No Man's Sky

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Nerroth, Dec 8, 2013.

1. Alpha Omega Trion Supreme

Alpha Omega Trion Supreme One of the longest handles in the fandom!

Ebay:
    What if the game let you collect animals, plants, and planet readings. Have a game mechanic for you to capture and transport them to store on your freighter. Then when you get to the center of the galaxy, you can create your own world using the Noah's ark of animals/plants and planet readings that you've collected on your freighter.

Heh, I doubt the upcoming freighter patch will do that though.... :( 

2. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan OFFICIAL MMM REP

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I know I said I was going to skip this but I caved and bought it. Glad I did.

The whole "glorified tech demo" argument is BS. Sure, certain things could be improved (like that horrid menu system), but I'm really digging it. I just enjoy exploring the first planet, I haven't even left it yet after a few hours of play. It hasn't crashed on me once. That ranting guy review was flat-out wrong on some points, it's like he didn't bother to look around. I'm finding buildings and ancient civilization stuff all over the place.

I'm looking forward to updates that add stuff, but honestly I'm happy with it as-is for now.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2016
  3. rapid_fire

rapid_fire Banned

The thing is every planet and system is different. I started on an amazing planet, and keep coming back to it to it. I've been to some systems where the planets are so baron or so dangerous there's no point in even trying to do anything on them. If you were to start on one of those planets, your game would horribly suck.

I got lucky and have been just staying on this one planet for the last week or so completing all my Korvax language, upgrading my weapons and ship, and getting all my inventory slots. It has so many resources and buildings. I've probably only explored 10% of the planet.

I've been to over 40 differernt systems so far, and I keep coming back to this one, I've yet to find one as nice.

Yeah, almost everything he sais isn't in the game, I've found.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2016
  4. SelectedLime375

SelectedLime375 Luna1 Matrix Magic

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    When you interact with a trading bot, it will list how many words you have learned.

5. rapid_fire

rapid_fire Banned

Oh yeah? I will have to see if I can find it.

6. Automaster

Automaster Eye Heart TF's!!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Lately I feel like I'm beginning to see duplicate learned words, but that could just be because I've learned them in one of the other two languages. So far I have many more Gek words than Korvax or Vy'Keen.

Also, Suit maxed at 48, Multi-Tool maxed at 24, Ship still going at 35.

7. rapid_fire

rapid_fire Banned

I'm only at 260 words, ennnh.... lol oh well, I know enough Korvax to solve all the puzzles now. I just been saving up my units so i can buy a massive ship

8. JaZzPrImE74

JaZzPrImE74 Sub to my YT Supreme J

News Credits:
    Don't do that. Use beacons and find transmission. After about a hour you'll have a max slotted ship.

9. rapid_fire

rapid_fire Banned

So I tried what you said, and it took me to a crash site. I spent about 5 minutes flying around the other side of the planet to get there, and when I got there, I went.. whaaaat...

It's MY crash site where I started the game :lol  WTF All that is there is a burnt mark in the grass and everything that was there when I started. I never thought I would see where I started the game ever again, so I was kind of excited but dissapointed at the same time.

10. JaZzPrImE74

News Credits:
    That means you were closest to your original starting point. Fly out of the planet and go in on the other side and retry.

11. Automaster

Automaster Eye Heart TF's!!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It does happen that you'll come across a crash site where there is no ship, and that is beyond frustrating because upgrading ship tech is a time intensive process. So that may not have necessarily been your original start site.

12. MegaMoonMan

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I found the crashed ship, it was completely broken and was definitely not max slotted.

The work it would have taken to fix it for the two extra slots it had was not worth it.

13. Alpha Omega Trion Supreme

Ebay:
    New patch dropped yesterday, 1.07. Game just crashed on me, so that's not completely ironed out. It has been running more stable since the patches. I'm not crashing near as much as I was at release.

There are some good fixes in the patch:

- The Gek transmission tower exploit to find crashed ships is patched.
    - Height and weight stats for creatures have been swapped so they're now correct.
    - The proton cannon will no longer tell you it needs to be charged.
    - Scanning flying creatures is easy now, no need to shoot them down to scan them.
    - The launch you instantly into space from the planet bug has been fixed. (I HATED this bug)
    - The annoying voice-overs reminding you that you're low at 75% have been removed. This seems to have been toned down greatly, thankfully.
    - You can no longer 100% a planet that has no fauna.
    - The galactic waypoints being unable to reset after a black hole jump have supposedly been fixed. This one really affected me, but I had already given up on that and started over. :( 
    - I noticed that walking through caves is now much more audible.

I just jumped into a system where a planet was discovered by another player. The player had identified three things on the planet. I was able to "hide" his discoveries, but I'm not sure if doing that meant I could then find them for myself, but not be able to upload them. That's going to be weird going forward if they're ever going to give us an expanded animal/plant parts library. Not sure how that's going to work.

By the way, PC mods continue to get better. If I had a PC, these would be the mods I would have installed: low flight, big things, black space, and there's another one that severely limits the number of settlements.

14. rapid_fire

rapid_fire Banned

Oh it was my starting spot alright, I instantly recognized the landscape

- Scanning flying creatures is easy now, no need to shoot them down to scan them.
    Nice fix but this just means I'll scan them first, THEN shoot them down XD
    - The launch you instantly into space from the planet bug has been fixed. (I HATED this bug)
    That one was the worst!!
    - The annoying voice-overs reminding you that you're low at 75% have been removed. This seems to have been toned down greatly, thankfully.
    Yeah, that was annoying, it should only tell you at 10% and depleted.

I'll have to update when I get home tonight, but sounds like some nice fixes! Also the low flight mod is cool and all but it'll fuck you up if you crash into a tree. Twice now I've gotten stuck in a tree and died.

I tried finding some ships but the two I did find (after finding where I originally crashed) were both smaller then the ship I had. I'm at 4 million units, I'll just keep plugging away and buy a nicer ship.

I did finally max out my gun though. I spent last night building it up for max mining capabilities along with some decent grenades. Not a huge fan of the boltcaster since I don't do a lot of foot battles.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2016
  15. JaZzPrImE74

News Credits:
    Just spent my 595k units for a really cool 20 slot ship. Sold all my gold after. Didn't find a anomaly when I warped but I found a earth like planet but oddly no sign of life. Also my 2nd solar system is filled with korvax no more gek.

16. Alpha Omega Trion Supreme

Ebay:
    I'm reading on reddit and gamefaqs that ship price is based on what you currently have equipped on your ship. The theory goes that the game tries to match/outpace what your current ship has, and those add-ons drive up the price. This is part of the reason why the ship prices for the same number-slotted ship seem to jump up exponentially from the first time you went shopping. If you dismantle everything on your current ship and then go shopping, the prices should drop considerably as those ships won't have any add-ons either. I tried this once, and it seemed to work. Need to try it again.

Also, I heavily recommend giving consideration to the idea presented by these threads on reddit:

How I made No Man's Sky 10x better
    submitted 4 days ago * by RealNC
    https://www.reddit.com/r/NoMansSkyTheGame/comments/4zbdrg/how_i_made_no_mans_sky_10x_better/
    and the follow-up thread here:

RealNC was right. Ditching the multitool scanner lifts the No Man's Sky experience to a whole new level
    submitted 2 days ago by NarisNomad
    https://www.reddit.com/r/NoMansSkyT...lnc_was_right_ditching_the_multitool_scanner/
    And these two comments really sum it up in a nutshell:

I've since disabled the scanner on my multi-tool, and I won't be enabling it again. It definitely does change the game for the better. Instead of jumping out of your ship, hitting the scan button and then chasing after distant christmas lights on your HUD, you're actually exploring and looking at things. I find that this style of play seems to flow better with animal discovery too.

I'm also trying to refrain from putting on any shield/health upgrades on my suit, which I think helps those extreme planets feel actually extreme. I really do want a hardcore mode that removes all the training wheels this game has. I'd like the aggressive animals to have more of a bite too(all the animals are pretty harmless as is). I get why the game is set on easy, because they want you to actually make it off your first planet.

17. NSJ23

NSJ23 Not today Chumly, not today.

I might try this but not just yet, and thanks for the info on buying a ship i finally 100% a planet so i have enough to buy a new one. so i may try this.

18. JaZzPrImE74

News Credits:
    Unlike most I'm not bored of NMS. I like to be led in direction so I'm not straight up wasting time but will try if I ever get bored.

19. MegaMoonMan

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    After hours and hours of playing, I just last night realized that the slots on the ship hold 500 units of whatever as opposed to the 250 in your suit.

Once I realized that and reorganized accordingly, it opened 2 or 3 slots.

20. rapid_fire

rapid_fire Banned

Found a planet today with tons and tons of titanium crystals and those little storage plants you can destroy filled with Titanium as well scattered all across the planets surface. Tons of plutonium too. This is a gold mine since I acquired the lemmium blueprint. I figure I can get up to 15-20 mil units in a few hours.

Only thing that sucks is the planet is extremely hot with storms every few minutes so I'm stuck flying around and not able to stray far from my ship. Lol