the future? No way in Hell.

Side note, I just checked the tracking number. It took him 20 days from printing the label to shipping it out. I have yet to meet anyone in the "First wave" shipment. I still don't believe that wave exists. Just kind of interesting
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  14. Rewind

Rewind Swoosh!

News Credits:
    More up on his site, I ordered a couple spares. Skipping the pink one though. I like Rosanna but not in the MTMTE style.

15. Scaleface

Scaleface Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Well, HOPEFULLY once he got the production running he could continue to make more and more. I would not mind SG Rewind colors.

16. hardreturn

hardreturn Ian Reid

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    that seems like a horrible way to live, and i'm sorry that life taught you to feel that way.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Hoffman

Hoffman Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well, to be fair, if you're trying to communicate and being ignored, I'd probably start to feel the same way.

18. hardreturn

hardreturn Ian Reid

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    i ordered 2 and at no point felt that way. still haven't got them but trust that i will.

19. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002

News Credits:
    In the last two years I've noticed people are more forgiving in lack of communication from larger 3rd party companies than from little organizations

20. NothingHead

NothingHead Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Uh, no. That's called prudence.

Anyway, I feel I need to reinforce that the problem here wasn't so much the time it took, or the quality of the item, or the lack of communication. It was the straight-up, flat-out, bald-faced lying. He lied, over and over and over. At any point, he could have fessed up about his issues, but he didn't.

• Like Like x 1