Nintendo Switch/NX Discussion

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Gaastra, Mar 17, 2015.

1. gil

gil Godmaster

• Like Like x 3
  2. AnonymousDwell

AnonymousDwell Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, while I enjoy Star Link (and while the digital version as others have said is the better value, I love the physical Arwing and have it displayed with my Amiibo lol,) it's definitely not the Star Fox game I actually want. I'd give almost anything at this point for just a straightforward Star Fox shooter.

Alas, there aren't really any 3D flight shooters in that simple, arcadey vein on Switch that I'm aware of. There's Sky Rogue, but that might even be a little less straightforward than you're looking for (it's basically Ace Combat meets roguelite.) There's also Skies of Fury DX, but that's a WW1 game.

I actually like both of those games a lot, but they don't scratch this itch either. Nintendo needs to stop trying to reinvent the wheel (Zero) and licensing IP for creative experiments (Star Link) and just give us a straight up Star Fox game.

It can have modernizations (a lot more missions, maybe build in some Star Fox Command or Star Fox 2 style strategy layer stuff as long as it's lightweight and doesn't become tedious, or even eschew the on rails design for all the levels being more open if they want, add progression and unlocks, etc. etc.) but mechanically I just want Star Fox lol.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2019
    • Like Like x 3
  3. Tigran

Tigran Well-Known Member

You know if they just released a straight forward Starfox game again, critics and fans would whine "It's not different enough! It's just Star Fox 64 again!" Whine whine whine!

• Like Like x 3
  4. AnonymousDwell

AnonymousDwell Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yep. Star Fox is kind of the ultimate catch 22 for them. The core game is an extremely brief, extremely on rails experience that is kind of out of place in today's market. Yet straying too far from that earns them fans' ire lol. I think the key might be in sheer volume of content. Give us a huge, meaty experience that is also quintessentially Star Fox at its heart. But therein lies the problem. That's a lot to spend for a series that isn't exactly a huge seller compared to their other IPs. (They might just be better off resurrecting the Rogue Squadron IP since Star Wars sells. Lol. Actually I want that series to come back, too.)

• Like Like x 2
  5. Dr Kain

Dr Kain Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    FOund this game on sale for $50 at Walmart today, and since I was planning to grab him with today's paycheck, it was perfect timing:

[​IMG]

I've never played the game before, so I hope it's good. I also suspect it won't take me too long to get through considering it was a GB game.

• Like Like x 4
  6. MetalRyde

MetalRyde is an a-hole with a heart. RIP Spike and Mojo.

You should have fun with it. Not too short.

Where did you get those sick Godzilla merchandise? King Caeser!

7. Dr Kain

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Walmart.

8. marvel b

marvel b Bearer of the Matrix of Smash

News Credits:
    On sale? At my Walmart, every physical release game has been $50 for months now. Even brand new releases. I thought it was an everywhere type of thing. Weird...

9. Gaastra

Gaastra Well-Known Member

News Credits:

• Like Like x 3
  10. Dr Kain

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Interesting. This si the first time I've actually looked at the Switch games for Walmart ever.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Mark

Mark Just here for the toys

Ebay:
    Flickr:
    I enjoyed Link's Awakening way more than I thought I would. And I wouldn't say it's too short. I think it's just about right, really - gives you a satisfying experience without taking over your life.

• Like Like x 5
  12. Mark

Mark Just here for the toys

Ebay:
    Flickr:
    OK another question. I got my two older girls a switch lite for each for christmas, and I'm trying to set them up but am struggling. I want to put a newly purchased copy of stardew valley on each one but the only option it gives me is to redownload. My understanding is that if I choose that only one person can play at a time, and that isn't what I want.

Do I need a switch online account to be able to share games? And is there a way to access the store as one of them as the user but with my account?

Edit: Ok I think I have it figured out. What a PITA. Everything now is just an endless nightmare of needing more accounts with more login ids and passwords. It's overwhelming.

2nd edit: ok so for the game sharing thing, it only works on the non primary console if I am the user, right? God that’s dumb. It authenticates every three hours anyway - why can’t it let other people on the family account use the games as long as it’s limited to only one person playing any one game at a time?

Last edited: Dec 22, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Cracka J

Cracka J judas in my mind TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Walmart stores switched all games to cap out at $50 a few months back outside of like special editions. even those are like 60 now.

kinda nice considering my gamers club at bestbuy just expired a few months back as well.

• Like Like x 3
  14. OmegaScourge

OmegaScourge Custom Made TFW2005 Supporter

That's really good to know. After my Best Buy Gamer's Club expired I've been going to Target since I use my Red Card 5% discount. Guess I'll be going to Wal-Mart now.

15. Tigran

Tigran Well-Known Member

Yeah, but that means going into Walmart... Being able to breath is worth the extra 10 bucks to me.

• Like Like x 3
  16. Gaastra

Gaastra Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Splatoon 2's updates are not done yet.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Cracka J

Cracka J judas in my mind TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I have a good wm and a bad one in my area. Ill take the few extra mins to drive to the good one every time.

18. Tigran

Tigran Well-Known Member

I have a dog shit filled one (not joking) and... that's it. With my allergies to dogs and cats, I'll just pay the ten bucks to get Amazon or digital.

19. gil

gil Godmaster

I'm playing Ori. I'm in the last area (still a big area), and I was having a hard time at it. So I looked up a Youtube and realized the dude had way more life and energy cells. I'm going at it with only 6 cells each and the guy has something like 12 each. I think with my skill level, I need those extra cells. But I'm nowhere close to a teleport spot, which means I need to push on through till I find one or back track a bunch. Push on through it is!

Anyway, I generally avoid platformers. No New Super Mario Bros. U, No MegaMan 7. No Mario Maker. None of that for me. Ori got me with the "Metroidvania" description. It's a beautiful game and I'm hooked and determined to beat it. But damn, it really is a tough game.

And speaking of Metriodvanias, does anyone know if there's going to be more "big" updates to the Switch version of Bloodstained? Or was the October update the big one and everything else from now is minor?

20. TheWarPathGuy

TheWarPathGuy Tougher than Leather.

Question if I buy another Nintendo switch online, will it add on more days if I already have one that's on going?

• Like Like x 1