Nintendo Switch/NX Discussion

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Gaastra, Mar 17, 2015.

1. AnonymousDwell

AnonymousDwell Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Some stuff for Switch (and other platforms) shown off at the Guerilla Collective 3 event (one of the many digital events this June filling the E3 void) and elsewhere.

Signalis, described as a pixel art traditional survival horror game:

A new Cassette Beasts trailer showing of the fusion system:

A modern Arkanoid game, apparently:

Time on Frog Island release date trailer:

And a bunch of other things on Gematsu:

Pixel art survival game Monster Outbreak launches August 25 for Switch, PC - Gematsu

The Cub gameplay trailer, PC demo now available - Gematsu

LumbearJack now available for Switch and PC, coming to Xbox Series and Xbox One on June 14 - Gematsu

Paper Mario-inspired Paper Animal RPG announced for PS5, Xbox Series, PS4, Xbox One, Switch, and PC - Gematsu
    (Side note: Not sure I agree with "Paper Mario inspired" here. Bug Fables meets that description, but I wouldn't use it here personally.)

Raw Fury to publish open-world deckbuilder life simulation game Moonstone Island for Switch, PC - Gematsu
    ("Open world deck builder life sim..." Talk about a mouthful. :lol  This does look cool, though IMO.)

PHOGS! developer Bit Loom announces free-to-play Tray Racers! for Switch, PC - Gematsu

Bright Memory: Infinite coming to PS5, Xbox Series, and Switch in 2022 - Gematsu

Tinykin launches August 30 - Gematsu

Serial Cleaners adds PS5 and Xbox Series versions, launches September 22 - Gematsu

Anywho, don't mind me, just filling the void until an all but inevitable June Direct announcement. :lol 

Last edited: Jun 11, 2022
  2. AnonymousDwell

News Credits:
    P.S. Speaking of the "formerly known as E3" season and June events, some Wholesome Direct Switch games shown:

3. Belgrath

Belgrath Boom! Nutshot!

Oh hell yeah!

Again, thank you!

• Like Like x 1
  4. Gaastra

Gaastra Well-Known Member

News Credits:

5. AnonymousDwell

News Credits:
    As always, I refuse to devote one iota of anticipation until confirmed. :lol  (Though unless she was joking or planting a seed for a future video on how people will just believe anything without verification, which isn't inconceivable, that's probably the most credible date rumor we've had so far to be fair.)

But here are some Switch games shown at today's PC Gaming and Xbox shows earlier:

A Plague Tale: Requiem ‘End of Innocence’ trailer - Gematsu
    (Switch version of Plague Tale Requiem End of Innocence is Cloud-only.)

First-person ‘tragicomic adventure’ Backfirewall_ announced for PS5, Xbox Series, PS4, Xbox One, Switch, and PC - Gematsu

And some stuff from Wholesome Direct that I missed:

Mika and the Witch's Castle:

Puffpals: Island Skies (it was announced in April that this will be coming to Switch, too, owing to the Kickstarter's success): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X5a3XhM1C5w

Calico is getting a large free update to "Pawsome Edition" :lol  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lPLtmc0D_Ck

Here Comes Niko is receiving content entitled Gary's Garden:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MP8bCHHUfhg

And tons more here: Every Game From The Wholesome Direct 2022 Coming To Switch

Last edited: Jun 13, 2022
  6. rbarron64

rbarron64 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Have a question for any one with a modded switch. Hidden it under a spoiler tag out of respect for those who don't support piracy, also asking that answers be sent to me directly for same reason.

I need to update my switches firmware. Recent games have downloaded but appear on the home screen as a blank square and when I try to open it says corrupted data found. This only happens with newly released games, as I can download and play older games just fine. The firmware is currently 11.0.1

My question is, can i safely download the most up to date firmware (14?) Directly through tinfoil. Ive seen alot of sites saying i should download the update on my computer, install it through computer to switch, use daybreak, etc but honestly at that point i am in way over my head

If you dont want to post an answer here feel free to pm me. Thanks!

7. AnonymousDwell

News Credits:
  8. AnonymousDwell

News Credits:
    Binding of Isaac prequel deckbuilding game coming to Switch and other platforms:

Digimon Survive gets a release date:

A Cardfight!! Vanguard overDress game is coming:
    Cardfight!! Vanguard Dear Days announced for Switch, PC - Gematsu

Commandos 3 getting a remaster:

Little League World Series Baseball 2022:

Kamiwaza Way of the Thief has a new gameplay trailer, and is getting a localized release in the west in October:

9. Gaastra

News Credits:
    Happy Birthday coming up the pikmin 4 is coming to switch announcement!

Here is a video from 6 years ago in 2015 after it was announced!

• Like Like x 2
  10. AnonymousDwell

News Credits:

11. Gaastra

News Credits:

• Like Like x 1
  12. Tigran

Tigran Well-Known Member

I still have to laugh at this.. this causes so many tears and just nullifies most leakers. Not that it'll stop people from still latching onto them.

• Like Like x 1
  13. AnonymousDwell

News Credits:
    Well... it's a sort of Direct at least? :lol 

And yeah, I have held off on saying this but... I am really just not a fan of the leaks and the rumor cycle. I know it comes with the territory, inevitably. But it just seems like it only has a detrimental impact no matter how you slice it.

If the leaks end up being true, you spoil a Direct. (Which isn't just a trivial thing that only affects fans/customers. It can actually negatively affect interest in a studio's project, especially a smaller studio that really benefits from the boost of having a reveal during an event. There's a reason these events happen, and are effective marketing tools.) If they end up being untrue, then they just muddy the water, or inflate people's expectations. It just seems unproductive either way.

Of course, this doesn't preclude a fuller Direct happening later in the month, but the point stands regardless IMO.

Either way though... I'm happy regardless as a XC fan. Xenoblade hype! :lol 

P.S. Nintendo has a sweepstakes using Platinum Points to win a Lego Mario kit.
    Let’s-a go LEGO® Super Mario™ Sweepstakes | Rewards | My Nintendo

Last edited: Jun 20, 2022
  14. Gaastra

News Credits:
    We had pokemon directs the same week as main directs so no this doesn't kill a direct next week.

15. AnonymousDwell

News Credits:
    It's not that we won't necessarily get a Direct (I actually still consider it totally plausible that the 29th date was a legit leak given the source, but there's no way of knowing) it's just that dates change, plans change, info can be misconstrued or miscommunicated, or whatever else. Look at the Neon White related rumor for a June 16th Direct. The release of the game was accurate. But there was no Direct. And meanwhile, someone apparently got themselves into a blackballed situation (and rightly so) for breaking their NDAs by leaking that. And for what?

And regardless of whether it's true or not (I mean sure I hope it is, who doesn't enjoy a Direct? And we generally do get one in June) people get sucked into the leak train long before the event itself. And then if it either doesn't happen, or things aren't in it that they've been speculating about, it takes the wind out of the event's sails when it finally does.

Do I think there'll be a Direct next week? I have no idea and I'm fine just leaving it at that. Do I think it's plausible there'll be one? Yeah, sure. But again I have no idea and I'm fine just leaving it at that. I think leaks (and especially game leaks) are more detrimental than helpful. But that's just me. And I know it's human nature to dig for information. It's just how we are, which is why I said before I know it inevitably comes with the territory. :lol  And I don't want to kill anyone's enjoyment of speculation so, ... bah I'm just ramblin'.

Anyway:

16. AnonymousDwell

News Credits:

And already posted in the XC3 topic obviously, but for any Switch owners who don't follow that or didn't see today's Direct:

• Like Like x 1
  17. AnonymousDwell

News Credits:
  18. Alpha Omega Trion Supreme

Alpha Omega Trion Supreme One of the longest handles in the fandom!

Ebay:
    I'm reading that the Switch port of No Man's Sky won't have any multiplayer. However, I also read that it won't include any updates past Prisms which makes no sense. *shrug*

Keeping my eye on it nonetheless. Would like to get my nephew, who's sort of into astronomy, into the game.

Edit: Yeah, definitely no multiplayer going on in that trailer. That mech walking around is an AI option. Also being that that mech is there means it has the latest updates far past Prisms. Also noticing the textures aren't as hi-res as PS4, which is kind of expected really. Looks good nonetheless. Plus when most people play they're playing by their lonesome anyway. Although I'd wager you can probably visit other player bases, just not other players.

Edit Edit: Like Minecraft, don't bother buying the physical version. You'll always want the latest version.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2022
    • Like Like x 2
  19. Scowly Prowl

Scowly Prowl Still calculating variables...

I have the physical copy of NMS on PS4, and it gets the updates as far as I know - that said, it's been several months since I looked at it. Is the Switch physical release version locked?

20. Alpha Omega Trion Supreme

Alpha Omega Trion Supreme One of the longest handles in the fandom!

Ebay:
    Because the game is updated so often, the game on the physical media is always outdated/irrelevant. Much like Minecraft. The game disc isn't anything except a key to play what's on your hard drive.