No mention of Sam

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Macross7, Jun 28, 2014.

1. Macross7

Macross7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I was sort of surprised there wasn't a mention of Sam in AOE. Mikela got one in DOTM. You'd think there would be at least a line from someone what happened to the main star of the first 3 movies. Could have been as simple as Prime saying "We were forced to brake off contact with even our closest human allies"

2. AquamanOS

AquamanOS Well-Known Member

I think they avoiding it on purpose because they were unsure if they would ever bring them back or not.

That said based on Optimus's attitude it seemed to imply Sam Lennox and the like either also betrayed them, or were killed by their fellow humans (further disgusting him about humanity)

3. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

yay! and that is why it was a better movie too.

4. uruseiranma

uruseiranma Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    "Believe me Bee, I didn't want to turn you guys in, but I'm tired of being poor, and Carly and I need the money for a house, a real car, and to support our unborn child. I know you understand."

*Bee plays Fluttershy audio from Season 4 finale* "Why are you doing this? I thought we were friends!"

5. ironguymanpie

ironguymanpie Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah I'm guessing they weren't sure what the selves what sans fate was so they just left it open in case shia wanted to come back

6. Lord Person

Lord Person All The Critics Love U In New York

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

7. RedWolf

RedWolf Well-Known Member

From the sound of it when Optimus was attacked the Autobots were already scattered. He sent a warning to break contact with humans as he doesn't know who ordered a hit on him and why they are working with Lockdown.

Yeah Bee could've stayed with Sam but the remaining Autobots needed a leader.

Attinger pulled something off Cobra's playbook disguising his Cemetery Wind as an sanctioned strike unit while labeling his operations as anti-Decepticon hunts.

I'm sure the CIA would be put on a leash once things clear up as what happened was a clear lack of oversight. That CIA director would be either fired or jailed.

Joshua may get some jail time as well for his collaboration with Attinger.

I'm sure the Autobots old NEST buddies would like to get their hands on him and Cemetery Wind.

8. FanimusMaximus

FanimusMaximus Kuphead

News Credits:
    I'm surprised they didn't mention him also, but personally I don't really care.

:lol  nice.

9. Bujo

Bujo Well-Known Member

That was one of the best things the movie had going for it. Sweep LaBuff under the rug and forget about him. I still firmly believe they ditched the wrong actress for DTOM. Watching the developing relationship between Megan and Rosie would hae been far more interesting. Plus it would have had the simultaneous bonus of nixing the annoying parental figures from the film.

10. King Kaiser

King Kaiser BEARS!!!!

I wish it would have shown him living a crappy life with him waking up at 2 in the morning to piss into a bowl.

11. Bujo

Bujo Well-Known Member

+1

12. King Starscream

King Starscream <b><font color=blue>The Royal Seeker</font></b> Veteran

News Credits:
    He probably died of radiation poisoning. The first two movies alluded to them being radioactive. Sam likely had the most radiation exposure considering he had Bumblebee in his garage between TF1 and RoTF, held the cube - for which Hoover Dam acted as a huge radiation shield for - for a long time, and had Wheelie and Brains with him between RoTF and DoTM.

13. TheBigBad

TheBigBad Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm pretty sure that's Shia's actual life these days.

14. MelficeCyrum

MelficeCyrum Well-Known Member

I'll be the unpopular opinion and say I think they did a huge disservice by NOT showing what happened to him. Even have Optimus give a passing mention to Sam would've been enough. A line or two about their human friend who risked his goddamn life on three separate occasions to save them.

You cannot just sweep that under a rug and pretend that didn't happen.

15. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

also; closest my ass. every chance sam got, he was yelling at the autobots, or beating up bumblebee. :lol 

16. uruseiranma

uruseiranma Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Sure you can. There's lots of ancillary human characters that are never heard from again after their one appearance:

- fuhny talhking Auhsie Cheek whoseah hackah.

- Glen, the loud-yet-super-smart-hacker-who-is-not-recruited-by-the-government-originally

- Secretary of Defense Kellor, whom we assume must have retired claiming he 'didn't sign up for this $#!t.'

- Tom Banachek, the one guy who retired with dignity and could move on, unlike the obsessed Simmons.

- Leo...well, we can only assume he's still riding the kitten calendar craze, and probably has fathered about 5+ illegitimate children telling girls how he 'helped' save the world.

- Carly? Well, unless she got her act together and left Sam, she's still in a serious area of denial and stockholm syndrome.

17. MGX

MGX Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think the government would be watching Sam 24/7 since they know of his HEAVY involvement with the TFs. He is the one human that they would try to reach and the TFs all know this, so they stay away from him. Especially Bumblebee, as painful as it would be for him.

18. Gordon_4

Gordon_4 The Big Engine

News Credits:
    "No mention of Sam"

And thank fuck for that, said I.

19. TheYearIs2005

TheYearIs2005 Well-Known Member

Was anyone else wondering why Cade hesitated when the agents threatened Tessa's life when asked about Optimus at the barn.

As a parent wouldn't you value your child's life over anyone, robot or human?

20. ironguymanpie

ironguymanpie Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Cade didnt know optimus was hiding below the garage.