No patch coming to fix online issues HM says...

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by Sideswipe80, Jul 22, 2010.

1. The Constructicon

The Constructicon Yeah, I turn into a leg.

Exactly, they also didn't say they that there will be more DLC after this first update. That doesn't mean there will be no more updates.

2. SentinelPrime

SentinelPrime I NEEDED THAT!

Ebay:
    If they are actually looking at things like people complaining about ammo, then they very well know about the online issues. Of course they will address it at some point if they are listening to small things like ammo.

I just hope it's soooon.

3. Sideswipe80

Sideswipe80 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If they were they would have said something about the online issues.

4. Sideswipe80

Sideswipe80 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Comic Con Panel

5. Deadend

Deadend Spark of Creation

News Credits:
    Cause no one asked at the panel the stuff that would have mentioned it.
    And even so, if it's too far ahead, they really can't say anything anyway.

Though I gotta admit, I'm still miffed no one thought to ask about PC DLC. How will they know we want it, if no one askes at these public forums to get people's attention along with tieger!

6. The Constructicon

The Constructicon Yeah, I turn into a leg.

They're not going to just volunteer that info if nobody asks, that doesn't mean they won't do something.

7. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot

News Credits:
    To go off topic a bit I'm sure they want to release the DLC to as many people as they can. The problem is lack of infrastructure to support it easily on PC and the resources to create such an infrastructure.

Yes, they could use Steam for the Steam copies of the game but then you would divide the already small PC users group. You likely can't use Steam for the DLC for physical copies of the game. They're likely rather different under the hood. That said I should also mention that I'm not an expert. I just know precedent and logic.

So in short the reason PC is denied DLC is because there is no Xbox Live or PSN to distribute it easily.

8. PlanckEpoch

PlanckEpoch Just a regular old plumbus

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Actually, you CAN use Steam for DLC for physical copies of the game. I know I have, as I have gotten the Stimulus package for Modern Warfare 2, which is a physical copy I went out and bought. The issue at hand is that the PC just isn't viewed as a priority market considering the vast majority of the people who play WfC online is on the consoles. Many games that are hosted by Steam also require a Steam log in to play. If War for Cybertron is the case, then you can guarantee that DLC CAN be bought on it. It's the case for MW2, for sure.

Also...people think there's an ammo problem? There's a perk for ammo, ammo drops off players and on the map, and skills like Ammo Matrix and Ammo Beacon...

9. Sioce

Sioce Radicon in training

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The server issues were the deal breaker for me.

The game is so great, but the online play is just too screwed for me to play it anymore.

10. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot

News Credits:
    Maybe it's changed but I've had problems with games when I mix and match online and physical. A lot of stuff just had to be specially made to be compatible.

Knowing developers I highly doubt they view the PC market as too small. Publishers I could see doing it but then why turn away money?

Anyway I shouldn't derail this thread further. My apologies.

11. Galaxy Convoy

Galaxy Convoy Well-Known Member

The extra ammo perk is a waste of a slot that can go to something more useful. Plus in most cases you get killed, and respawn with a fresh clip, before you can even burn that extra ammo up. So it doublely pointless.

And weapons drop off of players. Does you no good for ammo if you're not using the same gun. Yeah, there's ammo pick up's but everyone's always snapping those up. I've even had rude teammates in alt mode bulldoze me out of the way to get it first.

Ammo beacon's nice, but it's stationery. Not really useful for any of the modes where you don't stay in one place guarding something. Ammo Matrix is also nice, but if you're stuggling to get kill streaks with a Soldier(and some people do) you won't get to use it much.

Yeah, guns like the Scrapmaker won't benefit from the ammo patch much, but I can see it helping the guns with limited ammo, like the EMO Shotgun and Null Ray.

12. Starscream NZ

Starscream NZ Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Had my worst experience yet with multiplayer tonight, was having a good match and then just got horrible, horrible lag, got kicked out of game, managed to get back in only to be cut back out 10 seconds later. Gave up at that point, was just not worth it.

Also have issues playing Escalation if I try to host a private match with friends. Only lets maybe 1 person out of three in, same if they try hosting and inviting me.

13. Blitz.

Blitz. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It was a Q and A if no one asks their not going to give an answer.

14. Soundwave4win

Soundwave4win Escalation Connoisseur

I lol at your post :p 

15. seven

seven RIP Poopers 4-1993/5-2008

Did you use the disc to install or just enter you Product Key into Steam? I never touched the disc for my PC version.

Also, I'm a little out of the loop. I haven't had many problems online at all. A few host quits and some laggy games but thats the norm. Host advantage is pretty prominent but the smaller teams make that more obvious than other games.

Also, the Ammo issue being discussed above is for Campaign mode, I believe. Not heard of any complaints about Ammo in MP.

16. IceWilly

IceWilly Technobot

Wait, ammo patch for online? or single player only?

You get plenty of ammo online, and there are ammo pick ups EVERYWHERE. Seriously if you can't get full ammo and full health within 10 seconds of a fight, you need to learn the maps more.

That is one of the best things I learned in this game. Full ammo/health after every engagement. Hell I have run away midfight, got health, come back and finished them off.

17. Jadryx

Jadryx Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I've only had occasional problems with ammo in the campaign (usually when there are brutes....I just waste too many bullets!) but I don't have problems with multiplayer because I don't live long enough to run out of ammo! :) 

I wonder how they would patch this in campaign. Make it so the guns hold more ammo? Make more ammo pick ups? Have the enemies die in fewer shots (which is what the different difficulty levels are for, right?) Why is it that the minor stuff gets mentioned when there seem to be bigger problems that could use some work? (although those bigger problems likely required more work to fix too)

18. knightmare6

knightmare6 Reflector In Disguise

Ebay:
    High Moon can't fix server stability, because there is no server. Whoever is hosting the game is the server, which is why it's easy to find a modded game if someone is using a modded Xbox or coding (until they get caught) - found a game yesterday on Xbox with a Soundwave who was flying around like a Scientist in Team Deathmatch.

The best we can hope for is a host migration system (ala "Left 4 Dead 2"), but that still requires it to have been built in-game, and I can just imagine the problems that will cause in a game of ten people.

The only way to fix the connection issue is to make sure everyone in the game has their NATs open and have a good online host, with no torrents or anything running in the background that could consume bandwidth.

19. MegaHavok

MegaHavok Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    There is a very specific way to avoid the ammo issue.

It's called Aiming!!

There are bigger problems out there folks

20. SoljaRTT

SoljaRTT Well-Known Member

I agree with MegaHavok. I started playing the campaign on hard from the start and ammo was limited, but I never found it to be a massive problem. Even in the boss fights; ammo respawns at a fix location.

The biggest problem to me is the uneven teams when you're playing MP. 5 vs 3 isn't quite fair now is it. As well as a set of new MP characters to balance things out. Slipstream kinda breaks the game since she is thinner then other scientist, while Arcee is bigger then any scout, so the Autobots get kinda screwed.

And I don't know if it was me but I was fighting against a Shockwave and he kept one hit melee me when I'm a soldier while using the energon beam. The damage output on the beam is weak, but OHK melee doesn't seem right.