No Breakdown in North America after all?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Mechafire, Jul 13, 2012.

1. hoosierdaddy04

hoosierdaddy04 The Lord of Diecast

Sorry, but it's not THAT simple. Each and every die will have to be retooled in this case made deeper (or wider depending on your perspective) to allow more plastic, all the joints and clips to be completely retooled for the same reason as before (thicker plastic requires deeper clips). Hasbro probably have to lease the mold from Takara. Heck with all the work that would need to be done it may be cheaper for Hasbro to create their own NEW molds based off of Takara's transformation sequence. Since I do not own the mold that may not even be possible due to possible parts clearance issuse...

2. Foster

Foster Haslab Victory Saber Backer #3 Veteran

News Credits:
    Yep. Thirty-five bucks at TRU, on an endcap for Christmas with a bunch of the latest clear Bot Shots, Cyberverse and Bumblebee crap. They'd clean up.

3. Mewtwo

Mewtwo Transform & Bamboo out

Don't worry, CM knows it's coming out here eventually. He just KNOWS it. 100%. (His own words.)

4. NICKBOT

NICKBOT Don’t be a jerk...

News Credits:
    Hmm, I can see that. But ultimately I think it comes down to all of the panels and Micron ports.

5. Wolfdawg

Wolfdawg Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Who's this CM guy/gal and why the hell should I believe him/her?

6. Shadowbreaker

Shadowbreaker ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

News Credits:
    I've always has the thought that maybe, just maybe Breakdown in a point of time wasn't intended to have a toy release for some reason. It's just BD's Micron ports aren't blatantly slapped on as others... It's almost as the toy was made to be an Arms Micron one and nothing else.

Again, wishing we got more information on how things work...

7. Thalack

Thalack Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'd be cool with this, and the clear bot shots with some decent Cyberverse. Sounds like you painted a dream for me...minus the bumblebees.

8. rainningstorm

rainningstorm [email protected]

Just pointing this out having owned my breakdown mold for a few days already, Besides the loss panels and thiner plastic, you have to be really careful not to drop this toy too many times. Already i've seen abit of chipped plastic and scratches on his chest where he was dropped by accident.

9. TCracker

TCracker R.I.P., 5/2019 Veteran

News Credits:
    Thanks for the warning. I dropped mine a few times, but no noticeable breakage.

10. The Bucket Kitten

The Bucket Kitten Meow... TFW2005 Supporter

Thanks for the warning.
    I better be more careful with Breakdown, while I haven't dropped mine, I can be a butter-fingers at times.

11. elizasteave

elizasteave Well-Known Member

I rather think that it doesn't matters too much for the people especially for them who are die hard for transformers. However if such things happen, then there may be a sort of downfall in purchasing the transformers toys by the people. The owners should think upon it.

12. CVprowl

CVprowl Done

My opinion is that this is a bad move by hasbro. Que apologists...

13. Thundershot

Thundershot Ratchet Fanatic

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    You people DROP your Breakdown?? Man, I'm extra careful with mine for fear of anything happening to him since he'd be a pain to replace later on being only available in one country and all..

14. wildfly

wildfly Fermenting pork tube.

News Credits:
    It certainly smacks of poor planning.

15. Megabattimus

Megabattimus Same As It Ever Was

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    So, Hasbro has the money to create two unique Voyager molds for non-show characters, and yet they don't have the money to remold Breakdown so he can be released at US retail?

Anyways, this makes me glad I chucked Breakdown in my July order on amiami, because I will at least own the character.

16. Grimwing

Grimwing Scientist Supreme

News Credits:
    Far more likely however is that Hasbro will consider makeing breakdown with a completely new mold that fits their budget. Since that would be cheaper than fixing the issues with the takara version especially if it did not meet US health and safety standards.

Maybe they could just not tool a lightup weapon for Breakdown to make up the costs. Fans don't want that part, and Joe consumer is just going to see how much heavier he looks as the difference between prime with a light up blaster and this figure without.

He's kind of a fan favorite lower tier Prime Decepticon, and I think if the Prime Robots in disguise line does'nt get the chance to run him. In the next couple years I could see them making a Generations Voyager homageing the character in the way Lugnut and Lockdown got figures outside of Animated.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2012
  17. Dashdragon

Dashdragon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Just found that a little funny since it's fairly obvious that most places would be sold-out on TF's completely if it weren't for the overproduction of BB's peg warming everywhere you look. Especially the Prime line currently. It's like they expect us to all want to own a dozen of him.

Here's hoping that the newer waves will not be forced to include any more of him or his repaints. The local Target here has like 4 or 6 pegs for Prime and they're all filled to the end with him.

18. CelticMutt

CelticMutt Herald of Thundercracker

You were told to drop this. You don't listen very well, do you? This is bordering on trolling.

19. Starscream Gaga

Starscream Gaga Protoformed This Way

News Credits:
    I'm going to make a wild speculation and say that if Hasbro ever did make a new mold from Breakdown, it'd look ridiculous and yet still have fans who dragged their feet and missed out on the AM version going on about how it's somehow as good.

I'm looking at YOU RID Optimus and Bulkhead.

20. LegendAntihero

LegendAntihero Banned

I think Hasbro should release Breakdown as a leader class figure to cover production costs. Like what DC did with Mr. Freeze for their line of Arkham City toys.