Nippon-Yasan.com

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by Omega Supreme V, Dec 28, 2016.

1. Omega Supreme V

Omega Supreme V The token Asian one

So, has anyone else had trouble while returning things to them or getting customer service involved after the first reply?

I pre-ordered a Scathach Fate/Grand Order figure, received it on 12/12 only to see that it's head was broken. I submitted a ticket to them with a picture of the broken head, and they replied back to me the following day saying "We apologize for the issue, we well contact the makers about this and reply back to you."
    I didn't really understand why, since every other store/seller, even those internationally, have always accepted that "hey, ok, the customer received their item damaged, that's no good, return it and we'll refund it to you, or get you a replacement if you'd like" or something like that. I send about 5-7 replies afterwards in the next two weeks (now) about wanting a return, or requesting an update, and they haven't replied back whatsoever. So I open a ticket with paypal on the 21st in hopes that they go "oh damn, this customer is getting impatient, let's reply back to him." but nope. Not a damn thing after a week. So I made it a claim and am letting paypal handle it. I also showed pictures of the figure's box and the shipping box to show that it wasn't the cause, because the boxes are in good shape.

Has this happened with anyone else dealing with other sites like amiami or hobby search? I haven't dealt with those two, but even with HLJ I know they weren't like this when they sent the wrong item to me. If this has to be moved to another forum, or topic, go right ahead then Mods, I'm just wondering out loud if this is common or not nowadays.

Edit: Oh also to note, I bought a MP Star Saber from them and ... I guess it was OK. I never removed it from it's box and sold it soon afterwards.

2. Slave IV

Slave IV more wealth than you can imagine!

I haven't had an issue like yours but I've cancelled items I didn't pay for yet and dealt with NY customer service on several occasions with no issue. They always responded as needed.

3. Rewind

Rewind Data Stick

News Credits:
    NY is notorious for spotty to downright insulting customer service. Someone in the Macross thread had a problem once and NYs offer was a 500yen refund or something like that.

I shopped there for a while but as I read more and more bad reports from people here and other forums, I just got too afraid to ever buy from them again.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Batman

Batman The Dark Knight TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I find all of the Japanese retailers to have pretty crappy customer service, except for HLJ. I try not to order too much from them since things often do have QC issues and getting things sorted is often impossible or not worth it.

5. Knightdramon

Knightdramon Hasbro LIES to the US

News Credits:
    I personally find the customer service aspect of a few Japanese stores a bit hit and miss. If it was only up to my personal experiences, it'd be great, but there's stories where it just isn't.

NY is the store that charged like 7000 yen for MP Tracks's shipping but were continuously and stubbornly using the wrong package dimensions. There's a thread somewhere where a guy openly confronted them when his shipping label read like 2400 yen and they were defiant.

On the other side, please bear in mind that this is the busiest period for most stores and they close for close to two weeks for Christmas. Hope that this gets sorted soon for you.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Omega Supreme V

I know that it's the holidays which is why if it was normal, I wouldn't be so impatient, but for them to keep up to date on their site own website and social media (i contacted them there too) but not to reply to my ticket is a bit absurd.
    I talked to another guy and he told me that Hobby Search/1999.co.jp was good on when he had to return something, so I might go there. I know AmiAmi is pretty quick too from the few conversations I've had with their CS (from e-mails that I just found stashed away) but idk if they goes towards their problem CS.

I'll probably just go back to using middlemen since it's more direct and I wouldn't have to deal with this mess :(  Their fees are a bit killer, but if it'll save me some headaches then I'll gladly pay.

7. Kidreaper

Kidreaper Reaper

Yeah NY is a headache and a half. Similar situation, after they told me they would try and contact the manufacturer, I never heard from them again. Although the figure I bought isn't broken, it is missing a piece. So I'm not as boned as you are. I don't use them any more because they mark up prices to crazy eBay listings.

• Like Like x 1
  8. fujishig

fujishig Well-Known Member

Amiami is great, but the shipping prices tend to be high and you don't get much of an estimate until it's time to pay. Also it's nearly impossible to cancel.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Slave IV

I got annoyed with some of NYs policies when I first used them and vowed to never order from them again but I've found they usually have the lowest prices for products and shipping so money talks. As I mentioned, customer service has been fine for me.

10. GoggleV

GoggleV Well-Known Member

I think NY is actually run by a bunch of French people in Japan or something but they definitely have the worst customer service of all the Japanese retailers I've used. I used to buy a lot of web exclusive shfs from them, but ordered a csm gatack zecter earlier this year when it was in stock. 5 days after I paid, I noticed it still hadn't shipped so I contacted them and they decided to tell me that I needed an extra 3200 shipping on top of the 5k something I had already paid. I guess it wouldn't have bothered me so much if it had been a preorder and they weren't sure of the weight, but this was in stock and they never even notified me until I contacted them about it. I ended up telling them to just cancel the order and refund me and they outright refused. Saying I had to pay and would not refund the order or agree to the original transaction so I had to open up a paypal claim and was banned. Pretty much any other large company will honor the original purchase agreement if they make a mistake on shipping and just eat the cost, I wasn't acting like I was entitled to the original agreement, but just didn't want to pay nys bullshit shipping fees when they had the item in stock. It didn't help that I had just come back from Japan the month before where I had shipped myself a 10lb ems package for 9000 yen so there was no way a rider belt was actually 8k to ship.

• Like Like x 1
  11. decops

decops Well-Known Member

They pulled the same stunt on me earlier this year with a different figure. Got my money back but i do not think i was banned. Not that it matters i do not plan on ever using them again after that.

12. Slave IV

I dunno, I always try to be polite and reasonable whenever dealing with any company that has stuff I want. Seems to have worked for me so far. I stopped using NY for a while but they seem to have got better recently with shipping prices and basically have the lowest prices overall so that and the exclusives keep me going back.

13. Omega Supreme V

Did you end up getting a complete refund? I opened a claim and maybe 3 hours later, I received an e-mail saying that my orders were cancelled (their policy) and that they responded to paypal and that Paypal is now reviewing things. ... yet the ticket I have in still awaits a reply from their staff. I'm hoping that I either get a full refund and pre-paid label to ship the item back, or they agree with my partial refund of 105USD and I just keep the figure, since I just subtracted that shipping amount I'd probably have to pay.

Also, Slave IV, I was polite as possible until it got into the latter stages and I still received no response. However as I use to run an import/export start-up (tip, don't deal with Russians) I remained as business-like as I possibly could, adding the occasional "this is ridiculous" comment at the end. However I do agree that they have the best prices which is why I go to them for things that I really do want. I think their total for Scathach was $10-$20 less than Amiami would've charged me.

14. Omega Supreme V

Update: Okay, so Paypal ruled in my favor, I just now have to return the figure to them...main issues are
    1) the address they gave is all in Japanese. Being that USPS and such are sticklers, I need their address in English/Romanji. Nobody here would happen to know it would they? *(since they are on holiday until the 6th)
    2) What would be the most cost effective way to ship something to Japan? USPS? FedEx? UPS? I need to have it get to them quickly and with a tracking number so Paypal & NY can't go "oh, it was lost in transit!" or something. I know Fedex & UPS' prices tend to be more expensive, but are they better with tracking the package than USPS Int'l? I've only shipped with USPS, and never had to get it to the destination quickly whenever I use to sell stuff, so I'm not sure. That and so much has changed with them since I last did anything like this... *(I also need to ship a katana to China, so this would be good help for future)

15. GoggleV

GoggleV Well-Known Member

USPS is your only option, and it won't be cheap. International shipping from the US is already really expensive, but UPS and Fedex will cost you a few hundred dollars. I shipped a 5lb box of vitamins via fedex to my cousin in china and it was like 230 dollars to ship.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Slave IV

You gotta find a shipping service to get the best deals. I just sent 12 packages 7 lbs each to China over the holidays and it was under $300 for all of them combined. I think it was something like $3.50 per/lbs. I don't remember the name of the company but you probably need to find a similar service that specializes in shipments to Japan anyways since this was only for China.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Soupy

Soupy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Can you post the Japanese address they gave you?

Otherwise
    According to Google their address is

Kiyosumi 1chome 3−3
    Matsuyama, Ehime Prefecture 791-8055
    Japan

But without seeing the Japanese address I can't say that's the correct one

18. Omega Supreme V

Thanks, it was this
    〒791-8055 愛媛県 松山市清住 一丁目3番3号 Japan

Hmm, Didn't realize that there were US to Asia shipping services. Trustworthy ones are tough to find too, if you remember, please let me know! I'll see if I can google some in the mean time though. I heard that USPS is a bit hesitant if I were to ship & write "Sword" on the customs label, so I got some advice on some friendlier ways to put it, but if the shipping service will have any experience in that, it'd be a plus. I also put a note saying it was for simple repair and sentimental value so they shouldn't think much of it.

19. Happynick

Happynick Well-Known Member

What are the weight and the measurements of the shipping box?
    How fast do you need it delivered?

Your cheapest is probably usps.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2017
  20. Soupy

Soupy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Okay yeah then I think is probably how you should write it

Nippon Yasan
    1chome 3−3 Kiyosumi
    Matsuyama, Ehime Prefecture 791-8055
    Japan

〒791-8055 - Postal code
    愛媛県 - Ehime Prefecture
    松山市 - Matsuyama City
    清住 - Kiyosumi
    一丁目3番3号 - 1chome 3-3

I'm not sure if you need to write the 1chome 3-3 or if you can just write 1-3-3. I think you can write 1-3-3. It's been a while since I sent something to Japan.

• Like Like x 1