No one else watching 24?

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by Rodimus Prime, Jan 12, 2009.

1. Wreckgar

Wreckgar Anthony Stark Veteran

News Credits:
    I've been a huge fan of the show the entire time it's been on and the new season shows promise. It'll be interesting to see how far Jack will go this season. He's on the line so tightly that he could end up swinging for either team.

The whole CTU group thing is interesting as well and I have a feeling we'll see something strange develop there. I also think Tony and Jack will definately be at each other again before the end of the day.

It's funny, in four hours, Jack has gone from US Custody to being released to the FBI where he escapes and now works undercover for a terrorist organization while being hunted by the US again because they think he is rogue. God I love this show.

2. Rodimus Prime

Rodimus Prime Sola Gratia, Sola Fide TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I wondered how long until someone noticed. :D 

3. mineraljane

mineraljane Gravity Hugger

News Credits:
    See, this is exactly the sort of response from viewing this show that is unnerving. Folks in no way should take '24' as anything more than mindless entertainment, but when the writers obfuscate their intentions with pseudo-analysis (whether authentic or not), some will unfortunately use such "evidence" to buttress their already ill-conceived world views. (This is particularly true with themes centered on terrorism as they typically elicit rather primitive responses which have not been given the benefit of a single, thoroughly attentive thought.)

Of course, this is now veering into the political so I will leave the thread for good.

Enjoy the show!

4. Beastbot X

Beastbot X Old skool. In a lot of ways.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    This is all I'll say on the subject, but for you to say that means that you must have no idea that almost the entire main team of 24 is conservative or at least center-right. (Often for lunch the team will sit down and listen to Rush Limbaugh while they eat.) 24 is super-big with conservatives. It deals with inherently political topics, so of course the writers are going to have opinions on those political topics.

5. Rodimus Prime

Rodimus Prime Sola Gratia, Sola Fide TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I really don't think it's about conseravite or liberal. I think 24 appeals to people for the same reason Batman does: it's a hero who does what it takes to catch the bad guy and save innocent lives, and neither care about how something'll look to others or the politics of the situation.

Enough with the politics tho.

6. ChldsPlay

ChldsPlay Well-Known Member

So far it's ok. Nice to have a new local and get out of CTU and that stupid phone ring. Sorry to see the same old things popping up. Is it too much to ask that there not be a mole or people working on the inside just one season? Is it too much to ask to not have the President be surrounded by traitors? Just once please! Does Jack really always have to fight the terrorists AND the government EVERY season? Is there any originality?

7. Primus

Primus Beware, the modelers. Veteran

News Credits:
    I'm a huge fan of 24 as well, but I have to agree that Lost is the better show. The writing of Lost is amazing for the most part. There is so much more wonder then 24. I love 24 for what it is but I think Lost is the better written/cast/developed show by far.

Obviously that is just an opinion but it's an opinion from someone that has seen every episode of both shows.

8. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    this season has just been off the scale. And some how it just keeps getting thicker and more intense each week. This season is hands-down better than the last few, even though I quite enjoyed the first 5 seasons. I can't believe there's not discussion on it.

9. Wing alpha

Wing alpha <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and

honestly because Im probably too much of a cynic, but because I see a lot of unoriginality in this damn series, I see too much ineptitude from others than Jack...and sometimes his team, always full of moles, that make you wonder ,plots that are recyled... Its interesting but not exactly something to write home about.

10. pinoy78

pinoy78 Shoji Kawamori having FUN

This season has been a LOOOOOOOOOT better than the previous one.

...and Annie Wershing is 100% uber hotness.

11. Primus

Primus Beware, the modelers. Veteran

News Credits:
    I don't like her nose.

12. Wajo357

Wajo357 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I find it very entertaining and thrilling...
    It is hard to decide to watch 24 and tape Heroes or watch Heroes and tape 24!!!

13. saintsaucey

saintsaucey Member

New to the board after getting banned from the CBR board. expect to see me here a lot. I love this season of 24

14. Wreckgar

Wreckgar Anthony Stark Veteran

News Credits:
    I gave up on Heroes this season. I liked it last year but for some reason, just stopped caring.

I missed this week's episode but will probably watch it in a few minutes. I've been a fan of 24 since the first hour of day one. There is nothing like having a weekend 24 marathon at home.

15. pinoy78

pinoy78 Shoji Kawamori having FUN

I just saw the commercial for Monday's episode.

My waifu is making a guest appearance.

16. Kando

Kando Well-Known Member

I didn't really expect that ending tonight. I think my jaw dropped.

17. Batman

Batman The Dark Knight TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I was kind of expecting it for awhile now. It was nice to see Kim too. I think it is the first time she's been on in a few years.

18. Kando

Kando Well-Known Member

Well, I expected him to do something, but not kill him.

19. Batman

Batman The Dark Knight TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    He seemed to be pretty conflicted about it, but I guess he had to for his cause. I think they are going to build up a big showdown between him and Jack.

20. NemesisBruticus

NemesisBruticus Banned

TONY YOU SON OF A BITCH :(  :eek: