NO MORE HUMAN FACES MOVING FORWARD PLEASE. (POLL)

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Moy, Jul 6, 2017.

?

Humanoid, Cybertronian or a mix of both

1. Humanoid

13 vote(s)
    10.1%
  2. Cybertronian

31 vote(s)
    24.0%
  3. Mix of both

68 vote(s)
    52.7%
  4. I don't care

17 vote(s)
    13.2%
  1. Moy

Moy Constructicons!

News Credits:
    Aside from so many complaints the movies have received, telling apart things like noses and mouths was one. The most humanoid yet is Quintessa. A little more robotic features around her face wouldn't hurt. The only reason I can see her getting a pass is because she's a transformer goddess.

If they must have human facial features, I would prefer it be less obvious.

• Like Like x 1
  2. sladeprime

sladeprime MS Paint Transformer artist

News Credits:
    i totally agree. Optimus Prime is alright. the likes of Hound and Drift are too human to me.

• Like Like x 3
  3. Shizuka

Shizuka Optimus Prime's Scriptor

News Credits:
    We really don't know what Quintessa is though. But I see your point. Personally, I don't care but I will say that DOTM was the sweet spot.

• Like Like x 5
  4. Jazz1979

Jazz1979 Well-Known Member

The faces should be kept like in the IDW comics with a little bit more details.
    I dont like Deceptions looking like monsters or that some autobots have humanoid faces with beard or even wearing glasses and bold hair. That was dumb enough in G1 to have wreck gar, alpha trion and scourge having beard.

5. Livingdeaddan

Livingdeaddan DEFIANTLILHORDE

News Credits:
    Transformers have always had humanoid faces, so I don't see the problem.

My favourite face is probably Dino, but I like the look of the AOE bots. It's the best attempt at making them look like the comics and cartoon!

Jeez, we complained that Starscream didn't smirk, and now we hate Crosshairs because he can smirk?! Where are the lines drawn?! What's happening!!!?

I don't even know how to vote on the poll?! Humanoid or Cybertronian?! But drift is cybertronian, so his face is cybertronian. Who am i voting for if i say humanoid?! The ROTF pretender?

Last edited: Jul 6, 2017
    • Like Like x 10
  6. BarricadeLives

BarricadeLives i'm you! i'm your shadow!

hm i voted for cybertronian but im totally ok with both as long as there are both

idk i loved the look of the first 3 films but if you think about it, they are kinda like chameleons in a way so it may make sense for them to eventually look like us to appear more 'friendly' etc.

im ok with both...now..if we could go back to bee having radio voice...

7. AMG

AMG Old School

The bots are definitely getting too human looking for my taste. The first time I saw Drift I was like WTF?

transformers-extinction-drift-robotform.jpg

I'm not a fan.

• Like Like x 5
  8. Livingdeaddan

Livingdeaddan DEFIANTLILHORDE

News Credits:
    IMG_3623.JPG
    What about this drift? He has eyes and and a nose, a chin, he even has teeth.

• Like Like x 6
  9. BattleUpSaber

BattleUpSaber Result.

News Credits:
    First three movies- fans complain that they look too alien

New movies- fans complain that they look too human

Setting aside the obvious "fans will never be satisfied joke", I think the problem here is that the designers have been unable to find a balance between the two aesthetics. They should attempt to find some kind of middle ground, instead of overcorrecting and ending up on the complete opposite end of the spectrum.

• Like Like x 8
  10. BarricadeLives

i was gonna say...most of the transformers from the cartoon look very human iirc

• Like Like x 2
  11. AMG

AMG Old School

He doesn't look too human to me. He has sharp bot facial features.

12. Dark Skies

Dark Skies Autobot Megatron

I liked the more alien facial designs like Blackout, Barricade, and Soundwave and a few of the Autobots. Drift, Crosshairs, and Hound look out of place and need to be killed off or something because they are just unlikable in general for me.

• Like Like x 2
  13. AMG

AMG Old School

I miss Ratchet and Ironhide.

• Like Like x 7
  14. BarricadeLives

from watching the first film, you could never guess the cruel & brutal deaths both would receive :( 

• Like Like x 4
  15. Incepticon

Incepticon |-+-|

News Credits:
    Things got silly with Hound & Drift's overly human faces, but *everything* about Crosshairs from his face to his beyond stupid "clothes" hit an all new level of ridiculous.

• Like Like x 5
  16. jackgaughan

jackgaughan Banned

News Credits:
    Yeah I like seeing a big mess of a face and being told "look! look this is the cute character! look he has a dummy in his mouth and pisses!!"

17. Russian fan

Russian fan Proud Autobot Ally

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Haha, you're right! I always was asking myself, how do they speak if they're from metal?
    I would say something in the middle Drift's and Hound's faces maybe look too human, but Crosshairs is OK I think:cool:  I also don't like Megatron's new face, it's definitely too human. It's not good for decepticon commander.
    Thank you, dude, for this amazing Wulong shot, I was looking for it for years!:D 

18. flamepanther

flamepanther Interested, but not really

While I will agree that the more "human" faces in the movies are uncanny, I have to find this hilarious. Before Dark of the Moon, people were complaining that the Transformers' faces weren't human-like enough. Careful what you wish for! :D 

• Like Like x 1
  19. Incepticon

Incepticon |-+-|

News Credits:
    That's what made it so frustrating. The designers failed to land in the middle ground between one extreme of shattered metal insectoid bug bots and the other extreme of what ended up looking like bunches of guys in cosplay metal costumes.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Edwardmus Prime

Edwardmus Prime Righteous Protector of Ed-Land

I prefer human faces. It allows for greater expressiveness, which I find key to making these guys function well as characters. It's also Transformers tradition for them to have humanoid faces, so I wouldn't be here if I disliked them in any form.

Not too keen on the Decepticons looking like insects, arthropods and monsters either. It's just one of many ways these movies limit the Decepticons' roles, which is one of my biggest problems with the films.

Now, there is a place for them. I like variety. Planes, tow trucks, excavators, fat bots, skinny bots, knight bots and, yes, monster bots are fine by me if they spread the different themes out correctly. Monster bots are more a symptom than a disease. I have posted here several times that I find Onslaught, Dreadbot, Mohawk* and Nitro Zeus's designs cool. None are human, but all have cool alt modes that are distinct from one another's and if you keep it in the group, all are visually distinct. Berserker/Crankcase looked nicely ferocious. It's such a waste these guys weren't used more.

While I want expressive Transformers and characters, I also like variety. Damning humanoid faces seems ridiculous for me considering that I am a fan of the franchise at large and want expressive characters, but they are not the one and only option and I would be deprived of some of my favorites if I did think humanoids were the only option.

* However, if anyone's wondering (which they're probably not), if these guys were to make it to a cartoon/G1/CHUG, I would like them to go more humanoid in order to blend in better.

• Like Like x 2