Nomad's collection thread - Building a Mystery :)

Discussion in 'Transformers Collection Showcase' started by TrueNomadSkies, Jan 2, 2012.

1. seali_me

seali_me RIP January 2018

I know you have more. Need to see more. Awesome collection and display case. Also which room do you have them displayed or are they scattered throughout the home?

2. TrueNomadSkies

TrueNomadSkies Airachnid's ratservant

News Credits:
    I've got a few more that weren't pictured at the time, but they're all in my bedroom. The others are scattered about on my computer desk (Darksteel, FE Prime, FE Megatron) & mixed into the Unicron display now(Jazz, Cliffjumper, Tracks, Crankcase + some smaller guys), and then there's a few sitting on my side tables (ROTF Lockdown, Animated Blackarachnia, Robot Master Psych-Orb)because well... I'm currently reorganizing a bunch of shit & there was some open space there hah.

Once I clean up all of the clutter it shouldn't be a problem (I'd have been done by now, but got distracted with a bunch of more pressing shit & have just been sitting on the hoard for a couple of weeks), but for now it's really a battle of open space, especially since I'm intending on retaining the Power Ranger displays I've set up as well. There's also a bunch of random action figures on my desk as well that I have no idea where they'll go, and I guess the same goes for the Ben 10 Hybreed vinyl toy I picked up on the weekend along with Darksteel. I bought one for my cousin last week, but liked it so much that I snagged one for myself as well. The thing was only 12 bucks so I said fuck it, especially since it's pretty detailed & to me anyway, stands out as a real throwback of the horror toys that I've literally never seen anywhere except online & in specialty shops.

3. seali_me

seali_me RIP January 2018

I tried separating my TFs. I couldn't stand it. I tried displaying only some, I didn't line it either.

4. Kevin XI

Kevin XI Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If you did, you could be like cribs and say "This is where the magic happens."
    Your Unicron is cooler than mine.:( 
    I like that shelf, with the doors that fold up into the tops there.
    You have a bunch of nice toys. :thumb 

5. TrueNomadSkies

News Credits:
    Thanks broski, and hopefully I'll have the new pics up in the next couple of days. I've just been holding off because there's a bunch of shit that I don't exactly have a place for yet, and probably won't have displayable space for until I work out some shelves.

Also, I may have the newer Unicron, but you've got Predaking & Primus, not to mention that Animated collection, so... I think you've still got this haha. :) 

6. Hursticon

Hursticon Emissary of OZformers.

News Credits:
    Man Nomad, that is one very precise and interesting collection! :eek: 

It's amazingly well displayed too as I really like how you've used comics to line the backs of some of the shelves, it's a very creative approach IMO :cool: ; You also seem to be rather selective in the figures you collect as beyond the very healthy showing of Beast Wars figures :) thumbs2:) , you clearly also like your G2 stuff of whom I'm incredibly envious of your G2 Sideswipe figure man! - He was one of my most favourite figures as a kid. :eek: :) 

The fact that they're all also hidden away by glass overhanging doors, tops of a very stunning display unit too :wink: ; You have no idea how much I wish I could have some glass-doored cabinets, as my 82y/o home is an absolute magnet for dust! :( :tongue: 

That Dark-Jetfire is just teasing me too dude! :D 

Last edited: May 2, 2012
  7. TFW10

TFW10 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Thanks for sharing, I love you placed them in glass shelves so they won't get dusty.

8. HeroicC300

HeroicC300 Chats with Artists

News Credits:
    Sweet collection.

I find it funny that HA Basic Icepick is the one HA Basic everyone wants to own.

9. TrueNomadSkies

News Credits:
    Icepick is amazing (and most definitely worthy of being a central focal point), but I remember hearing some very mixed opinions about him not too long ago. I guess that's only natural, but there just aren't enough good things to say about it. Yeah, the chainsaw mode is stupid, but it's got a very unique & practal alt mode, the robot mode follows suit, the white colour is probably the best I've seen on a transformer, and the angles make almost any pose look dynamic, even if you have him just standing there. Plus, the legs are flexible as fuck (as seen in my pic), the weapons have multiple ways to use or otherwise hold em, the minicon thing on his arm adds a nice touch of asymmetry, and the small touches of colour make it stand out regardless. If there was ever a way for the scout size in itself to go out, it'd be with Icepick, and his bio even mentions stuff about losing his combiner team or whatever & going onto other things, which totally explains his new form & fact that he's with a human dude.

Moving to the cabinet, G2 Sideswipe was my 1st transformer (picked him out when I was little couse what's better than a black lambo?), and while he's missing half of the spoiler & the side windows (effectively making him an Action Master), I somehow managed to avoid breaking anything or losing his gun through all these years which still amazes me, especially since I took this guy everywhere with me. Granted, he's still in worse shape than Slag who I always kept at home & whatnot, but you'd think Sideswipe would be in pieces by now.

Plus, the G2 toys in themselves were what was around when I started collecting as a kid (I was born in 87, so G1 toys had dried up by then), so that's the line most of my early shit came from. Also about the comics, these played just as much of a role in my childhood as the toys did, especially since I didn't have cable until maybe grade 4 and wasn't into much else until Power Rangers came out... so why not use em as a backdrop behind the glass? In either case, that cabinet is just as much an item in my collection of sorts as what's in it, and I didn't even have this shit displayed when I bought it. I used to have like, 1 shelf for junk, one for books, one for games, and then just the top one for random figures. That ratio didn't last too long, though. :) 

... and yeah, the Dark Skyfire is one of my top 5, easily. KOtoys really came through for me, they did. :) 

10. Lightningforce

Lightningforce Active Member

Since you took the time out to comment on my collection, its only fair I do the same. I'm glad I did to. You have some cracking stuff!

11. TrueNomadSkies

News Credits:
    Thanks broski, and I think by default we all have crack. If I had more money & space, I'd probably have an entire swarm of HA Icepick drones acting like my arctic Vehicons, but unless I found a hoard of em for sale at like 3 bucks or something (as the regular 10-15 I'd be paying for em individually is less favorable) it just wouldn't hold enough of a luster I'm afraid.

12. SydneyY

SydneyY @syd_tfw Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Nice setup :)  Like Hursticon said, comic books as backdrop is a neat idea. I might do the same with my Star Wars stuff :D 

13. TWINTURBO

TWINTURBO Mandiprime97's badass :)

Looks great!! :)  Nice work my friend

14. TrueNomadSkies

News Credits:
    Thanks guys, and I might end up framing a bunch of my other comics & Yugioh playmats to hang on the wall. Like, a couple of my mats are pretty much collector items in themselves that I never take to tournaments anyway (plus, they have really cool artwork which is the main reason I even collect em), so they'd probably serve me better on the wall than rolled up in a drawer.

I'll post all of em when I get around to updating things, but here are a couple of my favorites. :) 

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. TrueNomadSkies

News Credits:
    ... and I figure this is as good of a time as any to bump my thread with new pics in the OP. I'll probably reshoot the Megazord one at night so it's a little less shitty, but welcome to my hoard. :) 

16. seekerblackout

seekerblackout Banned

Oooooh, I'm jelly of your FE Starscream and Cliffjumper. Also like how you pose your ROTF Mixmaster.

Oh, and Laserbeak is postioned incorrectly on TFP Soundwave's chest. His wings move inward and rotate up into those empty gaps to make him look more like a part of Soundwave.

17. TrueNomadSkies

News Credits:
    I know it's supposed to fold up differently (sort of how a bunch of stuff on Mixmaster is technically mistransformed), but I find that I like it better that way for whatever reason. Got the idea from one of TJ Duckett's Soundwave photos & haven't looked back since. :) 

18. Kevin XI

Kevin XI Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I used to have that same red & black Batman guy you have next to that Mummies Alive! guy. But what's that big white thing in the middle of them? It looks kinda Ben 10ish.

Way to diversify your portfolio. Well done, sir.

19. TrueNomadSkies

News Credits:
    That's been my favorite Batman figure since pretty much the 1st day I got it. Still have the trading card/weapon/missile for it, too. There were a few repaints (I also have the Ultra Armor version in a box with the few action figures that I keep away from my cousin hah), but that one's (the red figure) a Legends of Batman - Knightquest Batman. I'm sure you can find him for like 10-15 bucks nowdays, possibly even still sealed. If I find somewhere to put that deluxe classics Optimus, his spot will go to my Catwoman from the same set.

Also, you're totally right about the white dude in the middle being a Ben10 toy. I'd originally bought one for my cousin while back, but it was only like 12 bucks+tax, so I nabbed one for myself during a toy haul later on. I mostly just collect TFs now, but I've always liked that character model & the toy looks like it could be a Power Ranger villain (Bandai for you), so I caved. Plus, I was also quite surprised at how detailed it was. Really hope it doesn't start to yellow, though.