Minor/Repaint: Nitro BB repaint

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by newbie77, Jul 3, 2014.

1. newbie77

newbie77 Well-Known Member

Hi everyone!

So, after a long time skulking around on these forums and being inspired by so many of your pieces of incredible artwork I decided to have a go and submit a few myself. I've never done anything of this kind before - the closest is doing some tamiya car models back when I was a kid and they turned out rubbish!!

This is my first attempt. I don't know why I decided to start on this - i hated the model and and bought him because he was £4 at Tesco and I can't see a transformer of any kind go at a price like that and not buy it. http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/images/icons/icon10.gif
    Anyway, he was a bit of a "in at the deep end" choice as I didn't realise how much detail are in the BayBots - I won't be doing another anytime soon. http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/images/icons/icon6.gif

I took him completely apart, sanded, cleaned, primed and painted top to toe with various shades to try and get some depth to it. He needs a bit of touching up here and there and then sealing, at which point I'll do the alt mode pictures, just waiting for him to harden off fully.

Very interested to hear what you think - please have a look at my other ones too - been on a bit of a roll the past couple of weeks.

Thanks for looking!!

Attached Files:

• 013.jpg
      013.jpg
      File size:
      307 KB
      Views:
    • 016.jpg
      016.jpg
      File size:
      296.4 KB
      Views:
    • 015.jpg
      015.jpg
      File size:
      273.1 KB
      Views:
    • 017.jpg
      017.jpg
      File size:
      318.3 KB
      Views:
    • 018.jpg
      018.jpg
      File size:
      341.8 KB
      Views:
  2. Driftveil

Driftveil You find me offensive

I'll tell you what OP

I would LOVE to see someone take shitty movie figures, say, the flip-and-changers, and paint them to look screen accurate. Maybe the physical shape won't be accurate, but if you paint a shitty figure with finesse, I would fall in love with whoever could pull that off.