No more KO's on ebay???

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by ultraconvoy, May 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hotspot_2001

hotspot_2001 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It's amazing how many fewer auctions there are on ebay already. Just a few days ago there was almost 4,000 listings under the G1 section. At last check, there is less than 3,000 now.

Personally, I never had a problem with the KO's. I have no interest in them but if people want them it doesn't affect me. However, I am glad ebay is taking them down because it was always extremely annoying having to sift through page after page of them to locate the couple real G1 figures mixed in there.

2. Ceasar121

Ceasar121 Wants a Toxitron repaint!

News Credits:
    For those jumping on Noisemaze, LAY THE HELL OFF. Sometimes he annoys me too, but his point here is valid and this is a MESSAGE BOARD. Not a POSITIVE COMMENTS ONLY BOARD, but a message board. He is free to say what he wants.

Second, this blows. KOs only affect the untrained fan. Most people that collect TFs are trained enough to recognize them. And how many moms and dads are cruising ebay looking to buy 25 year old toys for their kids (being that most of the KOs removed were
    G1 KOs)? Even if they were, they're toys, not the collectors items we value them as, so if they break from play, wouldn't that be what happened with most of our TFs when we were children? I understand with stuff like the animated Prime KO, that was ridiculous. If hasbro just stepped it up and started reissuing the stuff they see being KO'd on ebay, Problem solved. When they announced the official Metroplex reissue at the same price, the KO's started to sit longer.

3. G1Prowl

G1Prowl Prick, apparently

News Credits:
    There are THREE different stores in the Lafayette area to play, but I also have two game tables in my garage. Best bet is to surf through one of those Rogue Trader flyers and just find someplace closer. And I didn't know you were from Indiana, I go to Kokomo every so often.

4. Kupp

Kupp Relic of a time before time. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Plays 40k as well.

As for the KO, I find some of them to be fine, but when they are passed off as G1 ones that is a serious matter. It is misleading to the consumer when someone tries to pass a KO as the real thing, and ebay needs it's consumers to be repeat customers. So I guess that is the bottom line.

5. DeathFrogurt

DeathFrogurt The frogurt is cursed!

This sucks for me personally because I was going to buy a KO Doubledealer, Lio Kaiser, Frenzy/Ratbat 2-pack, and Abominus with my next paycheck. Can the sellers re-list if they don't use the name of the original toy?

6. warriorpriest

warriorpriest Priest of Primus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    I agree. I have serval KOs in my sales thread which I plan on expanding, becuase I can still get them. However they are listed as KO. KO alts/binals, KO WST combiners, KO funny colored tapes, and if i want i can even get KO predakings and more. So ebay is not my first choice for KOs. And anyone that wants WST combiners or WST Fort Max, will have to go the KO route cause everyone knows they do not make them legit.
    And personally I would also rather ruin a KO then an orginal for a kitbash. I do not know how many times i almost messed up a legit toy for a custom. It is just way too easy.
    Plus a few of the sellers on ebay did list them as KO. So if you did not want to look at alot of the KO listinfs ebay has a way to take OUT listings with a keyword. Just put in "-KO" and any listing with KO in the title would be removed.

And again I would LOVE to have legits, but sometimes money is tight or they do not make it legit, and I go where I can. Do I pass them off as legit? HELL no. Even when my friends come over and they are like kool you have that, I tell them it is a KO, and if they want one I tell them how to get one.

7. warriorpriest

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Well said.

I play 40K as well, and well said on the rest.

Contact me via PM I may be able to help on a few of those. ;) 

8. shockwave_store

shockwave_store DECEPTICON BADASS

its about damn time. i hate those KO's. not only are they ugly, but from what i heard they are a piece of shit too. KO's dilute the market, not that the market isn't already diluted with reissues, reissues of reissues, and reissues of reissues of reissues, but i hope this clears the way of all the bullshit toys that are bootlegs that come from china:2c: 

9. mechabot-1

mechabot-1 Banned

my KO metrotitan is very sad now, I was also looking forward to getting the "corrected version" of the KO metrotitan they were talking about releasing down the road...now my garish friend will be the only on i get unless they release a ehobby one.

10. starscream.pt

starscream.pt Well-Known Member

does this also means that people who previously bought KO's on ebay can't get rid of them ON eBay? :lol  nice

i'm not either a KO hater or supporter, i have interest in black optimus, wheeljack and sunstreaker, also have the tapes which look awesome

60usd > 400usd this means price is good from ko to original, but to be honest, i'd never be truly happy if i did not have the original ones

11. shockwave_store

shockwave_store DECEPTICON BADASS

the originals are the best anyway, nothing more, nothing less:wink: 

12. starscream.pt

i agree, anyway, i wonder why the struggle is so big on transformers ko and not on star wars for example, i bought an r2d2 years ago thinking it was the original deal

13. warriorpriest

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Well not everyone thinks they are ulgy. Some are actually kinda kool. Plus not all of them are made with plastic that cracks apart just my holding it. I have had a few of those when i was younger. The actual quaility of KOs has gotten better. And as far as the market being diluted with reissues.....Well Hasbro has already done that. How many times now have they rereleased the G1 Prime??? hummmm......

14. DeathFrogurt

DeathFrogurt The frogurt is cursed!

So where do we get knockoffs now, if we want them? Besides brick & mortar stores, of course.

15. warriorpriest

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Kos are everywhere, but as this is a TF forum we are talking specifically TF. I personally would back in the day LOVE to find some cheap KO droids just to make custom figures out of. ;) 

16. starscream.pt

there will be some sites, i think ages 3 and up is one of them

17. warriorpriest

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:

I can get them. :D  :D  :D 

18. Chaos Sorcerer

Chaos Sorcerer Well-Known Member

I've got mixed feelings about the whole thing. Personally, I never get tired of the obnoxiously recolored/crazy retool kind of KOs.. those things always make me laugh.

But, on the other side of the coin, those "G1" reissues with the near exact box art and stuff make me very leery of buying one of those toys online at all.. not just packaged, but also loose as you could wind up with a KO. I'm sure it'd be easy enough to tell in person, but not every seller uses the most... honest pictures.

The ones that are too close I think are what called down Hasbro's Law Ninjas on the site. Of course, there are some toys that Has/Tak doesnt seem to ever plan on reissuing, so I can understand the allure of the KOs, they're filling a demand that's not being met... Admittedly I have one of the Optimus Prime KOs because I figure that for 60 bucks is as close as I'm ever going to get to an original US release Prime MISB. :lol 

19. Autobot_Goldbug

Autobot_Goldbug The REAL Goldbug

News Credits:
    Well since the TF movie was pretty popular I'm sure lots of parents are browsing ebay for any Transformer toy.

20. warriorpriest

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Yea but AS a parent I am not going to drop a wad of cash on an expensive toy. I as a parent I know kids want either the new thing or any TF if they are a fan. With the new thing there are not many KOs. Either way I would rather buy something I know I do not have to worry about them tearing up.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.