Nintendo Switch/NX Discussion

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Gaastra, Mar 17, 2015.

1. AnonymousDwell

AnonymousDwell Well-Known Member

News Credits:

I see the 10.5GB number bandied about online, but that sounds like an exaggeration and I'm not sure where it originated. The full game digitally is listed as 11.8GB, though with the digital deluxe edition I've seen people say it occupies 12.2GB on their microSD or internal memory. 10.5GB would still be a lot of game left off the card in that case.

While there are 1GB and 2GB game cards, I somehow doubt they cheaped out that much, that only two twelfths of the game are physically stored on the card. 3.5GB sounds a lot more believable to me, and since there are 1GB, 2GB, 4GB, 8GB, 16GB, and 32GB (and apparently 64GB but this is rarely done due to cost) cards, if it's on - say - an 8GB card, then 3.5GB would probably get it close enough to the 11.8GB full install for the vanilla version of the game's size to call it that.

Granted, this is just speculation. It's entirely possible there is a 10+GB download required to have all of the game's content even with the physical edition. I haven't tried it firsthand. But if it's only 3.5GB as in your experience and people online are just inflating the numbers, that wouldn't surprise me either.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2021
  2. AnonymousDwell

News Credits:
    Patch released for GTA Trilogy Definitive Edition... on every platform except for Switch. :lol 
    Grand Theft Auto: The Trilogy – The Definitive Edition Title Update Notes 1.02 (PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4, Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One) - Rockstar Games Customer Support

Before we feel too left out though, it's worth noting that many of the issues addressed in said patch reportedly still remain in the latest builds regardless of what the notes claim so... again, not sure what's going on over at Rockstar or Grove Street, but hopefully things improve more at some point (and for Switch as well.)

Anywho, Switch Black Friday and holiday deals: Nintendo Holiday Gift Guide 2021 - Nintendo - Official Site

Last edited: Nov 21, 2021
  3. AnonymousDwell

News Credits:
  4. AnonymousDwell

News Credits:
  5. MetalRyde

MetalRyde is an a-hole with a heart. RIP Spike and Mojo.

Picked up DN3D, Quake, DOOM 64 and .dog from the Cyber deals. I used mah coins for .dog. cute little game.

Going through Quake right now. Weird ass looking monsters. Freakin' zombies won't die! I used the grenade launcher on them. I died from the splash but got the note of if all else fails, BSU. (Blow Shit Up)

I remember seeing screenshots of Quake in old issues of Gamepro magazine and at the time, it looked scary since I was frightened by just playing through DOOM 64 for the first time. Now? Not spooky at all. I have yet to use the bloody ax.

DOOM 64 was my introduction to the DOOM series. I was playing it in 1999, was in a level with something shooting me in the back, I turned around and the cyberdemon killed me as soon as I saw it. I'm willing to try it again after so many years. Though I did buy the N64 copy a few years ago but wasn't brave enough to try it.

After playing DNF and finding what a piece of shit. I picked it DN3D since I've seen game play of it and wanted to try it.

All under 20 bucks thanks to my coins I've been saving.

• Like Like x 1
  6. AnonymousDwell

News Credits:
    Looks like while still having some issues, the patches have helped the GTA Trilogy somewhat.

I know it's anathema to almost every fellow classic Doom fan ever, but Doom 64 is my favorite Doom in the entire series. :lol  It had everything I loved about the originals' simple run and gun gameplay, but its own really unique atmosphere and sound design. It had unique secrets and felt a lot darker. And playing it with an N64 controller was a trip back then.

The only downside of the remaster on Switch which is phenomenal IMHO, is I can't use the control scheme I did back in the day for it, which was assigning strafe to the shoulder buttons. So turning was on the analog stick, and L was strafe left, R was strafe right. The remaster won't let me map those controls. Hoping Nightdive will patch that in now that the N64 controller is out.

I'm so glad they brought that game back though, it's a big piece of Doom history.

7. Whomps

Whomps Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  8. Deathcatg

Deathcatg Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Old):
    • Like Like x 3
  9. Scowly Prowl

Scowly Prowl Still calculating variables...

Dragon's Crown on Switch would be awesome.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Deathcatg

Deathcatg Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Old):
    I'm hoping for Steam as well.

• Like Like x 2
  11. optics

optics Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Bought 6 Switch games since the BF deals started. Told myself to only limit it to $100 on games, but I've went over and still debating on wether to get 2 more aha
    THPS 1+2
    AC: The Rebel Collection
    NEO: The World Ends with You
    DBZ: Kakarot
    Dying Light PE
    Final Fantasy XII

I guess spending over $100 on games is better than spending $100 on movies. Spent almost $200 on blurays during BF a couple years ago, which I regretted almost immediately aha

12. ViperDragon

ViperDragon Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 1
  13. OmegaScourge

OmegaScourge Custom Made TFW2005 Supporter

14. Dr Kain

Dr Kain Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Old):
    So question, it might be a stupid question, but how do I transfer saved gameplay footage to my computer from the Switch?

• Like Like x 1
  15. CyberBlade507

CyberBlade507 Well-Known Member

If it's saved as something visible in the Switch album, I'm pretty sure you need it to be on an SD card. From there, you can just take it out of the Switch (probably best to power off the Switch beforehand), use an adapter or port to connect the SD card to your computer, then just find the folder or folders with the files you want and copy them.

Been a while since I've done that myself, but I'm pretty sure it was a fairly straightforward process, so long as you already have an SD card and some way to connect the card to your computer.

• Like Like x 1
  16. MetalRyde

MetalRyde is an a-hole with a heart. RIP Spike and Mojo.

How often does the switch closes GTATTTDE due to an error?

17. Dr Kain

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Old):
    I found my MicroSD card adapter, so it doesn't matter anymore. Thanks.

18. Dr Kain

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Old):
    Well fuck. All of my Dread files I saved are coming up with no video when I try to edit my review. I'm only getting audio. WTF?

19. CyberBlade507

CyberBlade507 Well-Known Member

Could it be an encoding issue? Like, does the video show up if you try to play the files with VLC or something? I've had the opposite issue in the past where some video files won't have audio on Windows' default video player due to the encoder used, but VLC works fine.

As a sanity check, everything plays correctly when viewing the original files on the Switch, right?

20. Dr Kain

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Old):
    Yeah, it plays fine when I pull it up on Media Player, but when I put it into Vegas, the video goes all green. I ended up having to put the files through Handbrake and convert them to a different version of MP4 and now the video shows up fine. Downside is that it distorted the audio, but at least I can just synch up the new files with the audio of the old files.