No patch coming to fix online issues HM says...

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by Sideswipe80, Jul 22, 2010.

1. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    No kidding. One such problem is bullets not landing where the player places the reticle. It sucks to high heaven when your red reticle doesn't land a single hit.

2. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I was playing Campaign coop on 360 yesterday and I had it lock up twice (new slim model, so I doubt it's the system). Watched movies and played Limbo after and everything works fine. There's issues. Nothing that has annoyed me to death, except losing my progress, but I'd still like to see them addressed.

3. MaxLinden

MaxLinden Deceptipunk

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    YouTube:
    I think they should just stick to a lonnnnngggggggg story instead of multiplayer.... Like Bioshock 1!

4. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Prowl would not complain. Only thing I'd still like is Coop Multiplayer. But with the expectations kids have these days, them not including multiplayer would be like asking for the game to fail.

5. MaxLinden

MaxLinden Deceptipunk

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    YouTube:
    Ok, well coop is a good idea to keep.... But if they can't hold up servers well then whats the point of having them.

6. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    How many here had issues with co-op story play? The only issue I had was getting trapped between objects and falling through the floor—not a lot but a few times. Aside from that, everything felt and played pretty well. I'm in Japan and I did a bit co-op play with a buddy from the States and a guy from Australia with ZERO lag whatsoever:D 

7. Sideswipe80

Sideswipe80 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I have a minor bug with co-op and escalation. But nothing as bad as the other multiplayer modes.

8. Shizuka

Shizuka Optimus Prime's Scriptor

News Credits:
    I remember when everyone asked asked when a new game came out if there was online multiplayer. Sometimes it even comes first.

9. Cosmic Forge

Cosmic Forge Waiting for next TF game

Tee hee. Couldn't resist.

10. The Constructicon

The Constructicon Yeah, I turn into a leg.

Without the online multiplayer I wouldn't have go this game, the demo on the 360 sold it to me. Even with the great story I'd still say the multiplayer is more important to me.

11. Facemeat

Facemeat Give me your Face(meat)!

Maybe they don't have a fix yet. Do you really think they're going to announce something they may not be able to deliver on? Give it some time, it's not like you can't get into a match ever. I've already played about 14 hours online and I'm always having problems. I'm not saying it doesn't suck, but to me it's worth it. Gotta have patience.

12. shadowsfm

shadowsfm Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    after 30 days of bugs is a good excuse to be irritated and impatient, after 60 days is a good excuse to let go and move on

13. Jadryx

Jadryx Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Found this -

SDCC 2010: The Transformers Panel ? One Of Swords

"Tieg tackled a few valid questions: Why wasn’t Peter Cullen used for Ironhide’s voice? Because the characters were reimagined, and while they didn’t want to mess with Optimus, they took creative liberties with other characters. Will Zeta Prime and Dead End appear as DLC, as one website suggested they might? “Hasbro, Activision, and High Moon Studios are completely behind this game,” said Tieg, “and if the game continues to go on the track it’s going, we will continue to support it.”

And when asked about a common criticism — that the game doesn’t have enough ammo since enemies don’t drop it — Tieg said that issue didn’t come up during focus testing (and honestly, I didn’t find it a problem either) — but “It is not outside the realm of something we could patch” by putting more ammo in crates, maybe 300 units instead of 100 units. He described that as “not a big change” that could be implemented. He didn’t say if it would happen, of course, but it sounds like they’re aware and listening."

I really hope that part that I put in bold isn't just BS.

This too-
    http://oneofswords.com/2010/07/ask-matt-tieger-your-questions

I hope people actually ask good questions.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2010
  14. Airspeed

Airspeed Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I honestly have not had any online problems,My internet is pretty bad and most other games online dont work well,BUt WFC i have not had one problem .

Obviously i really want host migration that is IMHO the only problem.

15. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    ...are you saying those of us that have are making it up?

I'll never understand why others feel the need to say they haven't had any issues with online play while the vast majority says they have? The online play HAS issues. It, apparently, hasn't affected everyone, but most people. It doesn't happen every game, but it happens several times a time.

*Spider senses tingling* Someone's going to post "I haven't had any problems with online play, and I've had the game two weeks before it launched.

16. PlanckEpoch

PlanckEpoch Just a regular old plumbus

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Disc to install, actually. Disc and CD key. I just never had any problems myself in this matter.

As well, even on campaign I'm not seeing an ammo problem either. But, if High Moon is listening to those complaints, then who am I to argue?

17. MrSoundwaveGuy

MrSoundwaveGuy I've made a huge mistake

News Credits:

It does get pretty annoying when most of the discussion here is only about the issues with the games Multiplayer. But I suppose that's just me being hypocritical as I'd probably complain if I encountered online issues as well

18. seven

seven RIP Poopers 4-1993/5-2008

Or its the people who have the problems are the ones doing most of the posting. I don't think he was dismissing people who have had issues, but like him I haven't had very many issues at all. I'm not going to make threads or jump in and randomly post about how great my online games have been.

Theres no proven way to tell the percentage of people who are having crummy games to those that aren't. Like most things on the internet the negative is heard over the positive.

19. Soundwave4win

Soundwave4win Escalation Connoisseur

I would consider "Multiplayer issues" to ecompass all online features. I can't you how demoralizing it is to play a public game of escalation and the host quits/disconnects/freezes and everyone else loses their progress.

When I hear "Host migration for multiplayer" I hope they remember escalation as well.

20. Trailbreaker77

Trailbreaker77 Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Oh well, I will wait until the next double XP weekend finish up my MP ranks and then get rid of this game. I will not pay for DLC that I can only use online with their broke ass servers. Great single player game I loved it but the ammo was never an issue with me, maybe that should fix what does not work first.