Fan Art: Nintendo Vs. Transformers

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by JonLeung, Jul 11, 2010.

1. JonLeung

JonLeung Member

As a Nintendo fan and a Transformers fan, I was always aware that Mario and Optimus Prime shared the same colours - red and blue, with a touch of white.

[​IMG]

But recently I noticed that other characters on both sides shared the same colours. Now, bright colours are indeed common among characters that appeal to kids (or children of all ages), but when I remembered the Pikachu-themed Volkswagen Beetle, I began to think up some more connections between similarly-coloured Nintendo and Transformers characters.

The results are here:
    [​IMG]

Or here's a 1680 x 1050 wallpaper-sized version:
    [​IMG]

My original topic on VGMaps.com is here: Nintendo Vs. Transformers

(...There's a previous geeky wallpaper I made, which you can see here to see how Star Wars and Star Trek are connected...)

Sometimes I wonder how I notice such things...and then why I bother to assemble them...but there we go.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 11, 2010
  2. lotussouljah

lotussouljah Well-Known Member

lol Kirby as the Chaos Bringer

3. JonLeung

JonLeung Member

If I hard artistic skills, I would actually draw each pair teaming up, or fighting, or amalgamated. Since I don't, I can just hope this image might inspire someone who does to do so.

A semi that transforms into Mario would be pretty cool...

4. SentinelPrime

SentinelPrime I NEEDED THAT!

Ebay:
    For Prime, it's not white, it's silver.

I guess the red white and blue imagery is always popular for a hero, though.

5. Superquad7

Superquad7 OCP Police Crime Prevention Unit 001 Super Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    And since this is the case, it's a concept discussion thread, so we're off to Creative GD!

6. Murasame

Murasame 村雨

News Credits:
    Hm that's only the new Mario that has the same colors like Optimus Prime. Before Mario64 his original colors were switched, having a blue shirt with red pants and a red hat. Same with Luigi.

7. Erector

Erector I ruined the Hall of Fame

News Credits:
    I think this is grasping at straws at best. Sorry.

8. springerbee

springerbee Well-Known Member

Yay! My favorite G1 character (Springer) was compared to my favorite Nintendo character (Link)!

9. kryptofred

kryptofred super-con

Ebay:
    Well...although Pokemon did have a video game, Pikachu really isn't a nintendo charactor. As far as Peach and Arcee go, they're both, ostensibly, the only girl in an all boy universe, so of course they got the pink treatment. Kirby and Unicron...I just don't see it. The silver v white thing in Prime was already mentioned. I think this is a bit of a stretch man.

10. JonLeung

JonLeung Member

Er...while some things might be considered "stretching it", Pikachu is most definitely a Nintendo character.

Pokémon is a huge series (not just one game, but several ones that link together, even) which started with Nintendo-published Game Boy games before the cartoon/anime and insane merchandising came out. It all came out at the same time back in September 1998 in North America, so I can see where some people might think the cartoon or card game came first, but it most definitely began with Nintendo themselves.

And Pikachu's been a main character in every Super Smash Bros. video game (as are all other major Nintendo characters, guests like Snake and Sonic are the exceptions), so I don't see how his Nintendoness can be doubted.

Anyway, I just wanted to share a fun thing, even if some of the things are stretching it, surely some of the coincidences must be at least slightly amusing? No? Tough crowd...

11. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    In Donkey Kong and Super Mario Bros ( 1 ), you are right. But the colors were switched for Super Mario Bros 2. Three games before Mario 64.

12. Spiderus Prime

Spiderus Prime TFW SpongeBob and TTV's MS 2.0

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    What No Bowser vs. Megatron?