No plans for Ninja Turles 3

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by eagc7, Oct 30, 2016.

1. eagc7

eagc7 TF Movieverse fan

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
  2. Scrapper6

Scrapper6 Lord of Constructicons

Huh? Didn't it make tons of cash? Seems odd they'd do that.

EDIT: Ok, so I didn't realize it made such low earnings at the Box Office. Hmmm, this now sounds more plausible.

3. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

Really not that shocking considering how much Paramount poured into promoting the movie only to get such disappointing numbers both domestically and internationally. A third movie would just be throwing money away.

I don't know if it's really that shocking though when you look at the track record of other films. You can get good numbers on a first film by cashing in on pop culture names, but if you don't leave people really satisfied with that first movie they don't come back for more. There aren't many films that can just bounce back from people saying I wasn't totally happy with the last movie. I don't think it really helped that visually they were sending such mixed messages. Casey, Rocksteady, Bebop, Baxter, and Krang all looked like throw backs to an earlier era but the Turtles still had their creepy new look. It just didn't seem like a movie that knew what it wanted to be.

On the bright side maybe this will bump Megan Fox out of big movies and onto the Syfy movie of the week material.

4. Rodimus74

Rodimus74 Well-Known Member

Good.

• Like Like x 1
  5. SHINOBI03

SHINOBI03 Well-Known Member

Didn't sell enough toys?

6. QLRformer

QLRformer Seeker

News Credits:
    The films were okay IMO. Standard superhero fare which took elements from the TMNT story, and was reasonably faithful and enjoyable.

The problem is they couldn't get together a good origin for the mutated animals, which really spoiled things.

The first film took from Rise of the Planet of the Apes (animals used as lab subjects for a new medication, that grants them intelligence and humanoid capability) and The Amazing Spider-Man (lizard-like humanoids, fight on a tower), and also from the IDW TMNT comics (Turtles and Splinter raised in a lab, the reincarnations of Hamato Yoshi and his four dead sons). But they removed Hamato Yoshi, so it didn't feel right.

The second film did a little better IMO with introducing Bebop and Rocksteady and Krang, and slightly embracing its cartoonish cowabunga crazy nature. And then they used a different mutagen origin: inside every human there's a dormant animal gene from an animal ancestor, and the Mutagen Ooze allows that gene to dominate the human and turn into its respective ancestor. Thus, Bebop and Rocksteady evolved from warthogs and rhinos and the Turtles could evolve into humans if the mutagen was altered. That logic makes no damn sense, even for 1980s Ninja Turtles which was over-the-top.

Also, the Shredder was underused in both films. In the first film he was the stepfather some white businessman who wanted to use the mutagen to kill people and then make a cure to sell to people, becoming stupid rich (his own words). Actually, the white dude was supposed to be the Shredder but people complained so they brought in a Japanese actor.
    The second film kept him Japanese, but had him be Krang's errand boy and later slave, and didn't even give him good armor or a fight with the Turtles IMO.

I have to admit, I don't know where the third film could have gone. Would it be Turtles in time (again), or Turtles in space?

Anyway that's it for Michael Bay's TMNT. He should find a cartoon with a better backstory to adapt.

7. Starscream 91

Starscream 91 Mech With A Mouth

News Credits:
    Aw, that sucks. After seeing Out of the Shadows I was really hoping we'd get a third one.

As a Ninja Turtles fan I actually enjoyed these two films.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Murasame

Murasame 村雨

News Credits:
    Nice :) 

9. UltraAlanMagnus

UltraAlanMagnus See ya!

News Credits:
    Fuck. I really want to see more of Brad Garrett's Krang. He was Perfect.

• Like Like x 1
  10. MTME

MTME Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    May not have done what they wanted it to domestically but it still made money, and it definitely made money world wide box office which is what they look at when determining these things.
    I have to say I am surprised as I thought Paramount was boasting it as a success especially the second one since it was more critically received from the fans. (TMNT will never be a critical success with movie critics because they only look at things as either it will win an Oscar or it won't. It one thing isn't an Oscar contender then forget it, at least that's how it is with most critics)

11. Novaburnhilde

Novaburnhilde Lord High Governor

News Credits:
    Disappointing.

Sad to hear about this, as I enjoyed both films and I was looking forward to the third installment.

12. prfctcellrulz

prfctcellrulz Pokémon Trainer/WWE Champion

News Credits:
    Didn't see either of 'em.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Spiderus Prime

Spiderus Prime TFW SpongeBob and TTV's MS 2.0

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Wait..no third TMNT "Bay" movie, well that's sad I liked the first one never seen the second one.

14. Dr Kain

Dr Kain Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Good riddance. It's a shame that they had all of this potential to actually fix what was wrong with the first one and instead, they made it worse.

15. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    Should have made better Ninja Turtle movies.

Maybe now they can explore a live action 'immature radioactive samurai slugs' movie

Last edited: Oct 30, 2016
  16. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
  17. electronic456

electronic456 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I don't think the movies are bad but clearly there were a lot of problems since the production of the first movie. From the controversial alien reveal to Megan Fox to a laundry list of other problems. Then they messed up Casey Jones in the second movie along with Shredder not doing anything and Krang's voice.

18. Dr Kain

Dr Kain Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    The first one I thought was pretty decent. Not great, but not terrible. The second one though, yeah, as you said, they messed up Casey Jones, Shredder was pointless, and Krang felt tacked on. The only things I did like was Megan Fox cosplaying like the original comic book April in the opening bit of the movie and the way Mikey introduced everyone to Casey.

19. electronic456

electronic456 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If there's one thing about the movies that was done well I would say it's the turtles. Although I did like Bebop, Rocksteady and Baxter in the films as well.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2016
  20. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Well that's a shame given how Ninja Turtles-y the last movie was.

• Like Like x 1