Nitro Zeus Names You Prefer

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Sound Wub, Jul 4, 2017.

?

Nitro Zeus Names you prefer

1. Nitro Zeus

65 vote(s)
    87.8%
  2. Sky Warp

6 vote(s)
    8.1%
  3. Thunder Cacker

3 vote(s)
    4.1%
  4. Shockwave

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Applejacktimus

Applejacktimus has been found dead in Miami

Wait.. did I mishear some dialogue in the movie? Because I could've sworn someone calls him "The Daytrader" at somepoint, and it's just a case of Everyone Calls Him "Barkeep". I might need to pay attention to the dialogue a bit more next time I see it.

I honestly do really dislike the notion of Daytrader as his actual name. I really hope it isn't just another case of His Name Really Is "Barkeep".

Whirl's probably gonna shoot you now.

With his claws.

2. SaberPrime

SaberPrime System Pride

Lugnut has five eyes. Just because there's one big one in the middle doesn't mean that's the only eye. Plus he actually has a mouth.

Also you seem to be forgetting Trypticon. He was also in G1 and also a T-rex. And plus was a much larger T-rex with no bloody robot mode. Grim lock isn't defined by his alt mode. Really no one is unless their alt mode is in the character's name. Like Scorponok can't be anything other than a scorpion. Nothing about the name Grim lock says he must be a T-Rex. With Grim lock it's more like his transformation scheme is what makes him stand out. Even the War Within version where he turned into a cybertronian truck still looks like Grim lock.

Again you can not compare a head design that only one character ever had to an alternate mode that any Transformer could turn into or any other trait that has always been shared by multiple characters.

3. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II Banned

News Credits:
    I may get shit for this, but it's all just the same geewhining as always.
    Who would get it in their heads in the first place to want to rename a character of the movie that has nothing in common, to be named after one of the same ol same old guys but someone who wants everything to be always the same over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and
    over and over and over and over and over and

4. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    I'm sorry but how does Whirl in any ways shape and form resemble ANYTHING like Shockwave aside from the head design? They literally have two completely different bodies and limbs and even his head is shaped differently then Shockwave's. Whirl's claws are not done the same way TFA Shockwave was and one of Shockwave's other iconic feature is that he has a gun arm whereas Whirl and other characters don't have that going on. Pretty freaking different if you ask me. No offense but your reasons for not liking Nitro Zeus or really any cyclops character comes across as just confusing if not outright crazy.

At this point I'm going to leave this off. It's getting off topic as it is.

5. SaberPrime

SaberPrime System Pride

Shockwave doesn't always have a gun arm. Even in G1 he was animaded several times with two hands. I don't really understand how that arm became so associated with him. Maybe the toy only has one hand? I never owned it I just saw it as an accessory like Prime's Axe or Megatron's mace.

Anyway did you miss the part about Cloud Shockwave being a direct repaint of Whirl? You seem to have ignored that part in favor of continuing to argue how unique Whirl is. They actually share the same mold.

You also seem to be ignoring the part about being color blind so I quite literally can not see any difference between Whirl and Shockwave. They're the same freaking toy. Oh wait there is one difference... Whirl has Autobot insignias, Shockwave has Decepticon insignias. That's it... Whirl is an Autobot Shockwave.

6. bungalox

bungalox Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The Cloud repaints are weird, and I wouldn't even look at those for comparisons. Not to mention that is the only time Whirl and Shockwave shared a mold. I saw you arguing earlier that Shockwave was unique for 20 years but G1 Whirl and Shockwave came out in the same year so he was never unique. You could argue that he is the Autobot's Shockwave, but seeing how one is a giant gun and one is a helicopter, their only sharing quality is their mono-eye. Their heads are even different shaped and have different aesthetics.

I don't think I've seen Shockwave, animated or toy, without his gun arm (not counting Animated). If anything, the eye AND his gun is his defining trait. (Now that I think about it, an Animated Shockwave retool into Whirl would be cool as they DO share lots of traits.).

7. Edwardmus Prime

Edwardmus Prime Righteous Protector of Ed-Land

Nitro Zeus works for me. Actually, the tough guy celebrity wrestler personality fits in perfectly with the name, which simultaneously brings to mind a wrestler and a large ego. I think they hit the nail on the head with this name.

I also appreciate a cool new character over a reimagined old one here. I don't think he really fits the Skywarp or Thundercracker name all too well. Definitely not Shockwave.

8. SaberPrime

SaberPrime System Pride

Shockwave was in the Transformers pilot in 1984. Whirl came out in 1985 though he was never in the cartoon and personally I didn't even know he existed till 2014.

As for the gun arm, as I said before he was often drawn in the cartoon with two hands. Animated Shockwave has two hands. Dark of the Moon Shockwave has two hands, at least the toy does anyway. I don't think the movie ever showed him without that cannon. Plus it's on the wrong arm as the gun is normally on his left arm but the movie version has it on the right. WfC/FoC Shockwave has two hands. His weapon can be mounted on either side but it's optional in most incarnations. I think Energon and Prime are really the only versions that ever had that gun arm as a permanent attachment. And the Energon one is missing the hose which G1 and the movie, and Prime versions have. I do display my FoC Shockwave with his weapon mounted on the left just because I like having my Transformers holding their weapons. I don't feel like he has to have one hand but I do think it should be mounted on the left arm when it is deployed. Though DotM before I sold him I had on the right just because it doesn't really fit too well on the left side. You can mount it there but the way the arms are moulded on the right it actually fits flush with his arm but on the left it sticks up a bit and doesn't look quite right. It's really kind of annoying, I mean they made it so the hose can swivel to attach on either side but didn't make matching mounting points on the arms. Why bother putting that swivel joint in there if you can't even use it? The mounting port on the left arm is meant more for the blade thing he comes with.

Anyway... can we just agree to disagree and get back on topic?

9. Ironhide1234

Ironhide1234 Here.

News Credits:
    Just Nitro.