No Twins in DOTM?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by caldo15, Feb 21, 2011.

1. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Searching for the Infin-Honey Stones

News Credits:
    I am legitimately sorry that other people just had to ruin it for you.

2. RebelMan

RebelMan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  3. Paxtin

Paxtin ...

It's not really other people's fault, to be honest. The biggest problem I have is that as much as I'd like to, I actually can't in good faith argue a lot of the points brought against the movie universe. And I don't really have it in me to enjoy it on a schadenfreude level, either.

Maybe if it wasn't Peter Culen doing the vocie for this Prime, I could get behind this just being the Shadered Glass movie universe Prime. But because it's Cullen, the whole psycho murderer image this versions has been marked with just makes me sad. :( 

4. DecepticonSpike

DecepticonSpike Member of the Scrappy Doo Fan Club

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
  5. Jolt Customs

Jolt Customs Seacon

i hope the buddy characters are actually Ratchet and Wheeljack

6. Awesomus Prime

Awesomus Prime I rise, you fall.

News Credits:
    I dunno, Paxtin. Sounds to me like you let other people drag you down...

And what "points brought against the movie universe" are you referring to exactly...?

7. Paxtin

Paxtin ...

Only the smart ones.

A lot. But I pretty much covered the ones that bug me the most. Basically the fact that movie Prime and the Autobots are a bunch of crazy violent assholes.

8. Awesomus Prime

News Credits:
    I disagree with that... a lot. But, to each his own, I suppose. If you don't wanna go see DOTM (even though I'm certain you will anyway :p ), just because other people bitched about the other 2 movies repeatedly, then that's your prerogative. Nothing I say is likely going to change your mind on the subject, so I'll just leave it at that.

I, for one, don't give a damn what anyone else thinks and am totally stoked for the third movie. ROTF was a misstep... BIG TIME. But, TF1 is still excellent, in my opinion, and DOTM is starting to look and sound more and more promising.

9. Paxtin

Paxtin ...

I disagreed with that too...A lot. But after awhile I took a good look at the evidence and realized I didn't have a leg to stand on. My arguments were little more then me just sticking my thumbs into my ears and going: "La la la la la la"...

Oh I wont. But its not like it'll take much not to see a movie. For various reasons in the past few months I'v missed out on movies I actually really wanted to see. So not seeing DOTM will be no big deal.

Who knows though, I might catch it a few years from now when it airs on TNT.

I'm happy for you. Really. I don't mean that in a snarky way, like most people do, either. I'm glad you can still enjoy these films. I lost that innocence.

10. Prime82

Prime82 Optimus knows all

The prequel comics are cool but I wouldn't tie anything about them into the movie because often it just confuses you.

11. darthrage

darthrage Leader Class

News Credits:
  12. Awesomus Prime

News Credits:
    Innocence? It's Transformers. We're not discussing politics or religion here, or anything...

You claim you didn't have a leg to stand on for your arguments, but it's all subjective. All discussions regarding these movies (and Transformers as a whole) are opinion-based. There's no "evidence" of anything.

No one proved you wrong about anything either. It just seems that all of the bitching eventually got to you, and you just got tired, gave up, and allowed your personal opinion to be swayed...

If you like the movies, then like them, without feeling the need to justify yourself. It's your honest opinion and it deserves the respect of others. If you dislike the movies, then avoid them and acknowledge and respect the opinions of those who do like them.

13. Kurai Prime

Kurai Prime Well-Known Member

Holy shiz. Is that really you (I'm subbed, big fan)?!

Back on topic- I completely agree, the Twins didn't bother me at all in ROTF and I found their slapstick humor a great add to the movie. While it could be toned down a bit, I think Bay should keep the characters, he did say he loved them, right? Who's to let the very few who hated them to decide?

14. Paxtin

Paxtin ...

I usually agree with that. But subjective opinion can only go so far.
    As for "evidence", no one can argue that Prime didn't in fact walk up to a broken Con and shoot him in the face. Or that he tore another one's face open, with hooks no less. Or that he even specifically asked for the fallen's face before ripping it off.
    I don't like to admit it either,(I tried to deny it for the longest time) but movie Optimus is in fact violently insane.

Well actually yes, I was in fact proven wrong. I mean all the bitching can get to one after awhile, too. But the real issue lies in the fact that I really couldn't argue with some of the points after I honestly stopped and looked at the facts. Even if I'd like to. but then I'd just be full of BS.

I don't like the movies. Not anymore, anyway. I still kind of like the toys and character designs. But the films themselves are not any fun for me anymore. That's my honest opinion.
    As for respect of opinion...When did that start happening? The only way to get respect for one's opinion is by justifing it. Or by just hanging around others who agree with you.

15. Awesomus Prime

News Credits:
    Wow, they really did a number on you, Paxtin, ol' buddy. You spirit sounds so broken...

Yes, that did happen... in ROTF - the bad movie that was rushed and poorly written. It was pretty crappy. There's no denying that (Michael Bay and the writers certainly aren't). There were a lot of mistakes made in it. But, I fail to see how that affects the quality of TF1 and DOTM. The Autobots didn't exhibit any of that out-of-character behavior in the first film. That's because it was actually well-written (in my opinion). You're letting a misstep ruin the entire series for you, which is sad. Hell, DOTM probably won't even make any reference to ROTF.

My justification for liking TF1 is that it's a fun, exciting, and very enjoyable movie. My justification for liking ROTF doesn't exist, because I don't like ROTF that much (save for a few cool fights, some music, and some ideas that were used)...

I look at the movies separately from one another.
    I thought that Star Wars: Episodes I & II were crap, but I love Episodes III, IV, V, and VI. I didn't let a few screw-ups ruin the big picture for me, and you shouldn't either. :) 

16. Paxtin

Paxtin ...

One of us...One of us...One of us...

Cause it's the same movie franchise...It may have been poorly written, but it's cannon now.

I didn't think so either the first time. But then post ROTF you look again and you have Bee "peeing on people. Ironhide talking about killing Sam's parents. And of course Prime putting his blade through Bonecrusher's head. A precursor of things to come.

That's nice for you. As I've said, the movies just arn't fun for me anymore.

Funny you should bring up Star Wars. That's another movie franchise I don't really enjoy anymore.

17. Awesomus Prime

News Credits:
    Temple of Doom didn't affect the quality of Raiders of the Lost Arc and The Last Crusade, and it was released inbetween them as well. That's the beauty of a movie series with one-shot stories. If one sucks, it doesn't affect the other movies.

Then, you truly are lost...

18. Hiraga

Hiraga BILL BILL BILL BILL BILL

News Credits:
    STFU, Temple of Doom was awesome.

19. Awesomus Prime

News Credits:
    :lol  I may not agree with what you say, good sir. But, I'll defend to the death your right to say it.

20. Paxtin

Paxtin ...

*cough-Crystal Skull-cough*