Nippon Yasan down?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Jumble Cashback, Mar 12, 2020.

1. Jumble Cashback

Jumble Cashback Earth Germ

News Credits:
    Hi folks,

About a week-and-a-half ago, after finally securing some dispoable income, I ordered a Mesterpiece Convoy v.3, Masterpiece Hound and Masterpiece Bumblebee 2.0 from Nippon Yasan (all were listed as 'currently in stock') and chose the delivery option that would get it here to the UK within 4-7 days. 7 days pass and the order is still listed as 'payment accepted' with no dispatch info. So I contact their customer services. Nothing. A few days go by, still nothing. Today, I try checking the order status again, just in case and it looks like their website is down. It's coming up as a 'hosting server timeout (unable to connect to the origin server)'. There's nothing wrong with the connection at my end, so it definitely seems to be their server that's down.

Now my first thought is 'maybe their temporarily closed because of the Coronavirus outbreak'. But, you'd think there'd at least be a landing page explaining that or something. And I've not really seen much evidence of whole businesses in Japan shutting their doors.

Does anyone know what's going on there? There might be a whole thread devoted to it and I just never saw it. Apologies, if so.

• Like Like x 1
  2. DaptoDog

DaptoDog Well-Known Member

Nope it's down for me too. I've got an outstanding chargeback dispute against them that is taking forever for my bank to resolve in my favour. I'll be calling the bank again tomorrow to get some action.

3. Jumble Cashback

News Credits:
    Bloody hell! I've never had issues with them before and I've bought quite a few things from them. Did you order also just not get sent? It's weird, despite the website being down, they're still tweeting regularly (which I guess could be automated), but what seems more odd is that almost none of their tweets get any response at all. Almost no likes, retweets or comments at all. Even considering a fairly small number of followers (for an established business), that's kind of strange.

Website is back up. So that's something.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 12, 2020
  4. DaptoDog

I dare say they are blocking or removing comments. My MP-45 Bumblebee was misassembled out of the box such that it can't be transformed to bot mode. They have done nothing to address the issue in terms of offering a replacement or refund. I also got a refund through PayPal for them not delivering Hound and Blackarachnia.

If you check their Facebook page as well as other comments here you will find dozens if not hundreds of complaints that they weren't shipping from around December onwards.

5. Jumble Cashback

News Credits:
    Christ. I picked a fine time to do a bulk order from them.

6. DoubleClouder

DoubleClouder Prototype / Testshot collector

News Credits:
    Try now, it was down for me earlier, but now it's up

7. Jumble Cashback

News Credits:
    Yup, website's up again. I got on Live Chat and they told me that they didn't know when the items would be shipped and couldn't estimate it either. They were equally tight-lipped when I inquired if there was some larger problem with their service, since this seems a bit unusual and there seem to be a lot of people's orders going unfulfilled at the moment - and a lot of customer support tickets going unanswered. Eventually, after making it clear that I would be taking legal action if I didn't have some concrete information soon, I said that, I understood if this was a result of the global health situation, but thought it would be better to be open about that than make it seem as if the company is just totally untrustworthy. I got a pretty cryptic response back, so I'm not sure what to make of it. But given that the issues seem to be mostly from the last two or three months, I wouldn't be surprised if there was a connection. I wouldn't mind, I'm in no great hurry to get the figures, but the lack of forthcoming information is just casting a big shadow of dodgy-ness over the whole thing.

8. Paco Grande

Paco Grande Well-Known Member

It has nothing to do with health issues. They’ve been incredibly slow to ship stuff out for many months. 6 weeks or more is typical. MP Hound took well over a month to ship. I’m also on a Macross forum and there are tons of people complaining. My understanding is that they will most likely ship your items eventually, but you’ll have to wait.

And as for them helping you out when a figure is defective, I’ve never heard of anyone getting any help from them. Their customer service is notoriously terrible. I’m really not sure why more people don’t realize that. it’s been like that for many years.

I use them when I have to and I’ve been lucky to not have any figures with issues from them. But I wouldn’t use them unless you have no other choice.

Also if you cancel a preorder or make any sort of claim against them through PayPal etc. they will typically cancel your account.

9. ziltama

ziltama Mods, molds, and casts. Also full of hot gas.

News Credits:
    I’ve had one transaction with them and had no problems.

10. DaptoDog

Yeh I've known about their reputation for ignoring issues with products. I've used them as my main source of MP's for 6 years and this is my first QC issue.

When I did the PayPal refund they didn't cancel my account but I've told them when I put the chargeback in that I won't be making any further purchases. So I'm not fussed if they shut my account down either way.

Unfortunately Citibank is taking way too long to process my chargeback, it's already been 6 weeks and I've provided all the evidence and correspondence. Just want to be able to reorder it elsewhere, it was a damn Christmas present.

• Like Like x 1
  11. transmasterc

transmasterc Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I just tried their site. It’s working for me and I am in the states.

12. Scowly Prowl

Scowly Prowl Still calculating variables...

Down again for me.