No more bagspace. Keep going?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Chucez, Dec 3, 2016.

1. Rewbot12

Rewbot12 Well-Known Member

Store'em in plastic boxes.

In my current situation, displaying options are severely limited while in the case of storage, I'm still good.

In my previous home, I had no space problems, but I didn't want to display anything because of factors that made it unfeasible. Now that I'm in a much better home, except in the size/space department, I've been putting into practice, various space management methods.

For for packagings, I'd throw away the trays and just flatten the boxes and store them in plastic boxes. Though there would be a "special" few whose boxes remain complete/untouched. Usually 3P, exclusives or ones whom I got a special attachment to.

I have rectangular boxes of varying sizes with removable partitions/dividers; for all of them, the floors are matted with bubblewrap and I'd categorize these boxes depending on various criteria; I have one that's full of deluxe Autobots in their alt-modes, while I have a few smaller boxes full of legends/scout class figures and so on. Larger boxes are reserved for Voyager and Leader sizes or combiner teams.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2016
  2. MrAngry

MrAngry Proud to be Geek!

I'm sort of there now. My collection has spread from my overflowing office to our bedroom (its a mix of my stuff and my wife's gaming related figures).

I've slowed down purchases. I do have a few figs I put back in boxes to store for now, or sell. I've updated characters, stuff liek that. Also, some of my stuff was passed down to my son as I got better representations of characters, or we decided it fit his display better. Example: I got the G2 Menasor, he likes the G1 colors better, so I let him put that one in his display and kept the G2.

We're looking at a new house purchase now, and for the time being I will be losing my office space. My wife and I decided some shelves and DEtolfs will be put in the bedroom temporarily. We also don't like having our vintage game stuff out for everyone to see, since we have some pretty expensive stuff.

The new house has an addition on the garage thats basically a 2 bay garage with a single door. It's attached to the house via the attached garage, but its off away from the main house. It's already heavily wired, insulated, and prepped. So, we're going to convert it into a "nerd cave". All of our gaming stuff will go out there, my office gear, and the figures. It gives us a "family only" area where we can enjoy it all without it being out for everyone to see.

Until then, though, I need to make due with limiting purchases.