Non-G1 characters you would love to get new figures

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by PrimeSlave, Jan 12, 2019.

?

Enough with the fan-fantasies?

1. It's over, dreamers

4 vote(s)
    21.1%
  2. NEVER!

15 vote(s)
    78.9%
  1. lordcryotek

lordcryotek M'Hael

I want more CHUG-ified Animated, Unicron Trilogy, and Prime figures. Reveal the Shield was a glorious time to be a collector, we need more lines like that.

• Like Like x 2
  2. rootytooty

rootytooty Well-Known Member

Updated versions of G2 Roadblock and Dirtbag.

• Like Like x 1
  3. shockwavedalek

shockwavedalek Well-Known Member

I know it's unlikely. But given that it was a Japanese produced cartoon who knows if there's demand for it over there. I would love a masterpiece armada optimus with trailer and sparkplug.

I think it would be really interesting figure and given that armada is nearing it's 20th anniversary in a few years.

I also though of a way they could get around having unsightly minion ports all over the figure. Have strong magnets just beneath the plastic it wouldn't hinder the figure in it's articulation or transformation and would allow for the powerlink gimmick.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Dann86

Dann86 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I would like to see a BigBang figure made cause the ult truck mode looks amazing in the concepts

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  5. DocSeth81

DocSeth81 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    G2-
    Rapido (deluxe)
    Skram (deluxe)
    Windbreaker (deluxe)
    Turbofire (deluxe)
    Windrazor (deluxe)
    Afterburner (deluxe)
    Terradive (deluxe)
    Eagle Eye (deluxe)

Beast Wars

Season 1 Optimus Primal (large deluxe or small voyager)
    Dinobot 1 (Large Deluxe or small voyager)
    Tigatron (voyager)
    Airrazor (small deluxe like CHUG Rattrap)
    Inferno (voyager)
    TM Tarantulas (deluxe)
    Tigerhawk (leader)
    TM2 Blackarachnia (deluxe)
    Silverbolt (large deluxe, but def not voyager)
    Terrorsaur (deluxe)
    TM2 Cheetor (deluxe)

Beast Machines

Rattrap (scout or small deluxe)
    Silverbolt (deluxe or voyager)
    Tankor (leader)
    Jetstorm (deluxe)
    Season 1 Megatron (leader if not bigger)
    Optimal Megatron (come on this one is so easy to do, just give POTP Optimal Optimus a new head and retool the inner robot)

RID I

the 3 predacons (each deluxe)
    Runination (just release the UW Baldigius)
    Towline (voyager)
    the race car (deluxe)
    Rail Racer (the combined form should be as big as a CW/POTP Combiner)

Armada

Demolisher (deluxe)
    Tidal Wave (bigger than Leader but not titan)
    Thrust (deluxe)

Energon

Alpha Q (deluxe)

Animated

none, even in a CHUG aesthetic

Prime

Airachnid (deluxe) (just because the actual one is so bad)
    Insecticon (voyager or leader)

• Like Like x 2
  6. Flash1087

Flash1087 Maybe in an Alternate Dimension

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I still love most of the Car Robots series, but I wouldn't turn down a new version of Fire Convoy. He's one of my favorite incarnations of Prime/Convoy and I'd love one that fits a little better with modern designs.

Aside from him, I also really really want updated versions of some of the G2-only characters, like Rapido's team and the original series of Go-Bots before they all becam G1 characters.

• Like Like x 1
  7. DocSeth81

DocSeth81 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    the car brothers from Car Robots/RID actually hold up pretty well. not perfect, but enough where I don't think they need to make new versions.

gobots i'd be all for!

leader1
    Turbo
    Scooter
    Pathfinder

Cykill
    Cop-Tur
    Crasher
    Fitor

and also make the power suits so the 4 gobots could "combine"

• Like Like x 2
  8. DecepticusPrime

DecepticusPrime "Essential" Personnel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Generations style Armada Red Alert and armada Smokescreen. He deserves a new toy. But not in Siege style so alas it will never happen

• Like Like x 1
  9. Flash1087

Flash1087 Maybe in an Alternate Dimension

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Whille I was referring to these guys Go-Bot (G2) - Transformers Wiki I could never begrudge a Gobots update so I can get a new Crasher.

• Like Like x 1
  10. PrimeSlave

PrimeSlave Well-Known Member

And if such thing happened and I could throw in another wave, it would be something like this... I mean, not all of these are stuff I'm personally craving for, but I think these are somewhat realistic fantasies of what kind of figures you might wishfully expect if Hasbro/Takara really gave different series 1-3 release waves in Generations/whatever line.

So, let's add something like Armada Blurr and some RID bots or something to the first wave mentioned above. And here goes the second:

Deluxe
    Beast Wars Blackarachnia
    Another design that would actually be rather interesting to see as a modernized figure. Not really my favourite, but I think it could work well anyway and hey, Silverbolt and Blackarachnia two-pack, how cute!

Armada/Energon Cyclonus
    Another neat design that might work very well with much more dynamic engineering.

Animated Prowl
    Giving this character concept and design a more "serious" take would be interesting to see, at least. Why not, I guess!

Voyager
    BWII Lio Convoy
    We've seen attempts here and there from Leobreaker repaints to the one that shares the mold with TR Alpha Trion, but to give Lio Convoy one definite voyager class release wouldn't hurt... There's a lot of potential here.

Cybertron Vector Prime
    We haven't seen too many ancient Primes or any ancient Transformers and this design does deserve a modern design-treatment. I wouldn't mind if they heavily re-designed the transformation, mainly the formation of his cape-backpack and made him a bit more dynamic overall. Nothing too complicated, but just something to make him a bit more interesting. A detailed sword accessory into the mix and what a epic voyager figure we'd have!

Leader
    Armada Tidal Wave
    The original figure is one of the better Armada-gimmickformers, especially when it comes to "play-value" and the design is a very interesting one and nothing too similar hasn't really been done over the years, so here's one that I could seriously see happening at one point, either as an Armada tribute or if they'll use the basic design/concept in some upcoming Transformers media. In any case, give him good articulation, show-accurate paintjob and take some inspiration from that Armada game where he was truly a massive force and there you go, what a leader figure! You can keep the minicon ports and add some 5mm holes so you can also peg some weapons to him. What a beast.

Beast Wars (Transmetal II) Megatron
    Considering we have PotP Optimal Optimus already, it'd be rather logical. And if done right, both modes could look very impressive. I wouldn't complain if they foud a way to give him two normal arms instead of a dragon head one, but considering that beast head arm is a iconic part of any BW Megatron... yeah, either way, it'd be cool!

• Like Like x 3
  11. Ae38

Ae38 Well-Known Member

I'd love a leader Lugnut similar to the RTS one, or an OSKO of the old Voyager from one of those high end Chinese companies.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  12. RodimusRex

RodimusRex Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    A few more:

Blackarachnia from Star Trek vs. Transformers. The helicopter mode is cool. Kinda fits with the old Botcon sets.

Headmaster from Animated with Titan Master compatibility in the Battle Master scale with a vehicle. Honestly, you could get into a whole “Human Alliance” territory here.

Sentinel Prime from Animated. Call him Sentinel Major/Minor/Maximus to avoid comparison with the orange guy. I want to see him done in a non-animated style. I wouldn’t object to a Hound retool though he should be Voyager, really. Maybe a Springer retool depending on how he’s deco’d.

Likewise an animated Prowl homage even if you name it something else so he can coexist with G1 Prowl. Roadblock comes to mind as one possible name. Longarm or Bulletproof, maybe.

On a related note: Armada Sideways, possible shared engineering with Animated Prowl but with a Titan Master port and two heads with storage in vehicle mode.

Cogman. I’d like to see a Generations style take. Less angled/busy. I think he’d have Muttonchops and a large midsection. Maybe as a Springer retool depending on how they do Springer and if he has a car mode that could be retooled as more elegant.

I feel like TR Galvatron into Energon Megatron was an easy redeco they passed on and if they tooled out the TM gimmick, did some minor greebling, improved the hands, and gave him a better head, it’d be a huge win (and something they could deco back into a Galvatron).

The RiD/CR Car Brothers in Siege form. I wouldn’t object to a design overhaul or, again, renaming Prowl. I would actually dig this as a Select Wave from, say, Siege Sideswipe as Prowl, Ironhide as X-Brawn, and maybe Prowl as Sideburn.

On a related note: I love that we seem to be getting G2 Sideswipe. There are a few other decos I’d love to see as homages. Car Robots/RiD Ironhide with the cow camo, Bay Ratchet in bright green, Action Master/Shattered Glass Thundercracker.

• Like Like x 1
  13. LegoLover58

LegoLover58 Bumblebee Gourmet

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Slipstream because I refuse to pay $90 for what is ultimately a Windblade retool.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Superquad7

Superquad7 OCP Police Crime Prevention Unit 001 Super Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Armada Hot Shot deserves a REALLY well-made figure.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Rubytarn

Rubytarn Well-Known Member

YouTube (Legacy):
    I’m still really hoping some how we can get updates of the turbomasters & predators in seige or generations selects

• Like Like x 1
  16. DashCourageous

DashCourageous Greetings Programs!

Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Omnibots.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Content Contributor Veteran

News Credits:
    • Prime Skyquake/Dreadwing: their best figures are from Prime-Cyberverse! Their voyagers had decent robot modes but WHY THE HELL WAS THERE SO MUCH PVC USED...from the head to the vertical stabilizers! Gahhhh!!!!!
    • Prime voyager Megatron deserves a new figure with a torso that CLIPS together rather than tabs that can't stay tabbed worth a damn and also bicep swivels!
    • Prime Knockdown needs a better figure because it just does. Awesome character, not-awesome toy.
    • Armada Prime ought to get a new leader figure fully articulated in both cab robot and combined modes.
    • ANIMATED SUPREME OMEGA SUPREME

• Like Like x 1