No Transformers 4 - That's Right I Said It

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Ironhide1706, Jan 19, 2012.

1. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    They can go longer than they have. Especially when each new installment has made MORE than the last.

Hollywood never pre-emptively gets off the horse. They certainly don't get off the horse while it still seems to be increasing in speed. They will wait until they release one that doesn't meet their projections. One that doesn't make more than the previous movie did. One that wasn't their top-grossing film of the year.

I agree with you that they will abandon the franchise as if it never existed as soon as it ceases to be healthy. But no one at Paramount can be delusional enough to think they are at that point NOW, when all numbers point to a continued up-swing.

2. SamWitwickyGirl

SamWitwickyGirl Banned

News Credits:
    Not another one of these threads...Why don't I open
    another thread saying "A Transformers 4 Must come!"
    No offense...

3. thecollector

thecollector Will pet your dog

Because the arguments for/against TF4 have been done many times now...

4. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    This thread will certainly end well!:lol 

5. SamWitwickyGirl

SamWitwickyGirl Banned

News Credits:
    but this is just another one of those...ergh. It will just cause another argument..

6. SuperJazz

SuperJazz Dictator of my Dimension

[​IMG]

7. Ironhide1706

Ironhide1706 Elessar Telcontar

You just did this morning pretty much. The premise was not that it must come but your posts in the thread made it quite clear. Also, this idea hasn't been put forward before. I do not wish for this to turn from friendly discussion to a war between movie purists and the others. If you have no constructive comment to post please simply do not post at all. Off topic threads are usually victim to locking and I do not wish for my thread about a genuine and interesting theory be locked because of an uneccassary flame war. Thank you.

8. kaiserlisk

kaiserlisk Squid Kid

News Credits:
    Do we really need another one of these threads?

On the subject, I agree that plot-wise the movies would probably suck, unless the writers did some REEEEAAAALLLY creative thinking in reviving the Big Bads of the franchise.

However, I'm gonna have to say that I will vehemently support and enjoy a TF4 on uncompromisable terms, if it means we'll have more movie toys of the same aesthetic.

9. SamWitwickyGirl

SamWitwickyGirl Banned

News Credits:
    wow...don't have to get all nasty. Just sayin'.

also, i didnt start a new thread in a while. i havent been here in a while...? LOL LOL

10. Ironhide1706

Ironhide1706 Elessar Telcontar

I must have mistaken the dates as it was certainly you who created the Lorenzo thread and had quite the let's say backlash. And it is not just you, SuperJazz please stop with the movie hate in the movie forum in a movie thread about more movies around people who enjoy the movies. Thanks guys.

11. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    NEST was GI Joe.

12. Transformers991

Transformers991 Some guy

Nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnneeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeevvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvaaaaaaaa!!!

13. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    Obviously you do give a fuck, though, or you wouldn't keep jumping down the throats of people who expect a fourth movie and telling them to "accept (your distorted view of) reality".

14. Starwave

Starwave Herald of Unicron

I personally want a reboot a little later down the line. I personally don't care if they continue to crap out Bay movies. More toys for me, and that's all that I care about when it comes to these crappy movies, since I love the designs.

15. SuperJazz

SuperJazz Dictator of my Dimension

Or maybe your view of reality is distorted and a bunch of other people's is and i'm seeing clear as day! Ever consider that? Perception is an illusion, that's all I have to say! :D 

16. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    I pity the fool who doesn't like this idea.

17. Moy

Moy Constructicons!

News Credits:
    That's good for you.

18. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

With Hasbro having dreams of being a media powerhouse I don't see a mixing any time soon on the big screen. Hasbro wants more big films not fewer big films so by having Joes and Autobots separate that means if they can't have a Transformers film in the 4th of July release slot then they can try to have a GI Joe movie in that release slot.

Heck if Battleship can get a movie I'm shocked Hasbro hasn't tried to pitch a MASK movie yet.

Plus think of the down side. If they mixed live action GI Joe and live action Transformers that might mean we'd have to deal with Channing Tatum boring us all to death in both GI Joe and Transformers instead of limiting his damage to just GI Joe.

19. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    ^ Very much this. The Transformers characters have been sidelined enough with just NEST kicking about. Adding in Cobra and everything else to make a full-on GI Joe and TF movie would crash the TF to the sidelines even more. They'll essentially just be talking vehicles for the humans to use. Look at the comic crossovers between these two franchises - the TF come out of it badly almost everytime. The idea always sounds good initially but the execution of such never does the TF half of it justice. Now imagine it in a live-action movie with all the constraints that imposes.
    Besides, why would Hasbro want their two franchises used together when they probably make far more money separately? I love both Star Wars and Transformers but I greatly dislike the SW/TF crossover figures because the TF characters get the utter shaft in it. You'd think I'd have been all over them being a fan of both franchises but instead it had the total opposite effect.

20. ian5555

ian5555 Well-Known Member

The movie made over 1 Billion in box office receipts alone not including DVD sales and merchandising. To think we are not getting another movie to continue the series or reboot eventually is laughable. It's all about the $$.

Why mix two incredibly successful lines anyway? They both do fine on their own.